***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Ah, but he's shown no interest in meaningful legislation like what the Democrats have passed in the House. He's instead further stoked racial tensions and emboldened violence against those protesting police brutality. What makes you think that an administration that has done nothing but attack civil rights will pass civil rights legislation to address this issue?

Democrats Unveil Sweeping Bill Targeting Police Misconduct and Racial Bias

Has Trump said he wouldn’t sign that, or similar, legislation?

And his commitment to criminal justice reform is what gives me the idea that he’d sign such legislation.

Funny the modern GOP overly supports and leans into the worst effects of the crime bill (which they themselves corrupted and manipulated to be that way) including extra police funding and for profit jails etc. But hey, let's not hold them accountable.

I take no issue with also holding members of the GOP, especially in the senate, accountable for a lot of the current issues.

You mean to tell me that you're not satisfied with a first AND second step act when they haul your *** in jail after headbutting a cop's bullet and being charged with endangerment of an LEO for doing so? How could you scoff at the possibility of spending 17 months making license plates for a dollar/day instead of 18, all thanks to the mercifulness of Don the Magnanimous?
The increased housing discrimination sounds promising, gotta protect white housewives.

After all the tap dancing you do for the GOP, you have the nerve to tell me, or anyone for that matter to get a grip? FOH.

It’s logical to arrive at the conclusion you are okay with the Breona Taylor situation because while you may say you’re not with your words, your vote loudly and clearly says otherwise.

And yes, assuming this isn’t an elaborate troll job where you’ve stolen another man’s identity, we all know your wife is black. It’s just a damn shame she married a Biscuit Addict whose identity as an African American was worth $1,000 in fraudulent loans and the hope of some supplemental rental income.

91d42b44253d605cb40d48def41939df.png

80c3ebb08719c1e22d91361ef24c49de.png

1600893002123.png

Is there something else that you want me to address? If so, I will. There’s no need to play guessing games or pretend like I’m trying to hide from directly speaking to the issues.

I think that you are addressing his comments to Woodward, right?

I don’t think it is accurate to state that he effectively labeled anyone who believes in white privilege as unamerican, divisive, and spreading harmful propaganda. Nor do I recall him stating that anyone who believes in white privilege has drank “the kool-aid.”

In any event white privilege is clearly real. So to the extent that he believes it isn’t he is obviously ignorant and I clearly disagree with him on that.
The Kool-aid comment is on tape in one of his interviews with Bob Woodward. Trump personally directed a memorandum that explicitly describes spreading white privilege awareness as a "propaganda effort."
He then explicitly described that activity as harmful, divisive and an attempt to indoctrinate people who, according to what he told Bob Woodward, haven't "drank the Kool-aid."

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/05/9100...gs-on-white-privilege-and-critical-race-theor
Trump Tells Agencies To End Trainings On 'White Privilege' And 'Critical Race Theory'

d94fec89bcbba0e5fbb4614668354374.png

9dd619becd0a5ab51625b4eafe5caeb1.png

9d4e29895974a0494083b6c7ab9635fa.png

827636b03b75dc84f9c5af54b4677baf.png

312021bd6d403052d30a56d18a4faf8c.png

Last edited:
Unless there is a progressive independent that has a chance of winning. Or it is a Dem endorsed independent, then **** yes I vote the party line.

Then I look up the recommended ballot that progressive activist groups put out to see who to vote for in unknown non-partisan races.

Has Trump said he wouldn’t sign that, or similar, legislation?

And his commitment to criminal justice reform is what gives me the idea that he’d sign such legislation.
Your whole shtick is that he can get meaningful legislation passed. The House passed it. Why isn’t he pressuring the Senate to push forward the bill and pass it so that he can sign it?

You said you “supported” Obama. To be clear - did you vote for him in 2008 and 2012? Or did you just “support” him in spirit?

The only reason that I am not answering this directly is because I don’t want to establish a precedent of stating who I choose to vote for. I typically say “I support” to give a clear indication.

But hopefully this clears any ambiguity:

I supported President Obama in 2008 and 2012. And I did not vote for his opponent in 2008 or 2012.

Your whole shtick is that he can get meaningful legislation passed. The House passed it. Why isn’t he pressuring the Senate to push forward the bill and pass it so that he can sign it?

He might be. I think the focus is on SCOTUS right now.

Back
Top Bottom