***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Joined Jul 20, 2012
I thought you would be turned away if you wore anything political to a voting booth? The last few elections I participated in, they wouldn't even let people near the locations if they showed a political preference, let alone *that* scene above. Rules don't apply when you wear the red cap, I guess? The amount of babying that state and local officials do to satiate the lowest common denominator on every level in America is wild.

Joined Jul 19, 2012
I'm surprised the tweet hasn't blown up mainstream yet. Only article I could find on it was on a Virginia democrat page. They need to be called out/shamed/canceled.
think it’s the scale. they didn’t really impede anything from what I’ve seen so I don’t think it’s being taken seriously at this point. like you literally could just walk around them.

Joined Jan 16, 2011
think it’s the scale. they didn’t really impede anything from what I’ve seen so I don’t think it’s being taken seriously at this point. like you literally could just walk around them.
It has nothing to do with scale and everything to do with who is doing it. Remember the wall to wall coverage we received with the New Black Panther Party episode a few years back?

Joined Jul 19, 2012
It has nothing to do with scale and everything to do with who is doing it. Remember the wall to wall coverage we received with the New Black Panther Party episode a few years back?
I agree kinda but even then our local news has covered damn near every little thing Trump and Blue LM supporters have done in this state, big and small. I don’t even remember what you’re talking about wholetime, so not sure wall to wall coverage is the proper phrase.

I think once it’s less isolated it’ll def get major coverage. But for now it’s literally a case of “just walk around them”. Horrible precedent obviously but again they’re doing this where they think they can get away with it.

Joined Dec 13, 2018
What happened to that gentleman on here, a Sanders supporter, who thought that we should talk to racists, therefore being able to change their minds through education?

Joined Jan 16, 2011
I agree kinda but even then our local news has covered damn near every little thing Trump and Blue LM supporters have done in this state, big and small. I don’t even remember what you’re talking about wholetime, so not sure wall to wall coverage is the proper phrase.

I think once it’s less isolated it’ll def get major coverage. But for now it’s literally a case of “just walk around them”. Horrible precedent obviously but again they’re doing this where they think they can get away with it.

Joined Jul 19, 2012
legit never heard of this. the article seems to say media coverage was overblown by conservative outlets and under covered by left leaning ones.

so looks like more of the same to me. situation either overblown or under reported depending on where you look.

I do expect more of this though and likely some form of escalation depending on where you live.

Joined May 2, 2012
Isn’t this textbook voter intimidation?
Yes it is. That's illegal, and I'm surprised nobody had the common sense to call the police :smh:. Personally, I wouldn't give a ****, I'd still diddy bop inside to cast my ballot. I don't give who's outside or what they're doing. At this point I think everyone who is physically able to, should vote in person, and do it early. Don't wait until election day, because we don't know what kind of tricks people have planned. The last thing you want is to find out on the day of that polling place is closed, machines aren't working etc. We need to plan this out and have contingency plans just in case.

This doesn't sound like fascism at all.

Trump supporter: But he's not using them

Why would anybody be intimated by these fools? That is sad, :smh: :smh:

Joined Jan 16, 2011
when we label someone we disagree with a communist, a fidelista or a reactionary, we only echo the intransigence of the regime we fled
I'm glad that more people in immigrants communities are starting to see the same thing. I hope those voices get louder soon too.

One more edit:

I am a Cuban American and registered Republican. I was aghast in 2016 when the GOP selected as a candidate a selfish pathological liar whose ONLY skill is to con those naive or too lazy to do research. I voted for Hillary and I will be voting for Biden
Trump has achieved nothing (economy was doing fine in 2016 and growing for 26 straight quarters in 2016 while unemeployment was already down below 5%) The only thing Trump achieved was to deepen the division we have in this country and allow the racists to add their poison to the political arena.
Cuban Americans would do well to remember the last "Caudillo" they supported in Cuba, the one that persecuted "gusanos", blamed the "Imperialismo Americano" for all our woes, the one that saw "Freedom of the Press as a threat, the one that enriched his family by diverting the country resources to his family and friends, the same one that divided Cubans families. Trump and Fidel have a lot in common, Left or Right, the path to authoritarian self serving rule is very similar
BTW Venezuelans and Nicaraguans that have as well become blinded by the demagogue. If Trump gets re-elected, what do you think it will happened to those with a TPS. Do you think his opinion of Latins is different for you that it is for Mexicans?

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now