***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is one thing that conservatives love to ignore. The only reason they have power is through undemocratic systems and activities.

Most of the country wants to be govern by Dems. The Dems are progressively moving more left, and at the same time more and more people prefer them and their policies.

It is just that our current electoral and political system prevents the people to put them in power.

Yet conservatives always whinning about Dems, liberals, and leftist respecting the diet apartheid state they are building

Mannnn **** all the way off with that.

While the GOP is a fascist party and does have a lot in come with the Nazis, the most rousing comparison is with South Africa before 1990.

It’s all about minority rule for them. My only hope is that it will blow up in their faces.

Before 2010, there were still viable electoral only paths to structural reform. Since then, there have been put in place so many counter majoritarian obstacles that dual power will be needed to dislodge this rapidly solidifying apartheid regime.

Still have never seen the full mueller report. Still have never seen the transcript of the Zelnisky call. Multiple witnesses never testified. Ignored subpoenas. No tax returns. Documents not turned over. Trump never divested. Bank records held up in courts. Manafort and Stone lied and destroyed evidence. And with all that....we’ve been lulled to act like this is normal :lol:.

Trump basically running the same con he did with his business. Use high powered lawyers, media propaganda and the courts to stall his criminality. He’s even more powerful now than a wealthy, connected white man can be. And has the Highest Court, DOJ, Senate, armed cult base and Right wing propaganda network and Russian-Saudi and countless other oligarchs and help at his arsenal.

He’s just powering through. No regard for anything. And there seems to be no real “check” on anything. Trump is the true “stress test” for the flimsy American constitution. It’s just words to wealthy, powerful white men. The laws don’t mean a thing, when words and facts don’t mean a thing....and you can’t enforce it. He had a lifetime to figure this out. This **** is going to get worse.

I’d argue that the constitution wasn’t designed to block someone like Donald Trump. The constitution’s top priority was and always shall be the protection of wealth.

If America needs to have a brutish, petty, president, who violates the law, in order to ram through rightwing judges, who can protect private property at the expense of democracy, so be it.

If colluding with a foreign power is the price of keeping America great for the rich, the Constitution, at its very core, prefers collusion.

The cavalcade of goons and ghouls from Trump, to McConnell to Kavanaugh, are the sort of men whom our framers would want. The illustrious founders of this country share the values of Trump and McConnell and Kavanaugh.

America is doing just fine, the 80% of the population that lives within the confines of American borders aren’t doing so hot. America, land of Kavanaugh, land of Trump, land of McConnell, it needs to be destroyed and in its place, something new built.

Last edited:
I don't consider myself very antisocial, but definitely a quiet guy. With that said, I occasionally like to get to work early and catch up on the political discourse/drama, especially in recent weeks. Anyway, a muthaloving co-worker who ain't even supposed to be here at this hour decided to just stand over my shoulder and eventually comment on a video I'm watching.

I had to pretend like I had no idea what's going on cuz I felt awkward discussing politics at work.

Idc that his opinion matched mine on the subject at hand.

The whole point is this douche doesn't need to be here and I don't appreciate my solitude being interrupted.

Besides that, does anyone interact with coworkers in that arena? I know it has the potential to create friction, or at the very least, uneasiness.

AE2F8C4B-B58D-4F7B-B034-D9B428556723.jpeg

I don't consider myself very antisocial, but definitely a quiet guy. With that said, I occasionally like to get to work early and catch up on the political discourse/drama, especially in recent weeks. Anyway, a muthaloving co-worker who ain't even supposed to be here at this hour decided to just stand over my shoulder and eventually comment on a video I'm watching.

I had to pretend like I had no idea what's going on cuz I felt awkward discussing politics at work.

Idc that his opinion matched mine on the subject at hand.

The whole point is this douche doesn't need to be here and I don't appreciate my solitude being interrupted.

Besides that, does anyone interact with coworkers in that arena? I know it has the potential to create friction, or at the very least, uneasiness.

Nope I do what you, act surprised and pretend as if I have no clue what’s going on

a wise man told me a very long time ago not to argue politics and religion with people

I've mentioned this here a bunch of times, but my coworker is an middle aged, black outspoken Trump supporter. He seems to always try to take every discussion there.

When he first arrived at my unit I just avoided him and those discussions because, as with any other Trump supporter I've encountered, it's not about logic.

The last three years has really taught me to tune out a lot of that now. I used to get wrapped up in it and get frustrated, but I do a much better job of letting it go and going about my day.

I know what you mean about having your solitude interrupted by someone who held their opinion to such high regard that they decided to come over and share it without being asked. That's literally all day for me with a Trump supporter opposite my cubicle wall fielding calls from the other Trump supporters in the building about the story of the day. I couldn't stomach it before...now it's just sad.

I've mentioned this here a bunch of times, but my coworker is an middle aged, black outspoken Trump supporter. He seems to always try to take every discussion there.

When he first arrived at my unit I just avoided him and those discussions because, as with any other Trump supporter I've encountered, it's not about logic.

The last three years has really taught me to tune out a lot of that now. I used to get wrapped up in it and get frustrated, but I do a much better job of letting it go and going about my day.

I know what you mean about having your solitude interrupted by someone who held their opinion to such high regard that they decided to come over and share it without being asked. That's literally all day for me with a Trump supporter opposite my cubicle wall fielding calls from the other Trump supporters in the building about the story of the day. I couldn't stomach it before...now it's just sad.

Glad we finally met in person famb. I'm trying to get you to join Coal Gang. Let's chat in the break room.

My desk is next to the lunch area which is essentially a mega-cube with a few tables where people eat. Can’t count how many times I’ve heard old white people complain about how “things aren’t like they used to be.” Which is usually dropped when in reference to LGBTQ and racial issues.

I don’t mind it. I just observe and keep mental notes of who is who.

Back
Top Bottom