***Official Political Discussion Thread***

One point.

I remember not too long ago, some Trumpster Diver actually had the gall to send me a link from some obscure website (PragerU I believe it was called) claiming that the Southern Strategy was a myth. When I asked how can the Conservative party of today consider themselves to be party of Lincoln when they are the ones championing the Rebel flags (even at Trump rallies) and doing the most to preserve monuments honoring Confederate generals, he double downed on the concept of the two parties switching ideologies, and said that even Candace Owens said it was a myth.

I think that if the Democratic Partytoday “owns” the legacy of slavery and the Confederacy, then Democrats have the right to take down “their” confederate statues. Whether it’s Democratic mayors or groups of protestors acting on their own, Republicans should not care that Democrats are taking down statues of past Democrats.

man i wish i had a costco closer than 25 min away, and i wish they could sell liquor in PA.

I really don’t understand people’s obsession with that dip****
White identity politics. Dude has the most white supremacist show on Fox. And he hides it way better than Glen Beck did.

Political parties double down on a strategy before they decide to change. If Biden wins, you will see a ton of dudes running the Trump racism playbook in 2024.

White identity politics. Dude has the most white supremacist show on Fox. And he hides it way better than Glen Beck did.

Political parties double down on a strategy before they decide to change. If Biden wins, you will see a ton of dudes running the Trump racism playbook in 2024.
And let's remember that there are more non-white children in the US today than white, which means that racial rhetoric will only intensify, especially among those who drew special status - real or perceived - from the color of their skin.

I know that we have a tendency to look inwards when we discuss American politics, but it is important to remember that the phenomenon of Trump as a reaction to Obama and the rise of white power movements in the country is common in ALL societies in which power is divided along ethnic/tribal/racial lines.

Tucker being a candidate after Biden and being nominated would not surprise me one bit. I would only worry if the Republican party keeps its numbers as high as they are right now.

1593739599397.jpeg

One of the most ironic things about republicans celebrating 4 million jobs added (aside from the fact most of those jobs are people returning from temporary layoffs) is that the country lost 30mil+ jobs during Covid. Celebrating 4mil jobs added after losing more than 30mil is like being happy you won $200 on a poker hand when you're down $5k.

One of the most ironic things about republicans celebrating 4 million jobs added (aside from the fact most of those jobs are people returning from temporary layoffs) is that the country lost 30mil+ jobs during Covid. Celebrating 4mil jobs added after losing more than 30mil is like being happy you won $200 on a poker hand when you're down $5k.

Not to mention the weekly report of unemployment claims this week showed 30M continuing filers. The total labor force was 164M in February. It’s hard to take this months 11% unemployment rate seriously considering continuing claims have been pretty steady over the last month

Tucker is a contradiction of everything he stands for. He claims to be fighting against the "elites" of America when he himself is one of them. He gets paid millions to babble on tv and his stepmother is the heiress to Swanson microwave dinners. His family is rich AF but he convinces Billy Bob in his mobile home that he's an "every man" just like him

Tucker is a contradiction of everything he stands for. He claims to be fighting against the "elites" of America when he himself is one of them. He gets paid millions to babble on tv and his stepmother is the heiress to Swanson microwave dinners. His family is rich AF but he convinces Billy Bob in his mobile home that he's an "every man" just like him
Yeah he is just playing a role. It may not match what he believes, or he may not believe in anything at all. He's an entertainer.

That's most of the Republican party in a nutshell right now. Look at Trump.

Yeah he is just playing a role. It may not match what he believes, or he may not believe in anything at all. He's an entertainer.

During the Bush years and early in the Obama years, conservatives pundits presented themselves as every men shooting from the hip. We had O'Reilly doing his Irish cop from the 1950's schtick and then we got the pure schmaltz of Glenn Beck. In Obama's second term, a lot of conservatives gained an appreciation for elite education and professions like Lawyer and Judge. They figured that they could run the country through the minoritarian institutions like the Senate, the Courts and maybe even have a State's driven Constitutional convention. Moreover, many conservatives decided that they should match the intellectual prowess of their opponents, especially Obama.

Conservatives have increasingly decided to take on the affect of the gentleman-scholar and to fill that void is Ben Shapiro, Breitbart and the umpteenth version of Tucker Carlson. Tucker is the best at navigating the "facts and logic" while still providing red meat and doing so all at once. The early bet for 2024 GOP nominee is Tom Cotton but Tucker could easily beat Cotton at the game of who is the most scholarly sounding racist.

During the Bush years and early in the Obama years, conservatives pundits presented themselves as every men shooting from the hip. We had O'Reilly doing his Irish cop from the 1950's schtick and then we got the pure schmaltz of Glenn Beck. In Obama's second term, a lot of conservatives gained an appreciation for elite education and professions like Lawyer and Judge. They figured that they could run the country through the minoritarian institutions like the Senate, the Courts and maybe even have a State's driven Constitutional convention. Moreover, many conservatives decided that they should match the intellectual prowess of their opponents, especially Obama.

Conservatives have increasingly decided to take on the affect of the gentleman-scholar and to fill that void is Ben Shapiro, Breitbart and the umpteenth version of Tucker Carlson. Tucker is the best at navigating the "facts and logic" while still providing red meat and doing so all at once. The early bet for 2024 GOP nominee is Tom Cotton but Tucker could easily beat Cotton at the game of who is the most scholarly sounding racist.

In 2024, Candace Owens and Terrence Williams are gonna pick Cotton, how all their conservative fans were dreaming of.

ok, yes, sure, but why the punchable face?

Back
Top Bottom