***Official Political Discussion Thread***

AE76E112-A440-4A6C-9A19-645AE31A064C.jpeg

I'm just disgusted by some Bernie people,

Im listening to NY Times Elizabeth Bruenig on the left right center podcast just saying well it's impossible to move the democratic party to the left, that the party institution is fundamentally opposed to this.
She's basically given up, she says it's impossible.

like wut? What kind of loser type attitude is this?

im sooo unbelievably annoyed WIN SOME BLACK VOTERS. Jeeze.

The lack of grit from some white progressives is astonishing.

I'm just disgusted by some Bernie people,

Im listening to NY Times Elizabeth Bruenig on the left right center podcast just saying well it's impossible to move the democratic party to the left, that the party institution is fundamentally opposed to this.
She's basically given up, she says it's impossible.

like wut? What kind of loser type attitude is this?

im sooo unbelievably annoyed WIN SOME BLACK VOTERS. Jeeze.

The lack of grit from some white progressives is astonishing.

Easier said than done.

Hillary Clinton said she was going to win over a bunch of “moderate” professional-managerial class Republicans and that she would be unbeatable. Hillary Clinton’s policies would have been better for all but the very rich, even fairly high income workers would have benefited and Clinton made overwrites towards that group and she oriented a good deal of her campaign to reaching those voters. It didn’t work to the degree she needed.

Same dynamic with Bernie in these 2020 primaries. Most black people would do better with Bernie’s policies and Bernie did lots of outreach to black voters. It didn’t work to the extent he needed.

Also, it should be noted that disengaging from a particular political party is not the same as leaving electoral politics. Also, leaving electoral politics is the same thing as abandoning politics.

I think that anyone who say’s the Democratic party has failed bernie is stupid. Bernie has set the foundation for dynamic thinkers to run for their local governments. Change will follow if they keep those people in. Bernie put a lot of the progressive thinkers in their spots now. It’s up to the lame *** bernie bros to either pick the lesser of two evils for now or throw the towel in.

Back
Top Bottom