***Official Political Discussion Thread***

either Trump is a pedophile or he knows Lev Parnas:

EOqI6IRXsAAKOJ-.jpeg

or, I suppose both could be true.

Jesus Christ. I'm a bottom line kind of guy and I def understand the concept of voting to atleast keep your head above water so you have the space to fight everything else, but damn if I don't understand the black folks that say **** them all. They don't take our experiences seriously at all. It's really frustrating at times.
One of the most frustrating thing about being a black democrat is seeing all these white Democratic candidates fawn over white voters, make excuses for them, and then when you want to talk about the issues facing the black community they act somewhat shocked things where that bad for black folk. Yet make little changes to their worldview.

High-stepping Sanders is....

making me reconsider my vote for Donald Trump in 2020! Finally Democrats are putting out a candidate I can get behind, somehow who understands what reverse racism looks like. The coal mines are in disrepair and I'm beginning to see that Neon Bernie is going to help us.
This is what they keep expecting to hear, they don't get it.

Bernie back on his bull****....

Always gotta try to make excuses for regressive white people.

So Bernie's reasoning for the Dems not winning in the deep South is on the Dems failure to getting enough white voters. Does this mother****er know or care to know about the bull**** that goes on in the region.

What the **** is he trying to accomplish? Like, saying these people aren't racist isn't going to make them vote for Democrats.

What the **** is he trying to accomplish? Like, saying these people aren't racist isn't going to make them vote for Democrats.
His defenders are gonna try to argue against the exact opposite of Bernie argument, to act like his critics are arguing that 90% of white people in MS are racist, and that can't possibly be true because..."insert some reason". Pinning down an exact number of the racist in the state, is really not that important anyway.

The major issues is that it tries to retell the Dems issues in these Southern States as one having to do with an economic message and policy, and not white supremacy. The Democrats didn't lose the deep south because they turned away from the left wing economics, they lost it because they made a commitment to civil rights policy. And the GOP exploited that. Besides the voting patterns of white people, there are structural forces put in place to dilute the power of the black vote in the deep south. This is missing from his analysis. Mississippi literally got laws on the books to dilute the power of black voters. Georgia straight up robbed Stacey Abrams by targeting black voters. Bernie outchea trying to blame the Dems for the deep south not being blue states, but he is ignoring the reason these ares aren't even purple states.

I mean when he was excusing white voters racism against Abrams and Gillium, people ignored this gem...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/berni...tes-uncomfortable-voting-for-black-candidates

The narrow losses did nothing to dissuade Sanders that he, or anyone else competing as a Democratic candidate for president in 2020, should write off perennially tricky states in the South, including Texas, a state that he believes could go blue in two years. “And let me tell you something else,” Sanders added. “I think the day is going to come sooner than later when states like Mississippi are going to become progressive states.”

He thinks what is holding back the Deep South from being blue states is the Dems not winning more white voters over with a strong economic message. Which anyone paying attention knows is bull****. George Wallace peeped the game a while back....

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/12/old-news-cont/250394/

In the wake of his defeat, Wallace "made a Faustian bargain," said Emory University professor Dan Carter. "In order to survive and get ahead politically in the 1960s, he sold his soul to the devil on race."

He adopted hard-line segregationism, and used this stand to court the white vote in the next gubernatorial election. When a supporter asked why he started using racist messages, Wallace replied, "You know, I tried to talk about good roads and good schools and all these things that have been part of my career, and nobody listened. And then I began talking about ******s, and they stomped the floor."

Anyway Bernie has a habit of saying sucka **** about Obama. He always comes out his mouth with some insinuation that if Obama was more like him everything would be wavy.

Wonder how long before his people put out a statement "clarifying" what he meant. Like the always do.

Last edited:
Dear my black brethren of NT,

1. Shouldn’t we ask when it was Bernie Sanders made this statement? I tried to figure it out but had no luck.

2. Should we be skeptical of the particular interests of a user who, on their Twitter home page, declares:

“Kamala Harris is no longer running so I will tell you what I'm NOT gon do. EVER 1- Vote for Mayo Pete 2- Vote for grandma Betsy 3- Vote for ol man Sanders good luck america” (https://mobile.twitter.com/Drea_got_time)

3. Should we ask about the motivations, not necessarily nefarious, of someone who shares, likes, and retweets all kinds of false equivalences between Sanders and Trump? (Again, https://mobile.twitter.com/Drea_got_time)

4. Sanders words stand on their own. And yet, shouldn’t we situate the retweeting of this clip within the broader information campaign against black voters? We know we are being targeted. The goal is to get us to stay home. There is an online component and a legislative component to weaken our voting power. Both are racist, and both recognize our potential to decide the next election. I’m concerned that These kinds of retweets appear ‘woke’ but have the potential to demobilize portions of the black vote. How do we have an honest conversation about the race and class politics of the Sanders presidential run without relying on short, decontextualized, snarky tweets?

1. Shouldn’t we ask when it was Bernie Sanders made this statement? I tried to figure it out but had no luck.

2. Should we be skeptical of the particular interests of a user who, on their Twitter home page, declares:

“Kamala Harris is no longer running so I will tell you what I'm NOT gon do. EVER 1- Vote for Mayo Pete 2- Vote for grandma Betsy 3- Vote for ol man Sanders good luck america” (https://mobile.twitter.com/Drea_got_time)

3. Should we ask about the motivations, not necessarily nefarious, of someone who shares, likes, and retweets all kinds of false equivalences between Sanders and Trump? (Again, https://mobile.twitter.com/Drea_got_time)

4. Sanders words stand on their own. And yet, shouldn’t we situate the retweeting of this clip within the broader information campaign against black voters? We know we are being targeted. The goal is to get us to stay home. There is an online component and a legislative component to weaken our voting power. Both are racist, and both recognize our potential to decide the next election. I’m concerned that These kinds of retweets appear ‘woke’ but have the potential to demobilize portions of the black vote. How do we have an honest conversation about the race and class politics of the Sanders presidential run without relying on short, decontextualized, snarky tweets?
I verified that it is from one day ago, or at least found no indications to suggest otherwise. There are no matching search results for this statement prior to January 18. It sounds like something that would normally show up at least somewhere if it wasn't recent.

Bernie back on his bull****....

Always gotta try to make excuses for regressive white people.

So Bernie's reasoning for the Dems not winning in the deep South is on the Dems failure to getting enough white voters. Does this mother****er know or care to know about the bull**** that goes on in the region.

If you call someone a racist while offering them programs to alleviate their economic anxiety but they reject your help because your help will also lift up people of color, they aren't racist but soooooooooooooo economically anxious.

Nine o'clock (Nine o'clock), home alone (home alone),
Paging you (Paging you),
Wishing you'd come over my COAL MINE (My COAL MINE)
After while (After while), let me know (Let me know)
We can't just keep talking about the last time (Last time)
You were here (You were here)
What we did DIGGINGDIGGING COAL(What we did)
(No sleep till morning)
Only COAL DUST (COAL DUST)
And BLACK FACE (BLACK FACE)
Hit me back (Hit me back)
Girl I hope you hurry 'cause
I'm so ECONOMICALLY ANXIOUS so meet me at eleven-thirty
I love the way your talkin' Coal said I'm
So ECONOMICALLY anxious girl could you quit this stallin'
You know I'm a COALaholic

If you call someone a racist while offering them programs to alleviate their economic anxiety but they reject your help because your help will also lift up people of color, they aren't racist but soooooooooooooo economically anxious.

Paging you (Paging you),
(No sleep till morning)

Bruh...
giphy.gif

This is one of the greatest things I have ever read. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I verified that it is from one day ago.

Belgium Belgium

Thanks, bruh. That changes things a bit for me. Truth be told, I was hoping to say that Bernie’s position has evolved and that this clip was from a few years ago. But clearly, his stance on the white Obama voter makes clear his durable attempt to let white voters off the hook. He is not alone in that. But that’s precisely the problem.

Paging you (Paging you),
(No sleep till morning)
source.gif

973BCF3A-1C99-4FB6-9875-1C76D91ECA68.gif

**** BREAKING ****
Rare footage of Bernie courting the elusive non-racist white Mississippi voter as he belts out "So ECONOMICALLY anxious girl could you quit this stallin'."

giphy.gif
Prime using his hip fluidity to shake those regressive racial view right out ole girl.

The video cut off right before Bern broke out his signature move, da progressive pony...
giphy.gif

Paging you (Paging you),
(No sleep till morning)

source.gif

Back
Top Bottom