***Official Political Discussion Thread***

siytcnv0f1951.jpg

Our other epidemic...

dwalk31 dwalk31 , with the news that Trump regrets supporting criminal justice reform, and Trump wasting a huge portion of his time doing nothing, when should we expect the Second Step Act? If I remember correctly, you said there's no reason to believe it won't happen, but it seems like we have quite a few reasons to believe it won't happen.

Conservatives say the Federal government should not be strong, they claim George Washington. They say that the modern day Democratic Part is a legacy of slave owners, they claim Thomas Jefferson. They say that Lincoln shouldn’t have prosecuted the civil war, they claim Lincoln. They say that America’s downfall started with progressivism and its belief that the constitution should be amended and reinterpreted in order to keep pace with changing material realities, conservatives also claim Teddy Roosevelt.

It’s almost as if conservatism is an incoherent mess of cultural signifiers combined with a clear desire to maintain and reinforce hierarchies.

Conservatives say the Federal government should not be strong, they claim George Washington. They say that the modern day Democratic Part is a legacy of slave owners, they claim Thomas Jefferson. They say that Lincoln shouldn’t have prosecuted the civil war, they claim Lincoln. They say that America’s downfall started with progressivism and its belief that the constitution should be amended and reinterpreted in order to keep pace with changing material realities, conservatives also claim Teddy Roosevelt.

It’s almost as if conservatism is an incoherent mess of cultural signifiers combined with a clear desire to maintain and reinforce hierarchies.
Modern conservatives are simply a continuation of King George III's attempt to subjugate the American colonies.

Re: that video of the cute couple helping the BLM movement By painting the yellow letters black. We need more like them. How stupid of the city to use yellow paint to represent blacks. Perhaps the city councilman is an Asian gentleman? It should have always been written in black. Thanks MAGA couple. Doing more for blacks than Abe Lincoln

Re: that video of the cute couple helping the BLM movement By painting the yellow letters black. We need more like them. How stupid of the city to use yellow paint to represent blacks. Perhaps the city councilman is an Asian gentleman? It should have always been written in black. Thanks MAGA couple. Doing more for blacks than Abe Lincoln
This reminds me of that video Trump tweeted of that MAGA guy helping the black guy whose car was stuck in the snow but libbies edited the video to make it look like he's trying to kick him out of his neighborhood.

I hope President Trump retweets your post!

dwalk31 dwalk31 , with the news that Trump regrets supporting criminal justice reform, and Trump wasting a huge portion of his time doing nothing, when should we expect the Second Step Act? If I remember correctly, you said there's no reason to believe it won't happen, but it seems like we have quite a few reasons to believe it won't happen.

This is directly from the White House. I have not read that this position is no longer accurate for Trump or the administration. If the administration alters it’s stance, then I think it’ll be a different convo. But that hasn’t happened.

This is directly from the White House. I have not read that this position is no longer accurate for Trump or the administration. If the administration alters it’s stance, then I think it’ll be a different convo. But that hasn’t happened.

A3480241-DDE5-49DD-821B-947947A50896.jpeg

Considering the number of times he has told the opposite of the truth, I'm not sure how we can really rely on what the White House is saying, and that was only part of what I said. Trump has now spent an entire year at his properties during his presidency. There have been multiple reports that he spends much of his time watching television. When should we expect the Second Step Act? The guy could cruise to a second term if he took coronavirus seriously and started talking about solutions to police brutality and criminal justice.

Back
Top Bottom