***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Why are you lying so much and so brazenly, dude?

There are statistics and anecdotal stories throughout this thread that prove otherwise. Americans travel to Mexico for dental care and to Canada for insulin. That's quite a big deal.

Are they using their insurance?

Do you even know what the discussion is about?

Trump and the GOP tried to push through an ACA repeal in 2017. John McCain stopped it.

You're forgetting that Delk?

Trump doesn't have a plan to make the situation better. He has plan to make it worse, he already tried it and got blocked by a Republican.

Plus he is trying to end the ACA through the courts too.

Try again troll

You said "Trump's" so I got confused.

All caught up.

Nope, not at all. I also support de-regulation generally and I am pro-life to name a few other issues supported by this administration.

And I respect your choice. When the Dems don't win all three you will be here with egg on your face.

And we will have another situation of great ideas that can't get passed because of congressional grid-lock... woo hoo.
The GOP engage in widespread voter suppression of mainly African American and partisan gerrymandering.

Biden will get more votes than Trump easily this fall

More people agree with me than you. So there will be no egg on my face if the Dems can't pull it off. The system is rigged against true democracy and the Dems. It is a uphill battle.

Plus have a Dem president would bring about a lot of benefits. Like undoing Trump's executive order, stopping the appointment of conservatives judges, no more kids in cages. So I will just fight on to the next election.

Simple

Then I think it's fair to criticize the GOP regarding what they say they will do and what they actually do. They've had 12 years to come up with a better healthcare solution, and we don't even have concrete ideas from them. I don't think it's unreasonable to be skeptical that they will continue to churn out criminal justice reform.

Speaking from personal experience, I strongly disagree that being insured vs being uninsured isn't as great of a deal. Someone close to me would have had a life threatening illness had they not had basic preventive coverage from their health insurance.

I'm sorry to hear that.

In that situation the person could probably afford the copay or deductible.

My point was that insurance isn't a cure-all for people with no money. A high deductible and co-pay sometimes keeps it cost-prohibitive for many.

Amy Klobuchar declined to prosecute officer at center of George Floyd's death after previous conduct complaints

I'm sorry to hear that.

In that situation the person could probably afford the copay or deductible.

My point was that insurance isn't a cure-all for people with no money. A high deductible and co-pay sometimes keeps it cost-prohibitive for many.
No, they couldn't. It was fortunately just being aware of the situation and making lifestyle choices that could reduce the changes of it becoming severe.

I agree with the last point, but I think many would be grateful for at least having the option instead of being denied for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure how Trump's high level plan will help people that don't have money.

Delk :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1B188763-79C9-4E3F-9452-6454A7A56E29.png

I watched that game 3 ECF comeback game against the Nets from 2002 last night so it's funny seeing Tony Delk two nights in a row :lol:

Last edited:
Are they using their insurance?

Do you even know what the discussion is about?
I'll return the question to you because it seems that your understanding of healthcare access is "there is an emergency room available and people can go there if they feel like it."

Do you know what healthcare entails? Most of it happens outside of the ER: it's preventative care, it's care related to ills that diminish the quality of life without being life-threatening, it's reproductive care, etc... A lot of it is prohibitively expensive without health insurance and consequently unaccessible to the uninsured (which is why they are going to places where they can get those services performed for much less than what it costs here without insurance).
Equating healthcare access to ER access is like saying driving a car with a donut is just as good as driving it with the correct tire. The ER is designed to patch you up, not cure you.

I'll return the question to you because it seems that your understanding of healthcare access is "there is an emergency room available and people can go there if they feel like it."

Do you know what healthcare entails? Most of it happens outside of the ER: it's preventative care, it's care related to ills that diminish the quality of life without being life-threatening, it's reproductive care, etc... A lot of it is prohibitively expensive without health insurance and consequently unaccessible to the uninsured (which is why they are going to places where they can get those services performed for much less than what it costs here without insurance).
Equating healthcare access to ER access is like saying driving a car with a donut is just as good as driving it with the correct tire. The ER is designed to patch you up, not cure you.

That's not what I did. But your response is telling.

A lot of healthcare is cost prohibitive WITH insurance.

There are high deductible plans. And copays that make it that way.

If you are broke... and your deductible is 5k, what do you do?

Hint: the same thing you would do if you didn't have insurance.

I remember I thought Joseph Forte was gonna be a star in the league :lol:
I'm glad Pierce & Walker both ended up with a ring years later.

In 2002, it looked like Lakers-Celtics finals would happen through out the mid 2000’s but Shaq-Kobe wouldn’t last much longer and Pierce-Walker had also reached their high point as well. We’d have to wait, of course, for Kobe-Gasol and Pierce-Garnet to come together.

Back
Top Bottom