***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This was a long but interesting read

Yeah, but think of the leverage.

It is not a 500B infusion. The 500B number is from them saying they will pass an infrastructure bill, which will make available 500B in government contracts. 500B is not going to black communities. He is basically saying the infrastructure bill he has been promising for 3.5 years will finally be passed, and it will help black people.

There is a 400B number, but that has to do with a smaller government investment leading to private entities lending up to 400B to black own business.

Trump didn't put 500B on the table as Cube suggested.
That's a very important point.

If anyone is still gullible enough to think Donald Trump of all people is going to designate $500 billion to Black Americans specifically, ask yourself: why is his administration fighting affirmative action tooth and nail?

This is the man who said - on television - that "a well-educated Black" has "an actual advantage today." You really think he's going to support a compensatory policy to address the racial wealth gap?

If you want a preview of what might actually happen, a better reference is Kushner's "Economic Opportunity Zones" program, which is just government-subsidized gentrification, or Trump's perpetually imminent ACA replacement.

If anything, what you're going to get will be a cash giveaway to banks and private developers, who will pervert the purpose of the funding to ultimately exploit and potentially displace its intended beneficiaries, just as Bush-era regulatory modifications allowed and incentivized banks to issue predatory loans like exploding ARMs to borrowers of color to satisfy their CRA obligations.

I spoke on that. And said that it was wild and ridiculous and even cited the Michelle Obama post as the final straw.

Also mentioned that I shouldn't be grouped with those dudes.

They sounded more like the "satirical" posts in here than any post from me.

Let's not rewrite history and pretend like I condoned what those folks were doing. They were rightly banned in my opinion--good riddance.
Where? Oh, right: you can't be bothered to substantiate your own claims.

For those interested, here's the page where the mask slipped and the users shifted from "both sides" double standards to FashBook memes: https://niketalk.com/threads/official-political-discussion-thread.509493/page-8760

When the offensive content was removed, this also resulted in the removal of posts that directly quoted said content. When browsing through these pages, you might reasonably wonder, what if dwalk31 dwalk31 did issue a stinging denunciation of these users, but it got caught in the sweep?

Wonder no more: none of dwalk31 dwalk31 's posts were removed. What you see is all you get.

It should surprise absolutely no one that your concerns were largely, if not exclusively, self-interested:
I shouldn’t be lumped together with those folks.

Wow, you really let them have it.

You were active in the thread the entire time, but that post and tapping the "like" button when they got banned was all the courage you could manage.

This is the closest post I could find to a direct condemnation, and it happened three days later:
Than the posters who are making seemingly racist posts and posting highly offensive memes and gifs?

I don’t do those things.

Also, RustyShackleford RustyShackleford RustyShackleford RustyShackleford showed that one of them was white which makes the posts even more offensive. I’m black, so that’s another glaring difference.

I don’t mind agreeing to disagree with people or engaging in discourse. What those posters were doing was not even close to that (which is remarkable considering how much leeway is given normally in here). The one post about former First Lady Obama was the line, for me.
I assume that heavily delayed "sigh" is the searing rebuke you were thinking of. It's so much more vigorous and timely than any liberal's condemnation of the 1994 crime bill that Biden has since apologized for and William Barr seemingly still supports.

Incidentally, I'd be interested to see how you could operationalize "racism" so as to include their memes and exclude Trump's rhetoric and policies.

Are the transphobic Michelle Obama memes that you believe "crossed the line" categorically distinct from "Ilhan Omar hates America and married her brother to get citizenship" allegation made directly by Trump himself?

Don't worry: you shouldn't require the search feature to answer this one. Unless, that is, you want to make sure your forthcoming definition of racism squares with the one you offered us previously.

@wr

I want you to take just 30 mins of your time...and watch this (starts at the 44:45)

Cube even kinda admits to being played. But then falls back onto “both sides”.

Anybody who honestly watches this exchange, can tell you what the real is.

"Keep up the good work" is some insulting stuff :lol: I'm at 1:11:21 now & Roland's patience has been extremely commendable. Cube (like many other) is completely wrong & will continue to b/c they don't want to learn.

Also, something I realized about hoteps is that they never include the same Black women they claim to care about. They also exclude other Black's that don't fit their ideals of a Black person (man) such as the gays, trans, etc. It's trash, disingenuous, & extremely ethnocentric.

"Keep up the good work" is some insulting stuff :lol: I'm at 1:11:21 now & Roland's patience has been extremely commendable. Cube (like many other) is completely wrong & will continue to b/c they don't want to learn.

Also, something I realized about hoteps is that they never include the same Black women they claim to care about. They also exclude other Black's that don't fit their ideals of a Black person (man) such as the gays, trans, etc. It's trash, disingenuous, & extremely ethnocentric.

That's one of the biggest things I've peeped from the Dr. Umar school of hoteps. They always talk up "Black empowerment", but never center Black women in that empowerment. As I've read somewhere (can't remember exactly where at the moment), it's simply white supremacy in blackface. Which is why a lot of their "plans" for Black folk are carbon copies of the oppressive systems most of us are looking to get from under. Jemele Hill catches a lot of flack on Twitter for some of her takes, but she recently had a tweet commenting on the political energy being different from Black men versus what Black women exhibit and I definitely can't disagree with her on that one. One look at the breakdown in demographics that voted for Hilary vs who voted for Trump proves her statement to be true.

Yeah, but think of the leverage.

That's a very important point.

If anyone is still gullible enough to think Donald Trump of all people is going to designate $500 billion to Black Americans specifically, ask yourself: why is his administration fighting affirmative action tooth and nail?

This is the man who said - on television - that "a well-educated Black" has "an actual advantage today." You really think he's going to support a compensatory policy to address the racial wealth gap?

If you want a preview of what might actually happen, a better reference is Kushner's "Economic Opportunity Zones" program, which is just government-subsidized gentrification, or Trump's perpetually imminent ACA replacement.

If anything, what you're going to get will be a cash giveaway to banks and private developers, who will pervert the purpose of the funding to ultimately exploit and potentially displace its intended beneficiaries, just as Bush-era regulatory modifications allowed and incentivized banks to issue predatory loans like exploding ARMs to borrowers of color to satisfy their CRA obligations.

Where? Oh, right: you can't be bothered to substantiate your own claims.

For those interested, here's the page where the mask slipped and the users shifted from "both sides" double standards to FashBook memes: https://niketalk.com/threads/official-political-discussion-thread.509493/page-8760

When the offensive content was removed, this also resulted in the removal of posts that directly quoted said content. When browsing through these pages, you might reasonably wonder, what if dwalk31 dwalk31 did issue a stinging denunciation of these users, but it got caught in the sweep?

Wonder no more: none of dwalk31 dwalk31 's posts were removed. What you see is all you get.

It should surprise absolutely no one that your concerns were largely, if not exclusively, self-interested:

Wow, you really let them have it.

You were active in the thread the entire time, but that post and tapping the "like" button when they got banned was all the courage you could manage.

This is the closest post I could find to a direct condemnation, and it happened three days later:

I assume that heavily delayed "sigh" is the searing rebuke you were thinking of. It's so much more vigorous and timely than any liberal's condemnation of the 1994 crime bill that Biden has since apologized for and William Barr seemingly still supports.

Incidentally, I'd be interested to see how you could operationalize "racism" so as to include their memes and exclude Trump's rhetoric and policies.

Are the transphobic Michelle Obama memes that you believe "crossed the line" categorically distinct from "Ilhan Omar hates America and married her brother to get citizenship" allegation made directly by Trump himself?

Don't worry: you shouldn't require the search feature to answer this one. Unless, that is, you want to make sure your forthcoming definition of racism squares with the one you offered us previously.

Now I didn't condemn the posts fast enough...?

Is the implication that I somehow supported those ridiculous posts despite directly condemning them and calling them out?

The standard that I'm held to is truly remarkable.

I said those posts were seemingly racists. I have also said that a lot of things that Trump has said are seemingly racist. And a lot of stuff that Biden has said is seemingly racist. I have spoken against tons of things Trump has both said and done. Same goes for Biden. The only thing that I haven't really made final judgment on is whether Biden and Trump are actually racists.

It is wild that if I don't condemn posts strong enough, or fast enough, or some other new and improved goal post then I am somehow co-signing the nonsense.

The reality is many of the posts in here are "satirical," and it is difficult to know who is in character and who isn't trolling in a reject MAGA character.

When it was clear, I responded unambiguously.

So there is no confusion on Barr, to the extent he supports the 94 Crime bill, I don't support that.

Also, the Ilhan Omar comments by Trump were unacceptable.

As it relates to the Crime bill, I guess an apology by Biden makes it all better. I'm sure if Trump just apologized all would be forgiven and he'd get your vote.

I still can’t believe someone would think comparing Biden to this man would be some sort of slight

Is the implication that I somehow supported those ridiculous posts despite directly condemning them and calling them out?

I said those posts were seemingly racists. I have also said that a lot of things that Trump has said are seemingly racist. And a lot of stuff that Biden has said is seemingly racist. I have spoken against tons of things Trump has both said and done. Same goes for Biden. The only thing that I haven't really made final judgment on is whether Biden and Trump are actually racists.

It is wild that if I don't condemn posts strong enough, or fast enough, or some other new and improved goal post then I am somehow co-signing the nonsense.

The reality is many of the posts in here are "satirical," and it is difficult to know who is in character and who isn't trolling in a reject MAGA character.

So there is no confusion on Barr, to the extent he supports the 94 Crime bill, I don't support that.

As it relates to the Crime bill, I guess an apology by Biden makes it all better. I'm sure if Trump just apologized all would be forgiven and he'd get your vote.
My God this is utterly pathetic.

I am starting to question if you have any self respect.

You comparison between Trump and Biden falls flat on its face because Meth and many others have pointed out that Biden not only has apologized, but he also push for legislation to rectify his past mistakes well before running for president this time. And is currently pushing progressive legislation to improve the criminal justice system. That is why he is a better actor than Trump

Trump has apologized for non of his past racist behavior. In 2020 he spews racism constantly, he advocates and enforces racism policies. He is not gonna apologize for his comments about Omar, he is not gonna try to make amends. He does the opposite of that. Continuously doubling down on his vile behavior.

And after he does that, you come in here to make reach after reach to try to build a both sides argument as a way to treat Trump with kid gloves, and to pretend you have principles.

Guess what, no one is buying that nonsense.

-Also after years of claiming conservatives get treated unfairly in here, years of handwaving people pointing out the racism that conservatives in here peddle, you again had the chance to rebuke conservative racism on NT. But instead you sat behind your screen quiet. Then claimed to be disgusted after the fact. While other liberal posters stood up to racism. But don't worry, everyone in here expects that sort of cowardice from you.

No one is holding you to a unreasonable standard. We routinely ask you to show yourself to be the high character anti-racist person you claim to be, but you routinely fail that test.

Last edited:

Spare us the victim routine.

You spent all day yesterday griping that Rusty et al. were going harder at a Black man (Ice Cube) than a White racist (Joe Biden), yet, in so doing, you spent exponentially greater effort chastising other Black men than you did condemning the racism recently posted IN THIS VERY THREAD.

The tone and degree of the critique is what I’m talking about.
You're the last person who should be talking about "double standards" right now.

For reference, since I know you won't go back to check, the statement Khufu made was:
That's a good point.

dwalk31 dwalk31 , when those dudes came on suggesting that Michelle Obama was really a man, why didn't you speak up?

The truth is, you didn't really speak up about it until 3 days later - and the only times you've addressed it at all, now included, have been self-serving. You didn't say anything when they were insulting Michelle Obama. You said something only when people compared you to the deplorables. That was the insult that prompted a response - and all you had to say at the time was, "don't lump me in with them."

"Tone and degree."

If they were truly "unacceptable", you wouldn't vote for him.

If you vote for him, you may recognize it as a flaw, but it's a flaw you're demonstrably willing to accept.

Recycled arguments deserve recycled responses:
I don't believe anyone is saying that Joe Biden is "some perfect candidate" - and that includes Joe Biden.

I have a little trick I use when selecting between two imperfect options that apparently hasn't occurred to you: choose the better one.

If you had to choose between a Chrysler Sebring and a dog turd, you'd pick the dog turd because neither one has Bluetooth.

Don't talk to me about "remarkable standards."

If you want electoral accountability and better Democratic candidates, vote in Democratic primary elections. That strategy has given us Ilhan Omar and Ayanna Pressley.
Your strategy gave us a 5-4 decision to gut the Voting Rights Act and a President who thinks "Black Lives Matter" is a terrorist organization.

Look at yourself.

You comparison between Trump and Biden falls flat on its face because Meth and many others have pointed out that Biden not only has apologized, but he also push for legislation to rectify his past mistakes well before running for president this time. And is currently pushing progressive legislation to improve the criminal justice system. That is why he is a better actor than Trump

Trump has apologized for non of his past racist behavior. In 2020 he spews racism constantly, he advocates and enforces racism policies. He is not gonna apologize for his comments about Omar, he is not gonna try to make amends. He does the opposite of that. Continuously doubling down on his vile behavior.

And after he does that, you come in here to make reach after reach to try to build a both sides argument as a way to treat Trump with kid gloves, and to pretend you have principles.

-Also after years of claiming conservatives get treated unfairly in here, years of handwaving people pointing out the racism that conservatives in here peddle, you again had the chance to rebuke conservative racism on NT. But instead you sat behind your screen quiet. Then claimed to be disgusted after the fact. While other liberal posters stood up to racism. But don't worry, everyone in here expects that sort of cowardice from you.

No one is holding you to a unreasonable standard. We routinely ask you to show yourself to be the high character anti-racist person you claim to be, but you routinely fail that test.

I condemned those posts, period. Never once did I like one or indicate any sort of support whatsoever—because I thought they were ridiculous. And mostly thought they were some new “satirical” characters. Some diet aepps20 aepps20

But in an effort not to clog the thread with that back and forth, do you think the impact of Biden’s 94 Crime bill has been more or less detrimental, to black people, than Trump’s rhetoric? And what legislation did Biden get passed that ended that effects of that legislation—to go along with his apology? That is a serious question. I’m not advancing an argument, but I really would like to know your opinion on that.

47cvh0yd0kt51.jpg

Spare us the victim routine.

You spent all day yesterday griping that Rusty et al. were going harder at a Black man (Ice Cube) than a White racist (Joe Biden), yet, in so doing, you spent exponentially greater effort chastising other Black men than you did condemning the racism recently posted IN THIS VERY THREAD.

You're the last person who should be talking about "double standards" right now.

For reference, since I know you won't go back to check, the statement Khufu made was:

The truth is, you didn't really speak up about it until 3 days later - and the only times you've addressed it at all, now included, have been self-serving. You didn't say anything when they were insulting Michelle Obama. You said something only when people compared you to the deplorables. That was the insult that prompted a response - and all you had to say at the time was, "don't lump me in with them."

"Tone and degree."

If they were truly "unacceptable", you wouldn't vote for him.

If you vote for him, you may recognize it as a flaw, but it's a flaw you're demonstrably willing to accept.

Recycled arguments deserve recycled responses:

If you had to choose between a Chrysler Sebring and a dog turd, you'd pick the dog turd because neither one has Bluetooth.

Don't talk to me about "remarkable standards."

If you want electoral accountability and better Democratic candidates, vote in Democratic primary elections. That strategy has given us Ilhan Omar and Ayanna Pressley.
Your strategy gave us a 5-4 decision to gut the Voting Rights Act and a President who thinks "Black Lives Matter" is a terrorist organization.

Look at yourself.

You may have missed it, but I’ve come in here and said that I may actually support Biden this time around. This was when Trump said “sure” on whether he condemns white supremacy and then went on to say “stand back” and “stand by” to the Proud Boys.

Trump doesn’t have a free pass to talk out of the side of his neck. This is mostly a decision between dangerous rhetoric vs. dangerous legislation and which president I think is best positioned to get favorable legislation passed. At this point, that’s Trump. If it becomes clear the Senate will flip, I will vote Biden.

If you need more proof trump supporters are both racist and sexist, the new strategy is claiming Harris will actually be the president because joe will immediately step down

Starting to question?

Back
Top Bottom