***Official Political Discussion Thread***

wr

Joined Mar 4, 2011
Too extreme to curb extremists?
Yes.
Means more extremist will drive there and camp outside.

These aren't poor toothless rednecks from Appalachia.
These are CEOs, managers, teachers, politicians.
The boat and RV crowd.
Extreme measures beget more extreme measures. This is heading on a bad direction.

Mark Antony

Supporter
Joined Apr 30, 2010
Yes.
Means more extremist will drive there and camp outside.

These aren't poor toothless rednecks from Appalachia.
These are CEOs, managers, teachers, politicians.
The boat and RV crowd.
Extreme measures beget more extreme measures. This is heading on a bad direction.
People camping out in rv, vans etc. in a major city stand out a lot more than a normal hotel or airbnb check-in.

So don't aggressively deter these folks?

wr

Joined Mar 4, 2011
People camping out in rv, vans etc. in a major city stand out a lot more than a normal hotel or airbnb check-in.

So don't aggressively deter these folks?
To openly do is going to cause retaliation.
Making a tweet like that is drawing a line in the sand between tech moguls and "conservatives". This stuff is getting weird man.

Joined Nov 29, 2012
To openly do is going to cause retaliation.
Making a tweet like that is drawing a line in the sand between tech moguls and "conservatives". This stuff is getting weird man.
If that's the case it's a test of US National Guards to do their job then right?

Joined Jul 1, 2016
All this leads me to thinking we got a nasty lockdown coming. Pandemic + this is not a good recipe.
I could see that...always suspected lockdown could be used for non-pandemic reasons now.

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 you get back to Mexico?
still got a few things to handle up here but I'm definitely skedaddling long-term this year...this is not gonna be a fun place to live.

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
I don't think the move will have any effect on extremist one way or the other.

If someone made up their mind to come to DC and commit an act of terrorism, not having their Airbnb is not gonna affect their plans.

But it is good because it will deter all the folk on the margin, so overall fewer people will be in the city. Fewer people to get caught up in the moment and do something dumb, fewer innocents could get hurt by an extremist.

Plus, the last thing Airbnb wants is their company being associated with any cluster****

Joined May 1, 2011
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now