***Official Political Discussion Thread***

He ShOuLd Do BeTtEr WiTh HiS tWeEtS.

Propaganda is a helluva drug
6F8A66E0-A68F-4A24-A7A9-71B462F21C60.jpeg

05D3AAC0-FACE-44A6-8F0B-C5A10EC30E0E.jpeg

Americans are upset at yet another seneseless murder of an African American at the hands of a police officer as we are also trying to deal with a mother****ing global pandemic that has taken the lives of over 100,000 Americans due the president’s gross negligence....and he is complaining about Twitter censoring his tweets and calling for their regulation?

1590757972272.gif

There really isn’t a punishment or torture fitting enough for this man. God is gonna have to crowdsource this one to come up with something special

And with one tweet from Donald Trump dwalk31 dwalk31 transitioned to the Susan Collins of this thread

"Troubled" "Disheartened" "Concerned" "Worried"

I acknowledged that it was indefensible.

I didn't call it a "gaffe" (like some do with others);
I didn't say "it's not that serious" (like some do with others); and
I didn't say "but look at what xyz has said" (like some do with others).

I acknowledged that it was something I am against. I acknowledged it was problematic. Period.

I acknowledged that it was indefensible.

I didn't call it a "gaffe" (like some do with others);
I didn't say "it's not that serious" (like some do with others); and
I didn't say "but look at what xyz has said" (like some do with others).

I acknowledged that it was something I am against. I acknowledged it was problematic. Period.

Exactly. You acknowledged it was problematic and are going to vote for the dude with pride anyways. The full transition to Susan Collins is complete. "I am deeply troubled by Donald Trumps actions, but hopefully he will learn from this experience."

Dude is who he ****ing is.

How many times can dude admit his tweets were "problematic" before just saying Trump is a piece of garbarge?

he's been reminded numerous times about trump's known 50 years and counting of being a racist..

and..

yet...

I disagree that Trump is a racist, so the rest of what you said doesn't follow.
If you think trump is a racist then don't vote for him.

But I don't think he is
And I don't think he is a racist.

And if someone feels that he is, then they should not vote for him.

again, as a non-american i wont be voting for anyone in that country

even though the stupidity of whomever is in office has an affect on me and the rest of the world

I'm not sure I really understand Trump's endgame here. Democrats want 230 to apply to Facebook and Twitter to stop the spread of false information. How is this really helping Trump?

Gateway to having Facebook and twitter treated like traditional public forums.

Freedom of speech play. If you wanted to shout false or misleading information on a public sidewalk, you could. Same concept.

again, as a non-american i wont be voting for anyone in that country

even though the stupidity of whomever is in office has an affect on me and the rest of the world

I didn't mention you voting. I said someone. That is a broad term.

Since you cannot vote in the US election, it does not apply to you.

Gateway to having Facebook and twitter treated like traditional public forums.

Freedom of speech play. If you wanted to shout false or misleading information on a public sidewalk, you could. Same concept.

But wouldn't this lead to it being more regulated so false information gets policed? I admittedly don't know enough about the legal side of it to know how it would be more free than it currently is now. People are pretty much free to post whatever the **** they like. ****, Trump has been posting conspiracy theories for the last two weeks without any proof.

If all these companies are held to the same standard as journalists, wouldn't they have to regulate more so they dont get sued for libel or defamation?

I didn't mention you voting. I said someone. That is a broad term.

Since you cannot vote in the US election, it does not apply to you.

you quoted me

i am also not the only non-american on the message board

or even within the thread

where is my recourse (and the other non-americans) if i believe the 50 years of known evidence against that fool?

because his actions affect us too

But wouldn't this lead to it being more regulated so false information gets policed? I admittedly don't know enough about the legal side of it to know how it would be more free than it currently is now. People are pretty much free to post whatever the **** they like. ****, Trump has been posting conspiracy theories for the last two weeks without any proof.

The difference is that in public forums you can discuss conspiracy theories, false information, or anything else.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the theory of a flat earth is complete and utter nonsense.

Should Twitter be able to remove all posts that suggest the earth is flat?

That is a viewpoint or content based restriction on speech. And since Facebook and Twitter are so massive, the argument is that they are more like traditional public forums where you should be able to have the strongest first amendment protections.

Apparently twitter has been adding fact checkers, censoring posts, etc. There is a valid argument that is an unconstitutional restriction on speech considering how massive the platform is.

you quoted me

i am also not the only non-american on the message board

or even within the thread

where is my recourse (and the other non-americans) if i believe the 50 years of known evidence against that fool?

because his actions affect us too

You can complain about it on NT, I guess.

Write your country's leader.

Protest.

Those are the traditional routes that I've seen taken.

Back
Top Bottom