***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm convinced this guy just comes and goes to practice his debating skills on y'all :lol:

He literally says nothing.

dude probably lowkey can´t believe folks keep replying...my man literally typed CRIME BILL as a rebuttal today.

He giving his game plan away.....

wild part about this is he goes ¨ideally there would be an 8-0 or 9-0 decision¨...not even KINDA hiding it.

think about it...if guy wins again, he might personally select either just under or just over half the Court.

it´s like maybe they should have updated a 250 year old document controlling civilization from time to time.

I'm convinced this guy just comes and goes to practice his debating skills on y'all :lol:

He's even admitted that he doesn't weigh the "meaningful legislation" passed under Trump against all of the terrible things the Trump administration does. He refuses to have an actual discussion and wants everyone else to raise points so he can argue against them.
To your first question, I have not done that.

To your second question, I do not.

My comparison is based on the ability for certain measures to get passed based on the current makeup of Congress.
I am just unsure of what you are trying to accomplish. I told you my analysis. You think it dumb. Cool, we can agree to disagree.

You want me to list every negative of trump, and then every positive, and then you say SEE YOU ARE MAKING A BAD CHOICE!

We can skip all of that because I am conceding you argument.

Same for you with Biden, I'm not asking you to list every negative thing he's done to black people and then positive to weigh it, just so we end back at square one. Us agreeing to disagree on the better option.

If you want to engage, ask me about a negative thing you feel trump has done as it relates to black people specifically. And I will discuss it with you. But what you are asking is pointless and it wasn't my analysis. I told you my position and why.

the movie version of this ends with both men arriving to the Capitol early one January morning ready to be sworn in, bringing together their legions of supporters in a dramatic final clash for the soul of democracy.

of course, this is the Stupid Timeline, so we´re probably gonna get NFL Riots and the rise of Yeezy Jihad.

De Santis won the election by 32,463 votes.

If Gillum would have won, and these people would have had their voting rights restored.

The kicker, Hillary got 471,252 more votes in 2016 than Gillum got in 2018.

With ex-felons voting, Trump would be in a bad spot.

Every election counts, big or small matter. It all builds on one another.

-Also if Drew won, he wouldn't have started drinking and would not have ended up bucket naked passed out in a hotel room while another dude is ODing on meth. :lol:

Last edited:
Dude is arguing classim is a bigger issue than racism. Yet he supports the candidate that will make income inequality even worse.
Anyone who still stubbornly insists on perpetuating the notion of class primacy or reductionism should read Caste: The Origin of our Discontents by Isabelle Wilkerson.
Amazon product ASIN B084FLWDQG
Like The Warmth of Other Suns, Caste should be required reading.

Horrible, indefensible, and clear grounds to not vote for him—if true.
This is as utterly pathetic as it is unsurprising.

A racist is someone who feels that their race is superior to that of others. Or someone who discriminates against others because of the color of their skin.
A racist is someone who feels that their race is superior to that of others.

Or someone who discriminates against others because of the color of their skin.

I did.

It is a summary of what has been done and the headline suggests they are working to do more of the same, specifically as it relates to black people.

As you know, he’s already announced support for a second step act, and signed the Fair Chance Act into law after that press release.

As I have shown you before, here is the commitment to further criminal justice reform:

President Donald J. Trump Is Committed to Building on the Successes of the First Step Act

As you were reminded last time, that press release is over a year old. This Axios interview is from last month:

Has Donald Trump expressed any appetite for a "Second Step Act" after George Floyd's murder? I'm not sure if you've been paying attention to the race, but he's gone all in for "law and order." How many times has he mentioned a "Second Step Act" in the past four months? And how many times has he tweeted, in all caps, "LAW AND ORDER"?

You're trying to use a fig leaf in a hurricane.

I hate to break it to you, but Santa Claus isn't real, either:

And yet, he hasn't gotten any better. He just keeps making false equivalencies and sputtering out the same four bad faith talking points.

His arguments are low information, low skill, and low effort. They read like a call center script. I've had to check to make sure his account wasn't commandeered by a bot running out of St. Petersburg.

It would be more flattering to suggest that he intends his posts to be practiced on, like a speed bag.

ytkerxdaqrgn29wqpps3.gif

Somewhat off-topic, but I can't even take the state/national polls seriously when the WH is literally threatening to subvert the election by taking it up to the SCOTUS. I know you can't really factor in a coup or whatever, but seeing 538 give Biden roughly a 3/4 chance of winning means nothing in this climate. The only thing I'm *slightly* holding onto is that Trump and his stooges are legitimately incompetent and the military are not backing him. Every scheme he's had has blown up because they're incredibly bad at being bad (which still is very dangerous), and I wouldn't be surprised to see the rats flee from the ship if it saves their own skin in the end. Even the most wishful thinking can dry up though, sadly.

what can´t happen here, a peaceful transfer of power?

President Donald Trump refused Wednesday to commit to a peaceful transition of power if he loses the 2020 election to Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

“Well, we’ll have to see what happens. You know that. I’ve been complaining very strongly about the ballots. And the ballots are a disaster,” Trump said at a news conference at the White House. It appeared Trump was referring to mail-in ballots, which he has repeatedly condemned, without evidence, as susceptible to massive fraud.

The president had been asked by a reporter if he would commit to a peaceful transferal of power, “win, lose or draw.”

When the reporter noted that “people are rioting,” Trump replied: “Get rid of the ballots, and you’ll have a very -- you’ll have a very peaceful -- there won’t be a transfer, frankly, there’ll be a continuation.”

cf.

Back
Top Bottom