***Official Political Discussion Thread***

People accuse Trump’s kids of things all the time—right?

Are you saying it’s okay to accuse Trump’s kids but not Hunter?

Or are you saying that neither should be accused as it’s unrelated to the election?

Or are you saying you believe the accusations against Trump’s kids but not the allegations against Hunter Biden?

Obviously you know I go by the innocent until proven guilty standard—personally.

The problem I see is that Republicans have a field day with the Hunter Biden stuff while blatantly ignoring everything the Trump kids have ever done. Just more hypocrisy from the republicans as always.

If Bebop and Rocksteady don't get to him first
Y’all really wanna know what’s going on with Mitch?

1603327769625.jpeg

The problem I see is that Republicans have a field day with the Hunter Biden stuff while blatantly ignoring everything the Trump kids have ever done. Just more hypocrisy from the republicans as always.
More so, the super secret laptop was already proven false and the mastermind behind it was just spoofed by a fake underaged girl.

Bet. So now the white house gonna straight lie and say the russians are fixing the election...against trump this time lmaooo. But Boris and Natalya Putin is your boy.

Make it make sense.

Clown *** administration.

Yeah the pride boys Iran thing is fishy. Why would Iran wanna help Trump after he killed one of their military leaders?

Did anyone call for Bloomberg's head?
Nope.
Did anyone call for reducing the impact of money on politics? Yes. Unfortunately, that includes reducing how much of our society's resources the billionaire class gets to control. If we don't do that, we then agree with Mike Lee about what democracy is: a means to an end, and not an end itself.
The comment I was replying to (not sure if it was yours) was that the mere fact that Bloomberg had 100MM to spend on political influence while millions of Americans await stimulus is obscene. Obscence is a strong word, especially considering one does not have anything to do with the other.

Americans having the lowest savings rate in the modern world despite the highest gdp per capita. Is this Bloombergs fault? Americans all think they will themselves be billionaires one day and shame the poor, is this also Bloomberg fault? Tax law, monetary and fiscal policies since FDR have all steered favor towards higher and higher asset classes I suppose this is Bloombergs fault as well?

Miss me with that less money in politics line, OBVIOUSLY there should be less money in politics. Corporations and wealthy people will always control resources, this is regardless of political systems and geography.

The comment I was replying to (not sure if it was yours) was that the mere fact that Bloomberg had 100MM to spend on political influence while millions of Americans await stimulus is obscene. Obscence is a strong word, especially considering one does not have anything to do with the other.

Americans having the lowest savings rate in the modern world despite the highest gdp per capita. Is this Bloombergs fault? Americans all think they will themselves be billionaires one day and shame the poor, is this also Bloomberg fault? Tax law, monetary and fiscal policies since FDR have all steered favor towards higher and higher asset classes I suppose this is Bloombergs fault as well?

Miss me with that less money in politics line, OBVIOUSLY there should be less money in politics. Corporations and wealthy people will always control resources, this is regardless of political systems and geography.

No one is really going at specifically Bloomberg. They are using him as a data point to make a large critique of the dysfunctional system.

Last edited:

Obscene is the perfect adjective to describe the amount of money that gets spent in American politics.

The French spend tens of millions on entire campaigns and Bloomberg (and others) are spending 100M on ads.

Compare our campaign finance philosophy to that of other democracies:

$100m for ads is insane and I get why people would be outraged when there's so many people struggling due to the pandemic, but to play devils advocate, Bloomberg donates a lot to charities and even pledged to donate as much of his money as possible before he dies. So at least he's not a dude who's pumping money into politics and ignoring the issues humanity is facing.

Back
Top Bottom