***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You are right that Obama was likely exposed to that rhetoric once he lived on the South Side of Chicago. I was pointing out he didn't grow up there or in a place anywhere close to that.

That aside, nothing I pointed out wasn't true. The "day-to-day experiences" (my words) of a black law professor and presidential candidate who lives in one of the poshest neighborhoods in Chicago are about as far from those of an impoverished, unemployed young gang member living on the verge of homelessness in one of the roughest neighborhoods in Chicago (Woodlawn, where he delivered the speech and where I used to work with just this population) as could be imagined—outside of the fact that they're both black and thus are both confronted with racism in a general sense. That was why I included the getting pulled over line—as an acknowledgement that Obama had to deal with racism as well, not as an attempt to encapsulate the entirety of his experiences as a black man. Apologies if that came off differently than I intended.
That's cool.

Nevermind with the rest if you read it before the edit, I misread the last bit of your post.

Almost everyone who supported Bernie was working class (not to be confused with everyone, who is working class, supported Bernie). And while it is perilous to project your own experiences and region o to the rest of the US, where I am, the typical Bernie support is a Latina nurse, a Filipina social worker or an Indian-American grad student and they are all working class.

The fact that vaguely racist, retired orthodontists, who own pickup trucks, and live in Michigan and Minnesota flipped from Sanders in 2016, as a protest vote against Hillary, to Biden in 2020 hardly constitute one of “our own.”

Our own are mostly younger precarious workers drowning in student debt, the people very whose plight inspires “no empathy” from Joe Biden.

Ahhhh, I see.

You want people to please not to mischaracterized everyone your side, by judging them by the bad actors than might exist on that side.

All the while you take the bad actors from the other side, to make broad judgements and mischaracterizations about everyone on the other side.

Gotcha

Last edited:
Ahhhh, I see.

You want people to please not to mischaracterized everyone your side, by judging them by the bad actors than might exist on that side.

All the while you take the bad actors from the other side, to make broad judgements and mischaracterizations about everyone on the other side.

Gotcha

Even with Biden’s success with a wide swath of older, black voters, Biden’s median supporter is more affluent and lives with less precarity than a median Sanders supporter. Even with Trump’s success among the “white working class” (a term we both agree is very much misused to launder Trump’s racist appeals), Trump voters were more affluent than Clinton voters.

It’s not that complicated, generally having less wealth and more precarity makes your political preferences more egalitarian. Bernie’s policies are more egalitarian than Biden’s and Biden’s policies are more egalitarian than Trump’s. The profile of arch’s median supporters reflect that.

Are there nice people that want a fairer world, who support Biden? of course there are. But Bernie’s supporters are more marginalized, on average. When folks display so much glee at Bernie losing an election it comes off as people being gleeful at marginalized people’s misfortune despite the fact that that is not the case for most people on this particular platform.

When folks say they should’ve remained a racist it sounds like meth should’ve banned them. Funny how dude’s candidate loses and the first thing he can think to do is try to bomb on black people. **** you mother******

One of the problems when you said Bernie won the “real working class” rexanglorum rexanglorum , is that you ignore people like my Dad who is a factory worker in Ohio, or my mom who is a postal service employee, and millions of other people like them, while creating this fairytale that any Biden supporter is a member of the “PMC”, as you put it, and you couldn’t be more wrong. I suggest you personally get out in these communities and see why Bernie’s message didn’t resonate with the actual real working class, instead of spewing faulty leftist theories online behind the keyboard.

I see the economics professor who currently resides in the top 10% of Americans and never had to pay for college because his parents were also professors is in here again telling us about the plight of young Bernie supporters despite never living in the working class.

One of the problems when you said Bernie won the “real working class” rexanglorum rexanglorum , is that you ignore people like my Dad who is a factory worker in Ohio, or my mom who is a postal service employee, and millions of other people like them, while creating this fairytale that any Biden supporter is a member of the “PMC”, as you put it, and you couldn’t be more wrong. I suggest you personally get out in these communities and see why Bernie’s message didn’t resonate with the actual real working class, instead of spewing faulty leftist theories online behind the keyboard.

Yeah but those are older working class voters. He is talking very specifically about the younger working class voters because those boomer working class voters who voted for Biden don’t know what’s best for them

St. Charles County. About 40 mins outside of STL.
I was out there like ten years ago watching a Pacquiao fight at a bar. I think the street had cobblestones or something. Good time, though I think people were allowed to smoke cigarettes in there, which was not the greatest.

shannonsharpe_thataintnoproblem.gif
tenor (7).gif

Back
Top Bottom