***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The idea is that the Democrats would be forced to choose a more progressive candidate for the top of the ticket.
And how, exactly, are you going to accomplish that by not voting in the Democratic primary? Blindly hope that primary voters will choose the progressive candidate you purportedly want, yet refuse to directly support?

You realize you are asking for evidence that he did something while you have provided no evidence that he didn't?
Why would trump sign a piece of legislation that he wanted undermined?

From the press release issued by the Trump campaign in lieu of an actual policy agenda or party platform:

DEFEND OUR POLICE
  • Fully Fund and Hire More Police and Law Enforcement Officers
  • Increase Criminal Penalties for Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
  • Prosecute Drive-By Shootings as Acts of Domestic Terrorism
  • Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
  • End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial

The Senate majority is in play. Our votes will determine which criminal justice reforms - if any - are adopted in the coming years.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris oppose cash bail, the death penalty, mandatory minimum sentencing, and private prisons.

Someone who describes Black Lives Matter as a "symbol of hate" is obviously not going to champion the movement's goals. To pretend otherwise beggars belief.
If the Republican agenda stands against your stated values on criminal justice reform - and it plainly does - then continued support for Donald Trump serves as an admission that this is not truly a top priority for you.

I don't accept your argument but I'll put it this way.

What does it tell you that Trump hasn't said one word about DOJ's undermining of the FSA while very publicly engaging in the activities listed below?
-Demanded favorable treatment for Roger Stone, convicted for 7 felonies he committed in service of Trump. The Senate Intel Committee's refutes Trump's sworn testimony to Mueller about his conversations with Stone, and Stone said he wouldn't turn on Trump while awaiting his eventual pardon.

-Praised Manafort for refusing to cooperate with DOJ, unlike "rat" Michael Cohen, and said a pardon was still on the table after Manafort pleaded guilty to a whole array of felonies and conspiring to obstruct the Mueller investigation in coordination with Russian intelligence.

-Suggested that 'flipping' should be outlawed

I already agreed that it is a fair argument that he has been outspoken about other things but not about this as evidence that he is okay with it.

I just provided an alternative view. Which I think shows that he is against them undermining the legislation he touts as a big win on criminal justice reform.

Cliffs on the sandman speech?
Sandmannnnnn dropped bars. He told us his heartbreaking story of how he went to DC to yell at women for wanting control over their own bodies. Then he found himself face-to-face with the evil, professional protestor, a Native American beating a drum.

He felt scared but remembered something his family friend told him, which is, "Don't do anything to embarrass your family."

He lectured us about the dangers of cancel culture and how the evil media made him out to be the bad guy without trying to figure out why he was smirking . He said the media has been most unfair to Donald Trump, so he hopes everybody will vote for him this year.

Then he ended the speech by putting on his MAGA hat.

I'd say this will be remembered with the Gettysburg address and Trump's inauguration as the greatest 3 speeches in American history.

:stoneface:

b2341672ca6d679d75270ce92817325c.png

b5c44f8493e703e525b98fd2e8eab133.png

Another day another violation of the law with complete impunity

As Kellyanne Conway sarcastically put it in response to her countless Hatch Act violations: “Blah blah blah”, “let me know when the jail sentence starts”

Melania telling us about how she became a citizen:

"I came here, I did paperwork, and I studied for the exam, and I became a citizen."

YEAH **** YOU *****. NOT ALL IMMIGRANTS ARE SUCH EMPTY SOULS THAT WE ***** OURSELVES TO A ****-FACED OBESE MAN TO BECOME CITIZENS.

Back
Top Bottom