***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The same video, in 2015, could have been the face of Obama's immigration policy... it's propaganda, clearly.
I was not a fan of Obama's immigration policies, but let us not act like the two are equivalent

It is a ****ing lie to act like he was anywhere as cruel as Trump. They are no even in the same league

We now the two men have different views on immigrants, we know one supports Dreamers and the other wants to banish kids from the only home they ever knew, we know under Obama people that had been in he country for decades mostly got to stay whereas under Trump they are being deported, we know Obama thought immigrants and refugees we good people seeking a good life whereas Trump thinks they are a invading hoard that will bring crime and disease to America.

Obama wanted an immigration deal and in the interim he was committed to enforcing the laws on the books without being cruel. Trump sabotaged an immigration deal because they felt it was not cruel enough to immigrants.

We know they are not the same.

Stop ****ing acting like a insincere morally bankrupt troll for once in your sad existence on NT and just condemn **** you know is vile.

That is another sign of desperation. You think that every comment is about you.

I don't mind that a dude that I don't know, on the internet, thinks I'm desperate. In fact, it is a rather odd word choice.

But thanks for sharing. Any actual politics you want to discuss considering the thread title?

Yes, I worked in a judge's chambers and literally reviewed a great number of the removal orders and opinions.

But you don't have to take my word for it. It is common knowledge that the Obama administration deported more people than any other U.S. president's administration in history.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story?id=41715661

My point is not to say President Obama did a bad job. My point is that comprehensive immigration reform has been needed for a while. And the issues did not begin with Trump, as the post suggests.

That's not the question I asked

I wasn't asking for deportation numbers

I was asking for something to show that "tons" of families were separated because of Obama's policies

Though that article does do a great job of illustrating just how idiotic it is to insinuate that Trump isn't doing anything different from Obama

Genuine question:

Are people lumping asylum seekers with illegal immigrants? Isn't it legal to seek asylum..?

Doesn’t matter. Any brown person at the border is a bad hombre coming to steal jobs and destroy the white Christian nation.

The way everything is being handled at the border and the criminalization of asylum seekers (holding warehouses, cages, etc) it’s easy to see how that narrative conveniently twists.

I don't mind that a dude that I don't know, on the internet, thinks I'm desperate. In fact, it is a rather odd word choice.

But thanks for sharing. Any actual politics you want to discuss considering the thread title?
Yeah, the politics of being Black, and the ramifications of denial in the climate of segregation, sexism, and xenophobia.

I was not a fan of Obama's immigration policies, but let us not act like the two are equivalent

It is a ****ing lie to act like he was anywhere as cruel as Trump. They are no even in the same league

We now the two men have different views on immigrants, we know one supports Dreamers and the other wants to banish kids from the only home they ever knew, we know under Obama people that had been in he country for decades mostly got to stay whereas under Trump they are being deported, we know Obama thought immigrants and refugees we good people seeking a good life whereas Trump thinks they are a invading hoard that will bring crime and disease to America.

Obama wanted an immigration deal and in the interim he was committed to enforcing the laws on the books without being cruel. Trump sabotaged an immigration deal because they felt it was not cruel enough to immigrants.

Stop ****ing acting like a insincere morally bankrupt troll for once in your sad existence on NT and just condemn **** you know is vile.

I don't purport to know what either of them thinks.

But the reality is that President Obama deported more undocumented immigrants than any other US president in history.

But my point was not to condemn him. My point is that we need comprehensive immigration reform. It appears that we agree on that point.

You are pointing a rhetoric and ignoring actions. Of course no one wants to see families separated. But to make it seem like this is an issue that originated under this president is insincere, to use your word.

Yeah, the politics of being Black, and the ramifications of denial in the climate of segregation, sexism, and xenophobia.

Segregation, sexism, and xenophobia has been around since I can remember. Under both political parties. This country was founded on it, as well as slave labor. Is there a specific policy you want to discuss?

From the link that was shared about Obama's deportation numbers

"Priority three for the administration is focused on those who have arrived after January 1, 2014. The administration has focused on preventing families from sending their children unaccompanied on a dangerous trek by emphasizing they will be returned.

Many of these unaccompanied children and mothers with children are fleeing violence in central America—coming from the northern triangle of Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras, some of the most dangerous countries in the world.

Many of the people migrating from that area to the U.S. claim refugee status and, if they can prove real harm will result in their being returned, they are allowed to remain until their case is heard."

Compare that to Trump's zero tolerance policy that wanted anyone who illegally crossed the border to be prosecuted, often without any semblance of that good ol due process

Comparing the two as if they're the same is moronic to say the least

But the reality is that President Obama deported more undocumented immigrants than any other US president in history.

But my point was not to condemn him. My point is that we need comprehensive immigration reform. It appears that we agree on that point.

You are pointing a rhetoric and ignoring actions. Of course no one wants to see families separated. But to make it seem like this is an issue that originated under this president is insincere, to use your word.
Obama deported so many people people partly because the way deportations were calculated changed toward the end of the Bush presidency. The Obama Administration themselves were the ones that inflated the deportation numbers

You literally can't compare his numbers to anyone else but Trump's

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obama-deportations-20140402-story.html

I am not asking you to know what is in the hearts. I am asking you for once to stop acting like a dense troll and look at the facts of the situation.

Trump wanted families separated, he is the one that started separating them in force like this, there is no evidence Trump's cruelty matches Obama's actions.

You're just making yourself look like a bigger low life with ever post you deflect or try to defend Trump

Will Democratic candidates stop talking about ****ing reparations?

cat's read one too many tanehasi coates columns.
They are doing it because of the ADOS movement, and one of the fringe candidates have proposed it.

Not like they can hide from it. The question is being asked

That's not the question I asked

I wasn't asking for deportation numbers

I was asking for something to show that "tons" of families were separated because of Obama's policies

Though that article does do a great job of illustrating just how idiotic it is to insinuate that Trump isn't doing anything different from Obama

So when he deported a record number of people you think they weren't separated from their families?

Sounds legit. Good analysis.

I don't know why you guys still deal with this idiot. He clearly has no interest in an actual discussion.

If you just ignore him, he will go away.

I hear there is a really cool ignore function. Once you use it, you have to post in here and say you used it--or you won't get the e-props.

Genuine question:

Are people lumping asylum seekers with illegal immigrants? Isn't it legal to seek asylum..?
In these people's defense, they are usually only lumping asylum seekers together with illegal immigrants, because they are racists.

The answer to this question is very simple.

In one case, family separation is a natural biproduct of deportations.

In the other case, family separation is the closer to the goal, not the biproduct. It is listed as a beneficiary deterrent in DHS memos.
61acb28258222aea1794b4d09eebb135.png

e8bad1e1ba803385ecddb7233458abd5.png

b3332a92cd72f231677e83e14659bee8.png

Back
Top Bottom