***Official Political Discussion Thread***

stos.gif

Below is a brief summary of the existing record corroborating or contradicting the new claim by Assange's lawyers in court.

Corroborated by contemporaneous reporting:
- Rep. Rohrabacher met with Assange in August 2017 at the time Assange's lawyers claim the pardon offer was made
- Rep. Rohrabacher was actively and openly pursuing a pardon deal for Assange at that time

Contradictions by contemporaneous reporting:
- Rep. Rohrabacher's reported contacts with the WH about the pardon deal came after this meeting
- Rep. Rohrabacher publicly complained about his message not reaching president Trump after this meeting
- John Kelly blocked Rohrabacher from a WH meeting in September 2017
- The terms of the pardon deal were described differently in those reports. Assange's lawyers claim his part of the deal was to simply deny Russia's involvement, whereas Rohrabacher at the time claimed Assange had to provide evidence in exchange to refute 'collusion.'

Wildcard:
- Something prompted Mueller to ask Trump to provide written testimony on whether or not he had any discussions before the inauguration about pardoning Assange. There are no other references to Assange pardon discussions in the Mueller report.
- Rep. Rohrabacher told The Daily Caller on August 17 2017 "I can’t remember if I have spoken to anybody in the White House about this", referring to the pardon deal he was pursuing. Odd to use 'I don't recall' in that situation.

Last edited:

Yang too, wonder what they all have in common compared to Goonberg...

Better candidates weren't offered a shortcut or special advantages/privileges in the race the same way mini mike has.

Most of the field have been campaigning hard around the country for 18 months now building their support base and making inroads with people the old fashioned way only to see a newcomer literally buy his way into the conversation at the 11th hour after skipping out on all the heavy lifting...

That's a damning indictment of the present state of affairs

So you gonna drop your purity test regarding Bernie?

If you so against purity test, I guess Kamala Harris got an apology coming her way too, right?

Kamala Harris can’t and wouldn’t win an election against Trump. You know it, I know it, Kamala knows it, her white husband knows it, and everyone else in between knows it. So you can take Kamala out the equation champ.

Just the same I STRONGLY feel that Bernie Sanders can’t and won’t win against Trump. If the Democratic Party wants to lose and lose badly they should select Bernie Sanders. That way him and his cast of supporters can’t finally shut up and get what’s coming to them. Which is a beat down like no other. The fact that two white conservatives males like Trump and dwalk31 dwalk31 are advocating for Bernie to be at the top of the ticket is more than enough evidence to show that the Republican Party isn’t worried about Bernie Sanders and welcome what little bit of a challenge he presents.

It’s time for you and other purity tests individuals in here to get your heads in the game and start thinking about winning and how to win. Just take a look at the battleground states and see where Bernie Sanders stakes up against the rest and against Trump. It’s like some of you dudes just want to lose just to lose.......only say that you lost with grace and class. Dam that.

Bro you literally killed Kamala Harris in here for months with these same purity tests. Questioning her blackness, but now throwing support behind a guy who literally terrorized black New Yorkers, for just being black, myself included. This is important. This will always be important. Bloomberg was defending this as recently as 2015. A half-*** apology when he wants the nomination isn't going to change anything.

Just curious then, so if Bloomberg ends up being the nominee do you stay home or vote on Election Day and if so for who dacomeup dacomeup ??

Hopping off the Biden train, big fella?

so you, a black man, go from Biden,who pushed the crime bill, to Bloomberg, who instituted stop and frisk.

there’s a word for that. Like, when you start to believe your oppressor is on your side.

cant think of it, doe.

Nah. I’m just against Trump. If you want to believe Bernie Sanders really marched with Dr. King or really even cares about black people thats on you and others. Obviously this a piss poor Democratic selection group of potential candidates, but it’s what we have for now unfortunately.

Add to that we have an elderly, frail looking white man with a bad heart that can’t even fully explain and implement his healthcare over haul plan, this shaping up to be potentially the worst Democratic candidate in recent memory. All the signs point to a Dead End for Bernie Sanders and his cast of supporters. I’ll be sure to remind folks how wrong they were when it’s all said and done.

Like what? (serious question) Don't say money.

For starters a continuation of the Justice Department study of police departments nationwide and a revamp afterwards given the latest findings. The one that was started by the Obama Administration and stopped by the Trump Administration. For practices and unfair stops and sentences of black people....(or People Of Color as rolaholic rolaholic would say).

Just curious then, so if Bloomberg ends up being the nominee do you stay home or vote on Election Day and if so for who dacomeup dacomeup ??
I'll hold my nose and vote for Bloomberg. I believe that it won't come to that, even with his racist, sexist and xenophobic self trying to buy the nomination.

And I'm not sure what this has to do with your current support for Bloomberg, the worst option amongst all of the Democratic candidates. Biden is washed but you jumped off that bandwagon to get on this one?

Back
Top Bottom