***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I saw Cori Bush and Brittany Cooper on Ari Melber’s show today, and they said what a lot people have been saying on here. Basically, you can support Democratic general election candidates and demand better and not just better than the status quo but demand something better than the relatively progressive Democratic platform.

Another thing they pointed out is that presidential nominations and elections are relatively conservative and are a lagging indicator relative to where a Party is and where the country is.

So to my fellow leftists on here, let’s keep the pressure up everywhere and all the time, nationally and locally and on the state as well as private capital.

Imagine sucking a politicians **** so hard that you boycott everything/everyone that doesn't support him. These MAGAs had to "boycott" NBA, NFL, MLB, musicians, actors, cities, food brands, clothing lines, websites, TV channels, etc. You gotta be a real goofy to let politics control your life so much.

Before 1990, a lot of country music had left/populist views. It was the authentic expression, for better or for worst the rural working class.

After about 1990, country music has increasingly become the sound track for the most reactionary elements of the petite Bourgeoisie and white PMC in the South, tge West and rural and exurban parts of the Midwest.

Dolly Parton is obviously part of that pre 1990 traditional.

Before 1990, a lot of country music had left/populist views. It was the authentic expression, for better or for worst the rural working class.

After about 1990, country music has increasingly become the sound track for the most reactionary elements of the petite Bourgeoisie and white PMC in the South, tge West and rural and exurban parts of the Midwest.

Dolly Parton is obviously part of that pre 1990 traditional.

I just find it really dumb that people will stop liking something they messed with for their entire life because of politics. If Al Pacino came out and said he loves Trump I'd be like "smh what a clown" but I wouldn't go my entire life never watching The Godfather bc of it. these people are so quick to drop something off politics.

Trump not supporting the NFL because they kneel but he can also Financially afford to do millions of things with his time while his supporters boycott sports to watch Everybody Loves Raymond reruns while MNF is on

I just find it really dumb that people will stop liking something they messed with for their entire life because of politics. If Al Pacino came out and said he loves Trump I'd be like "smh what a clown" but I wouldn't go my entire life never watching The Godfather bc of it. these people are so quick to drop something off politics.

Trump not supporting the NFL because they kneel but he can also Financially afford to do millions of things with his time while his supporters boycott sports to watch Everybody Loves Raymond reruns while MNF is on

Imagine if you were a big Dolly Parton fan went to her concerts and your wedding song was "Islands in the Stream", and now all of a sudden you have to choose between your hatred of black people and equality versus your love of Dolly Parton.

Wild times.

Imagine if you were a big Dolly Parton fan went to her concerts and your wedding song was "Islands in the Stream", and now all of a sudden you have to choose between your hatred of black people and equality versus your love of Dolly Parton.

Wild times.

I couldn't imagine in 30 years finding out that Kendrick Lamar supports a political stance that I don't and being like "well damn the lifetime I spent listening to his music! I support the politicians that don't even know I exist more than I appreciate my own personal memories!!"

Dismissing your personal journey in life to own the libs

Kanye West doesn't care about black people

loop this **** out

206E928A-2A6E-4B27-A8E6-20853B91EDD8.gif

come January the economy or rona crisis is gonna take the forefront and civil rights reform going on the backburner once again.
wait a sec....

what has Trump done to put civil rights reform on the front burner?

can you link to his policies?

Because from the housing discrimination he's actually a proponent of along with ignoring the entire reason for nationwide protests...
Even previous republican candidates would have been better towards civil rights...

what is trump doing for civil rights that biden wouldnt?

That seems like a light version of whats on the site, but seem like revisions of his former legislation. Makes him a perfect candidate to undo all his bad karma before he up outta here if he follows through. I'll respond once I go through it.

I’ll be the first to say that Biden’s platform prior to working with Warren pretty much sucked, but at this point it’s basically the same as what Warren was running. He has quietly gone pretty far left in a good way. The only thing he hasn’t really adjusted was his stance on M4A and that’s largely due to him not believing he can get 60 votes in the Senate for it.

But when you are done will you post Trump’s second term plan from his campaign site?

Back
Top Bottom