***Official Political Discussion Thread***

All they can do at this point is try and get the Dems to bite on something else. Also the media, because as much as Impeachment feels good odds are this is all just a precursor to the election. Trump (and the rest of the Republicans) are gonna hate having to run as the corrupt party of of Stupid traitorous Nixon...... aka who they really are.

The sad, but real story of this whole thing is if the Dems can make the idea of Trump being corrupt stick even amongst Republicans. So far so fricking good.

Like I said before, Yang is the 2019 Ross Perot. I really don't like dude and think he is kinda full of it.

His best idea isn't even the UBI, it is the democracy dollars thing.

However I am happy that Asian Americans have a candidate they feel they can relate with.

But yeah, not Yang. Please no, not him.
Just curious, what's the dislike with Yang?

Sounds like Pence's aides are running damage control. Pence was instructed to tell Zelensky that aid was being withheld while requesting that Ukraine does more against "corruption."
Additionally, Pence's national security adviser listened in on the July 25 call. Trump has displayed a liking for euphemisms, for example when he claimed the Russian Trump Tower meeting was about "adoptions", a euphemism for Magnitsky Act sanctions.
Obviously Trump has no interest in corruption in Ukraine, otherwise he wouldn't have hired Manafort and Rick Gates in the first place. He also wouldn't have continued praising Manafort as a good guy throughout his felony convictions, guilty plea, ...
He also wouldn't have made clear in November 28, after the felony convictions and guilty plea, that a pardon was still on the table for Manafort.

df5e22f16f6fd3e6be667185a46d4a6f.png

b133ec9a0194260f8d556728ea5a37ff.png

d19c35d72cab92dd190f36b89420bec1.png

Last edited:
All they can do at this point is try and get the Dems to bite on something else. Also the media, because as much as Impeachment feels good odds are this is all just a precursor to the election. Trump (and the rest of the Republicans) are gonna hate having to run as the corrupt party of of Stupid traitorous Nixon...... aka who they really are.

The sad, but real story of this whole thing is if the Dems can make the idea of Trump being corrupt stick even amongst Republicans. So far so fricking good.
Here's an indicator of the type of cultish devotion you're up against.

(From yesterday)

Sounds like Pence's aides are running damage control. Pence was instructed to tell Zelensky that aid was being withheld while requesting that Ukraine does more against "corruption."
Additionally, Pence's national security adviser listened in on the July 25 call. Trump has displayed a liking for euphemisms, for example when he claimed the Russian Trump Tower meeting was about "adoptions", a euphemism for Magnitsky Act sanctions.
Obviously Trump has no interest in corruption in Ukraine, otherwise he wouldn't have hired Manafort and Rick Gates in the first place. He also wouldn't have continued praising Manafort as a good guy throughout his felony convictions, guilty plea, ...
He also wouldn't have made clear in November 28, after the felony convictions and guilty plea, that a pardon was still on the table for Manafort.

This reads as Pence is somehow dumber than he looks.

I’m not going to get involved in this Warren vs. Bernie debate but why would a Bernie supporter hate on Warren? She’s speaking the same message essentially and gets us to the same end goal. At the end put this bull**** petty difference behind you and keep moving forward which is to get Trumpito out the paint.

I don't think that any Bernie supporter on here dislikes Warren. In fact, as posted by another member, most (8 of 10) Sanders and Warren supporters like each others candidate.
What usually happens is that Sanders is held to a different standard than other candidates and that causes a defense of Sanders and "an attack" on the other candidate's similar flaws that are ignored. I think the reasonable person understands there are different standards for the candidates.
Every Bernie supporter on here and even the celeb ones like Susan Sarandon, Mark Ruffalo, and Shailene Woodley have had to defend Sanders on TV and come off as attacking other candidates because of the bias that exists.

Personally, I will settle for Warren but she is not Bernie Sanders. She is not as bold and consistent as Sanders. Some here will pull a Sanders bill here and there that they didn't like but Warren and Biden are no better. In fact one of them was a republican at some point while Sanders has maintained his progressive ideology since the civil rights era.
For me integrity is important....especially after 3 years of Trump.

When I read this entire saga from the Ukrainian angle, I can't help but think about how they missed the opportunity to double cross the US. If they had any knowledge of US laws (which they should have had), they would have known the offer was inappropriate, and they could have used it to blackmail this government in ways that would raise the ire of US actors after the shenanigans were uncovered and the Trump administration was gone.

But I guess that only happens when you elect career law professionals (and not actors) to the highest offices of your land.

They are morons, just like the people who elect them. Democracy is working as intended.

Remember the Mercers? You know, the Cambridge Analytica family whose daughter is a stunning beauty?

fafafaac.jpg

Essentially the same people who came up with Clinton Cash and successfully fooled idiot independents in 2016 were trying to do the same thing to Joe Biden in 2020:

Back
Top Bottom