***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1598364640237.png

dwalk31 dwalk31
Hoping to get my question buried in comments to skip over it and post another GOP convention hot take?
A

As a body with the ability to make laws, what does the GOP plan to propose or implement to penalize bad police behavior and disincentivize police brutality?

I am not sure what you mean by the GOP, but there are currently federal investigations for the George Floyd and Breonna Taylor killings.

If you recall, Trump requested the federal investigation of the George Floyd murder.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

So Trump can request the DOJ investigation of those murders, but he can't request the DOJ stop undermining the First Step Act.

Yesterday the DOJ were independent, today they are acting under this direction.

You got no shame in your butter biscuit game, do you Delk :lol:

Last edited:
Incidentally, the Guo Wengui is also the person who owned the yacht Steve Bannon was recently arrested on. WSJ reports that federal prosecutors are investigating a fundraising organization tied to Wengui and Bannon that raised $300m from "private offerings."
Numerous banks have frozen the company's funds.
Broidy himself is not just under federal criminal investigation but also under criminal investigation in Ukraine for his dealings with the Russian VTB Bank. Additionally, Broidy was named but uncharged in a previous federal indictment as the recipient of laundered money from the 1MDB scandal, and pleaded guilty in 2009 to bribery involving a pension fund.

A

As a body with the ability to make laws, what does the GOP plan to propose or implement to penalize bad police behavior and disincentivize police brutality?

As an initial matter, defending the GOP as a whole has never been my focus or agenda.

But the JUSTICE Act was proposed by Tim Scott, if you recall.

Hopefully my direct answer doesn't get lost amongst other posts of gifs and memes gry60 gry60

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

So Trump can request the DOJ investigation of those murders, but he can't request the DOJ stop undermining the First Step Act.

Yesterday the DOJ were independent, today they are acting under this direction.

You got no shame in your butter biscuit game, do you Delk :lol:

DOJ is still independent. That is why it was just a request.

And, as another poster stated, they did it prior to his request.

Google it then.

Based on my search he openly supports the First Step Act, so the DOJ is undermining him by trying to undermine it.

No results on if he has requested them to stop, but there is no reason to believe he hasn't.

As stated, the DOJ is independent. Here's a good article discussing the issue.

Why are bureaucrats undermining the president on criminal justice?

Based on my search he openly supports the First Step Act, so the DOJ is undermining him by trying to undermine it.

No results on if he has requested them to stop, but there is no reason to believe he hasn't.

As stated, the DOJ is independent. Here's a good article discussing the issue.

Why are bureaucrats undermining the president on criminal justice?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Look at this mane. Look at this.

There is no proof, but let us believe it anyway.

So the man who on the daily voices his displeasure at anything that upsets him, who spent damn near the first two years of his Presidency calling out the DOJ and FBI on the regular over the Mueller investigation, who demands loyalty, who is supposedly so proud of the First Step Act, somehow is keeping his displeasure of the DOJ private. :lol:

Of course there is reason to believe he hasn't done ****. Your position is basically we should believe Trump has done something even though there is no evidence of him doing it, and him keeping his displeasure private, to the point there wasn't even a leak to the media, would go against his past behavior.

Delk, c'mon now, have some god damn self respect.

Yes there are negatives to Trump. His actions, tweets and rhetoric have all been problematic.

I’ve conceded these negatives plenty of times.

Acknowledging is not ignoring.
When you have the chance to prop up what you consider positives, you're more than capable of listing specific examples. When it comes to talking about the negatives you don't want to mention anything.

You care so much that you're making zero effort to enlighten and learn? Do you really think people are that stupid? This is why you don't want people to question your motives.

Back
Top Bottom