***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Joined Jul 20, 2012
I feel like ABC News is somewhat decent (from what I remember), but I often just get my news from Twitter/outlets like the Washington Post instead of cable news. Punditry is nauseating, and treats life or death situations as entertainment. It's not good for the purpose of informing viewers, and it just exacerbates the "team sport" viewpoint of politics that a lot of Americans subscribe to, unfortunately.

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
If Americans just watched PBS Newshour for their news, the country would be way better off.

I remember reading an paper a while back and their guessed that Fox News's popularity probably has the country 8 points more conservative that it would otherwise be, this was on the 2008 election. I can only imagine what effect Facebook and Youtube has had on folk.

Joined Dec 14, 2004
If every American watched PBS for their news, just that little change, the country would be way better off.

So as peeped the sole I knew something was off.

The fact that Hahahaha Hahahaha let this slide shows his commitment to let **** slide in order to focus on the real enemy, Trump.

But if Kamala is sworn in, in January, she gonna have to get to a DTLR and get herself right.
Not saying anything negative about a mixed woman or someone going against Trump.

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
I know someone who's a MAGA supporter and told me a vaccine will be here by end of year. I was like bruh stop :lol: These clowns believe anything.
My girl had a big Zoom call with her family to know everyone doing. They have this call weekly.

Politics talk popped off.

One of her uncles said the Dems are sabotaging the vaccine to hurt Trump's reelection chances.

Some instantly said "Aren't you anti-vaccine". Dude gave a roundabout answer that was pretty much admitting he is in fact anti-vaccine

So everyone starting asking, if he thought vaccine are good now, or are they still bad.

Mans just disconnected from the call :lol: :rofl:

These Trump supporters are a ****ing trip

Joined Aug 24, 2017
My girl had a big Zoom call with her family to know everyone doing. They have this call weekly.

One of her uncles said the Dems are sabotaging the vaccine to hurt Trump's reelection chances.

Some instantly said "Aren't you anti-vaccine". Dude gave a roundabout answer that was pretty much admitting he is in fact anti-vaccine

So everyone starting asking, if he thought vaccine are good now, or are they still bad.

Yup that's how it usually goes. Same dude said the economy and society will return to normal soon when the vaccine drops. I was like aren't most MAGAs anti-vax? How is a vaccine nobody gonna take supposed to help? He stuttered a few times and gave a dumb answer that I dismissed.

aepps20

Supporter
Joined Feb 8, 2004

Dude should of just named himself "reconnecting " on the zoom call and not said anything

Belgium

formerly colombia
Joined Jan 12, 2013
I know someone who's a MAGA supporter and told me a vaccine will be here by end of year. I was like bruh stop :lol: These clowns believe anything.
If I recall correctly, Fauci initially gave a timeframe of about 18 months, but that's only if everything goes well while also expediting the procedure.
As if often the case with Trump lying about the actual timeframe expectations, those lies can quickly be dispelled by paying the slightest bit of attention to the scientific experts or even mere common sense.

It's worth noting that the timeframe the CDC Director provided in his testimony is also based on everything going well during an expedited process. The unanimous view so far as that preliminary findings have looked very promising but a lot can change in the remainder of the process

Joined Jun 9, 2020
I feel like ABC News is somewhat decent (from what I remember), but I often just get my news from Twitter/outlets like the Washington Post instead of cable news. Punditry is nauseating, and treats life or death situations as entertainment. It's not good for the purpose of informing viewers, and it just exacerbates the "team sport" viewpoint of politics that a lot of Americans subscribe to, unfortunately.
the 2 party system and political football have, unsurprisingly, become a race to the bottom. individual greed in becoming an elected official outweighed the individual desire to promote change for all. public office just seems like an avenue for people to further self interests.

make public officials divest themselves and their nuclear family of public and private holdings, put em in a salary-only position, and let's see who runs for office and how the policy changes for corporate america pan out.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now