***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You guys just need to realize this. Dwalk knows a lot of **** trump and them do is wrong and vile and ****** up, and there are things that are important to him (he is not a single issue voter). The thing is out of everything that’s important to him 95% of that is money. So money is his main motivator. He will, without a sigh, defend almost anything trump does as long as he is getting more take home $$$. That’s it. He knows it’s wrong but still has to find some twisted way to justify something to maybe make him feel better about himself and his disgusting greed.

You said the vast majority of federal judges do not buy the DOJ's argument. Perhaps, because of that majority, he doesn't feel public admonishment is necessary.

He also is not publicly supporting the DOJs interpretation despite being outspoken generally.

I understand your reluctance to give benefit of the doubt, but if he didn't want the law to work--and supports it being undermined--there was no point in signing it into law.
Regarding your argument at the bottom, there’s plenty of reasons for him to sign it regardless.

Signing it granted him significant political capital shortly before the midterms and for his re-election campaign.

His silence on the undermining of the FSA flows naturally from the fact he didn’t say a word when the GOP stonewalled the bill for 2 years.
I don’t know if he really has a defined view the FSA, the pattern of behavior suggests he just doesn’t care about the law itself, focusing instead on the political boost.

Last edited:
Regarding your argument at the bottom, there’s plenty of reasons for him to sign it regardless.

Signing it granted him significant political capital shortly before the midterms and for his re-election campaign.

His silence on the undermining of the FSA flows naturally from the fact he didn’t say a word when the GOP stonewalled the bill for 2 years.

But the same incentive to sign it would follow for wanting it to work (as intended) for this upcoming election.

Your argument is he cares about the black vote, so he does things to get it--I agree.

So, by that logic, he would want it to work (as intended) for political capital before November.

Right?

Always remarkable how some anonymous person on the internet can unilaterally erase me being a black man in America just because they disagree with certain opinions I have on politics.

Perhaps with more life experience you’ll realize black people aren’t a monolith.
I'm sure I've been on this earth longer than you.
I stopped being a black white supremacist a long time ago.

This is her quote he was going to read befoe they cut the mic

“I would never point my firearm at anyone, including an officer of the law, unless they pointed their firearm at me. Once you point your firearm at me, I’m sorry, then it becomes self-defense. Whether you’re a stranger, a bad guy, or an officer..."

dwalk31 dwalk31 , I realize you're in multiple conversations, but I just had some general questions.

Is there anything Trump could say/do that would make you support Biden in the 2020 election? Is there anything Biden could do that would make you support him? I think you've said if Biden picked a black VP you'd consider supporting him.

dwalk31 dwalk31 , I realize you're in multiple conversations, but I just had some general questions.

Is there anything Trump could say/do that would make you support Biden in the 2020 election? Is there anything Biden could do that would make you support him? I think you've said if Biden picked a black VP you'd consider supporting him.

To answer your first question:

A tape of Trump using the N word like the grab 'em tape leaking.

Or any other tape leaking of him saying something that I find unequivocally racist. Like as it relates to the rental properties some tape of him saying "we don't want to rent to black people," etc.

To answer your second question:

Biden picking a black VP
And Biden seriously pushing reparations for black people would make me consider him over Trump as well.

So the multiple first hand accounts of people saying he uses it are not enough? You need an actual video tape of it? Is that really going to surprise you?

Yes, it would change my vote.

It would surprise me about as much as a tape of Biden saying the same.

Yes, it would change my vote.

It would surprise me about as much as a tape of Biden saying the same.

Do you think that Trump committed sexual assault despite admitting to it on tape? If no, how would the infamous Apprentice tape really move the needle for you?

But the same incentive to sign it would follow for wanting it to work (as intended) for this upcoming election.

Your argument is he cares about the black vote, so he does things to get it--I agree.

So, by that logic, he would want it to work (as intended) for political capital before November.

Right?
Not necessarily. Trump often takes credit on an issue and subsequently ignores what happens afterwards. Applying logic to Trump is a hard thing to do because his behavior is often devoid of any logic.

You don't hear congressional Republicans raising the issue of DOJ's impeding of the FSA either, at least not anymore since the very muted critique from a couple Republicans early on. It seems like a rather niche issue that is largely unknown or irrelevant to the electorate. Even the Republican co-sponsors of the bill evidently don't care about its implementation.

The calculation appears to be that it's best not to bring attention to the issue at all. After all, in order to fix the problem there would need to be a concession that his administration has been impeding the FSA from the outset.

Last edited:
You can only be racist if you use the N word publicly

full

Not necessarily. Trump often takes credit on an issue and subsequently ignores what happens afterwards. Applying logic to Trump is a hard thing to do because his behavior is often devoid of any logic.

You don't hear congressional Republicans raising the issue of DOJ's impeding of the FSA either, at least not anymore since the very muted critique from a couple Republicans early on. It seems like a rather niche issue that is largely unknown or irrelevant to the electorate. Even the Republican co-sponsors of the bill evidently don't care about its implementation.

Well, you want to apply logic to him signing it, and then ignore the same logic as it relates to him ensuring its success because "applying logic to Trump is a hard thing to do."

Can't really have it both ways.

It is without doubt that Trump will campaign on the FSA and critics will speak to the issues you've mentioned.

I don't think it is something that will be swept under the rug. But I think the argument is that the judges have ensured that the law he signed works as intended.

Back
Top Bottom