***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Bernie would obliterate any of the politicians on stage on foreign policy. Klobuchar didnt even know the name of Mexico’s president. I would say 90% of them have an americentric view of foreign policy.
:emoji_sweat_smile:

This the same guy that was in Venezuela and Cuba talkin bout how he didn't see any poor people?

My point is that blaming the US for the predicament those countries are in is ridiculous.
Of course it is.
giphy.gif

My point is that blaming the US for the predicament those countries are in is ridiculous.

buddy i love america as much as you.
America is where i was born, educated, and where I make a living.
Loving America doesnt mean turning a blind eye to all of its devastating actions around the world.
Just imagine if England in the 1930s would have helped assassinate FDR and replaced him with a corrupt mobster and moron like Donald Trump. Imagine how it would have changed our trajectory as a nation.
Imagine if England would have helped assassinate Barack during his 2008 campaign and helped elect Mitch McConnell.
Imagine if Russia would have helped defeat Hillary and helped elect Trump lol
Where would we be as a nation?
The US has done this and more abroad.

Biden is the man, just like Obama was. So if you think their Fopo was trash I guess.
They did some good things, I will admit, but if I had to call it then on aggregate, YES. Yes it was trash

Obama terrorized civilians with his drone war. I understand the politics of it is more complex than many of his critics admit, but it was still plan and simple **** boi behavior.

And that easily puts it into the trash column.

buddy i love america as much as you.
America is where i was born, educated, and where I make a living.
Loving America doesnt mean turning a blind eye to all of its devastating actions around the world.
Just imagine if England in the 1930s would have helped assassinate FDR and replaced him with a corrupt mobster and moron like Donald Trump. Imagine how it would have changed our trajectory as a nation.
Imagine if England would have helped assassinate Barack during his 2008 campaign and helped elect Mitch McConnell.
Imagine if Russia would have helped defeat Hillary and helped elect Trump lol
Where would we be as a nation?
The US has done this and more abroad.
I see your point, and agree that the US has overreached their influence in far too many countries to name. I just think that each respective situation is so distinct and nuanced that your examples while illuminating, are oversimplifications.

They did some good things, I will admit, but if I had to call it then on aggregate, YES. Yes it was trash

Obama terrorized civilians with his drone war. I understand the politics of it is more complex than many of his critics admit, but it was still plan and simple **** boi behavior. And easily puts it into the trash column.
We will agree to disagree.

I for one liked the Iran deal
Liked how he was tough on Pakistan
Libya
Loved how he showed Netanyahu the respect he deserves (none)
Also liked how he refused to bend over to the Saudis

Last edited:
No sate policy "solution" ever brings "peace and justice"
My point is that the entire premise of the two-state solution, which has been so thoroughly ingrained as political “common sense” it is invoked reflexively at this point, is fundamentally problematic and unworkable.

As for your comment here, are you referencing Israel/Palestine specifically or is this a blanket statement?

My point is that the entire premise of the two-state solution, which has been so thoroughly ingrained as political “common sense” it is invoked reflexively at this point, is fundamentally problematic and unworkable.

As for your comment here, are you referencing Israel/Palestine specifically or is this a blanket statement?
This is a blanket statement, and for the record. While I don't want to get into it here, I think I know what you mean and I agree with your view on a two state solution from a moral standpoint.

Unfortunately any other solution is unrealistic.

So Mayo Pete really though it'd be smart to come out against the revolutionary politics of the Civil Rights era in a Dem primary for a state with a major black percentage of the electorate which he has struggled with terribly so far this cycle?

Guess that was his way of closing out BHM...

Who is advising this dude?? For all his technocratic polish and attempted Obama swagger jacking, he sure does suck at coming across as in tune with the Dem base in 2020. Sounding like he just hopped out of a time machine from the '3rd way/New Dem' era...

Last edited:
In Bernie's America, we will expand the availability of electric cars. Cars you can recharge every night by running an extension cord from your neighbor's house.

Look, we will save so much money and have a lot left over for healthcare.

All 310 million of us will use Canada’s wifi and Hulu sub. We’ll sell our food stamps to Cuba for tobacco. We’ll sneak into Russia and bring back potatoes and smoked sausage. Bahamas, we’ll finesse that HBO go. Mexico has a party every Friday night, we’ll bring over a 12 pack of natty ice and at the party, we’ll drink a bunch of modelos and eat uno, dos, tres, cuatro tacos, don’t forget the rice and beans on the plato. We’ll save so much we can easily get the M4A.

IMG_20200226_071226.jpg

Well that explains a lot...

Something seemed fishy once I heard them boo Goonberg getting asked to release his tax returns along with booing Liz for calling out his history of sexism out and his history as a republican mayor and GOP donor :lol:

Only plausible explanation for the likes of Goonberg and Mayo somehow getting most of the applause while Liz and Bern kept getting interrupted with boos and yelling

Didn't expect tickets to cost Superbowl $ though :wow: :sick:,not a good look at all tbh

IMG_20200226_071226.jpg

Well that explains a lot...

Something seemed fishy once I heard them boo Goonberg getting asked to release his tax returns along with booing Liz for calling out his history of sexism out and his history as a republican mayor and GOP donor :lol:

Only plausible explanation for the likes of Goonberg and Mayo somehow getting most of the applause while Liz and Bern kept getting interrupted with boos and yelling

Didn't expect tickets to cost Superbowl $ though :wow: :sick:,not a good look at all tbh

That’s hardly Super Bowl money. The average ticket cost this year was $10K :lol:

Are you insinuating that Mayo and Mini Mike gave folks money to front as sponsors and then come to the debate?

Back
Top Bottom