***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I wonder if anyone ever told Trump “don’t be a scumbag your entire life” he would for at least 1 day try and be a decent human being.

Then again I guess he would just go play golf and charge taxpayers money to have the secret service protect him at one of his own resorts. Like I honestly cannot imagine Trump not being a scumbag in any action he takes.

A 16 year old is more stately than the president of the United States of America

and obviously this is not shocking to anyone but dwalk31 dwalk31 and cult 45

and she is no where near to being the only teenage that can make that claim to fame

A 16 year old is more stately than the president of the United States of America

and obviously this is not shocking to anyone but dwalk31 dwalk31 and cult 45

and she is no where near to being the only teenage that can make that claim to fame

But but..
download.jpg

Acting as if to support the Democratic party you have to be sitting around and waiting for some type of handout as a black person is idiotic and plays on dangerous tropes that have long been harmful in this country. Black Democrats can be actively critical of the party, officials and candidates while not sitting around idle waiting for a political party to save you. But you know that.

Saying "the hood is still the hood" while discounting the effects that universal healthcare, student debt forgiveness, no voter suppression, strong unions, and other policies supported by Democrats could have on the black community is equally nonsensical. There's no magic save for black people in this country and everyone in this thread knows it. But it's clear that the Republican party is hell-bent on policies that increase wealth disparity, take resources from public schools, give less funding to HBCUs, make it more difficult for black people to even exercise the right to vote.

The same community you claim to invest in with your minimal tax break that you receive from Trump, you votes to push policies to strip healthcare away that increases the black infant mortality rate, or that has a department of education who refuses to relieve the Debt of students who took out loans from schools that were found to be fraudulent. Spare us with your claims of caring about black people. This is all about you. Back to ignoring every thing this clown posts.

We can agree to disagree, but at least we are discussing the substance.

We have had several Democratic presidents and no universal healthcare, student debt forgiveness, no voter suppression, etc. Won't even go down the strong union rabbit hole.

What is the point in student debt forgiveness while still giving out said loans?

It isn't about a tax break. It is about taking funds and directly donating to causes. The local level matters more than national politics imo. If you think quibbling all day about national-level politics is the answer, go for it. It isn't about a magic wand, it is about where I think energy and resources should be focused.

Promises get made every election cycle. I can compare the 1994 Crime Bill to the First Step Act. And you can choose to ignore it. Federal funding for HBCUs has increased over $100 million under this administration. Again, you can choose to ignore that as well.

No permanent friends; no permanent enemies; just permanent interests. If you think black people being a sure vote for Democrats is the answer then great, vote for a Democrat. But Trump getting out of office won't undo centuries of disparate treatment. And, his administration has made substantive moves in the right direction as it relates to communities that look like me. Does that make him or his administration perfect or above reprehension? Of course not. But shine that same light on leaders in the Democratic party and the realities set in as it relates to the black community, specifically.

It’s not a rabbit hole it’s true.

I have free healthcare from my union...

If I lived in a right to work republican state my union would be weakened and our benefits would take a hit.

we have free healthcare because my whole industry is organized regardless of company. They aren’t giving it out of the goodness of their heart.

power in numbers. It’s that simple, if 40k of us go on strike over health care it’s gonna cost them a whole lot more than just paying for it.

don’t call it a rabbit whole because you know it’s true.

The funniest part is this clown has been harping on the First Step Act for months, while ignoring that privatized prison funding has increased under Trump and he reversed an Obama era move to please them out.

Conflating Trump being out of the office with that undoing centuries of disparate treatment is another goalpost move that no one has said. However, there's one party who is trying to roll back civil rights progress, suppress the black vote, and who wealth disparity is increasing under at rapid rates. Vote for them to get your minor tax increase to "reinvest". If you think that black people literally voting against our interests is the way to see progress, then you go ahead. Clearly you've made the choice that it's enough for you.

Clearly we need wholesale reform with higher education, but in a country where the disparity between black families and white families is massive, relieving student loan debt definitely is a policy that we should all want to see.

Last edited:
It’s not a rabbit hole it’s true.

I have free healthcare from my union...

If I lived in a right to work republican state my union would be weakened and our benefits would take a hit.

we have free healthcare because my whole industry is organized regardless of company. They aren’t giving it out of the goodness of their heart.

power in numbers. It’s that simple, if 40k of us go on strike over health care it’s gonna cost them a whole lot more than just paying for it.

don’t call it a rabbit whole because you know it’s true.

I say rabbit hole because the union discussion is complex and beyond the primary point I was making into black people being a monolith supporting one party vs. another.

Unions do a lot of good, and it is great you are able to benefit from your union.

unions also pay the same regardless of race or gender.

I make the same as a 50 year old black lady would.

we’re all paid the same based on what we do.

democrats are pro union and unions are for paying everyone the same.

“I’ve studied it better than anybody.”

***** no you haven’t. Shut the **** up. **** off into space you stupid deranged oaf. I’m so tired of your bull ****. You don’t study anything clown ***.

Have a good week everybody.

Not you Dwalk. Stub your toe first thing in the morning.

Last edited:
his administration has made substantive moves in the right direction as it relates to communities that look like me.
Moves like making sure more Flints, MI happen long after he is gone from office?
Even when you attempt to talk substance, you seem unable to look past the surface of things.

These are your people.

And, his administration has made substantive moves in the right direction as it relates to communities that look like me.
You don’t appear to acknowledge the variety of actions the administration has taken, particularly the Justice Dept, to reverse previous progress on civil rights etc. Actions that disadvantages black Americans in particular.
Let alone the actions of the GOP, which actively uses a variety of methods to prevent black Americans voting in federal elections.

The First Step Act and low black unemployment don’t wave away those other actions.

Sessions took many such actions,for which he was never criticized by the WH and the GOP.

Bill Barr is now threatening to withdraw police protection from communities if they don’t “respect” police enough. I think every black person knows what ‘respect the police’ means coming from people like Barr. Thou shalt not criticize/protest against police brutality and other misconduct.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom