***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I member when everyone in here said the countless pictures Trump has with people doesn’t mean that he supports them or had their support or worked with them at all. In fact, despite said pictures, he is still labeled as a clear racist by many in here.

See countless pictures of him with rappers, other celebrities, etc.

Now pictures mean allegiance?
Has it been mentioned that Lev Parnas is being looked at by the law partly because he was setting up shell companies to funnel dark money into GOP campaigns? That goes beyond being a mere stalker/photobomber of political figures.

I travel a good bit. I’m saying this is what I hear aside from NYC, DC, and Cali. A lot of black professionals don’t openly discuss views that are considered conservative for fear of retaliation in my experience. But I’ve got tons of progressive, and moderate liberal friends as well.

But surely this is a venue to discuss personal experiences as well as polling data.
What?

Haha.

Black folks who lean conservative love to make it known, especially in professional fields. If anything, they think that gets them brownie points.

Voter ID laws, coupled with legislation to provide easy access to obtain the required IDs, can pass the smell test.
But this is not what is happening. Voter ID laws are often coupled with a reduction in access to those IDs. Otherwise, they would have been implemented long before 2013, when the voting rights act provision of the civil rights acts expired.

Do you know what that provision required?

But this is not what is happening. Voter ID laws are often coupled with a reduction in access to those IDs. Otherwise, they would have been implemented long before 2013, when the voting rights act provision of the civil rights acts expired.

Do you know what that provision required?

I’m talking about the state voter ID laws that have been passed.

What?

Haha.

Black folks who lean conservative love to make it known, especially in professional fields. If anything, they think that gets them brownie points.

In the south, sure. But I don’t see that much when I’m up north honestly. Has that been your experience?

Yes, actually. I have friends that believe that voter-ID laws are per se racist. I’ve got friends that feel like we should be working to make sure that black people have IDs instead of subscribing to the idea that black people are inherently less likely to have government-issued IDs.

Personally, I feel that access to these IDs, if they are required to vote, is important. Voter ID laws, coupled with legislation to provide easy access to obtain the required IDs, can pass the smell test.

But that brings it to the intent vs. impact discussion.
You are sooooo full of ****.

For one in many instances the GOP has been making it harder for residents to obtain ideas. Because of the socioeconomic conditions that disportionately affect black communities, they are less likely to have government issued IDs. Voter rights groups and the Dems are for making easier for folk to get IDs, the party you morally bankrupt *** supports are against it.

And voter ID laws are not the only tactic of voter suppression. They close polling places, supply less voting machines, restrict early voting, and purge voter rolls. All disportionately hit black communities.

You are more than likely just making this **** up. You don't give and damn about black people voting because you continuously voter for the party that tries to making it harder for them. Your black conservative professional friends that make excuses for the GOP's diet Jim Crow tactics are trash too btw.

This whole impact vs intent thing is just a way for you to deflect. Like ****ing always.

Last edited:
i dont think its farfetched that black trump supporters exist considering black conservatives exist. and i bet theres a great deal of overlap between the two groups. I do wonder how they feel about the GOP and black voter suppression and the resistance of RNC/GOP in supporting black conservative local politicians.

THey don't want to address it or believe it's overblown. The truth about Black conservatives is that they are ignorant of the political AND religious history of this country.

They do not know that the reason the Baptist church is split is because of the question of the role and status of Blacks folks in America.

They do not know that the "school choice" talking point is a long drawn attempt to weaken the public school (created during Reconstruction) to reverse the effects of integration.

They are that ignorant. Nothing but curiosity about the reasons why the GOP refuses to consider them as more than counterweight to the more diverse Democratic party will lead them to reevaluate the political side they support.

I would like to point out the Dwalk's deflection on trying to show he can support voter ID laws and not be supporting voter suppression is trash.

It is trash because the GOP been out there making it harder for people to get IDs. So he is advocating for a middle ground that even the GOP doesn't support. Yet he still will give the GOP his vote proudly.

dwalk31 dwalk31 does not give a damn about black folk access to the ballot. Just like the bigots he votes for.

You are sooooo full of ****.

For one in many instances the GOP has been making it harder for residents to obtain ideas. Because of the socioeconomic conditions that disportionately affect black communities, they are less likely to have government issued IDs. Voter rights groups and the Dems are for making easier for folk to get IDs, the party you morally bankrupt *** supports are against it.

And voter ID laws are not the only tactic of voter suppression. They close polling places, supply less voting machines, restrict early voting, and purge voter rolls. All disportionately hit black communities.

You are more than likely just making this **** up. You don't give and damn about black people voting because you continuously voter for the party that tries to making it harder for them. Your black conservative professional friends that make excuses for the GOP's diet Jim Crow tactics are trash too bte.

This whole impact vs intent thing is just a way for you to deflect. Like ****ing always.

I am against voter suppression, no matter who is doing it (or how), period.

I said that already.

Do you think intent is a relevant inquiry? Or is impact the end of the discussion?

I would like to point out the Dwalk's deflection on trying to show he can support voter ID laws and not be supporting voter suppression is trash.

It is trash because the GOP been out there making it harder for people to get IDs. So he is advocating for a middle ground that even the GOP doesn't support. Yet he still will give the GOP his vote proudly.

dwalk31 dwalk31 does not give a damn about black folk access to the ballot. Just like the bigots he votes for.

I stated my position on voter ID laws. Surely you don’t believe that I have to adopt the position of any and every person of the GOP. Any position that is at odds with what I said is something I don’t support.

Do you feel that one must subscribe to every position/statement from a certain party/politician to support some positions/statements?

Btw we need to be careful on how we classify conservative. Black conservativism is not monolithic. Many black conservatives today are what you would think of a conservative from the 60s and 70s. Supporting neo classical economics with civil rights policy. Many of these people mainly critize the Dems, instead of championing the GOP. Many still vote Dem too. Also you have black evangelicals who have more conservative social views, but these folk are reliable Dem voters, because again, civil rights.

The black people that cape for Trump are not conservatives in a traditional ( again before the parties realigned) sense, they are in a modern sense. They are far right reactionaries that have internalized racism. That is why they support far right white reactionaries that aim to further the system of white suprremacy.

DWalk can talk about a few black professionals he knows, but the GOP still loses to the Dems with black professionals. And from the many convos I have had, almost all of them have issues with the Democratic Party. However, a vast majority of them still vote Dem because at minimum the Democratic Party is not hostile to their basic existence.

Last edited:
The reason I think think this both sides nonsense is so destructive is that is hides how off the rails conservatives have become. Modern conservativism is very dangerous. It took an already somewhat problematic ideology, took the absolute worst of it, and made it median of the movement. Then the media tells the public we should find middle ground with that.

A somewhat decent (or not complete trash) conservative would look nothing like what we see in today's GOP. The conservative right, that is driven by crony capitalism, white identity politics, religious fundamentalism, nativism, racism, hawkish foreign policy, scientific ignorance, sexism, cruelty, and general bigotry, is like three to four standard deviations away from reassembling anything reasonable.

And this is who DWalk supports.

Last edited:
Btw we need to be careful on how we classify conservative. Black conservativism is not monolithic. Many black conservatives today are what you would think of a conservative from the 60s and 70s. Supporting neo classical economics with civil rights policy. Many of these people mainly critize the Dems, instead of championing the GOP. Many still vote Dem too. Also you have black evangelicals who have more conservative social views, but these folk are reliable Dem voters, because again, civil rights.

The black people that cape for Trump are not conservatives in a traditional sense, they are in a modern sense. They are far right reactionaries that have internalized racism. That is why they support far right white reactionaries what aim to further the system of white suprremacy.

DWalk can talk about a few black professionals he knows, but the GOP still loses to the Dems with black professionals. And from the many convos I have had, almost all of them have issues with the Democratic Party, a vast majority of them still vote Dem because at minimum the Democratic Party is not hostile to their basic existence.
cosign everything said in the above post. all facts.

rusty spitting that ether right now.

they should just take a day off and hash it out like gentlemen...

meetmein.JPG

Back
Top Bottom