***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Hillary isn’t lying and this coming out now is perfect timing cause yeah ..... snake emoji and Sirota proves she is right.

I am tired of reliving 2016, but let’s Be honest Bernie is still running his 2016 campaign..... That Lost. And Hillary sonned him then and she is sonning him now. If anyone does it, it should be her cause she isn’t running.

The hit jobs against Sanders have been ongoing, but will ratchet up big time. Last week it was the so-called "feud" between Sanders and Warren. Today, it's an excerpt from a "career politician" with absolutely ZERO self-awareness.

All of this is a sign that the Sanders movement--"Not me, Us"--is winning. The blatant class reflex from Bloomberg and Steyer. The lengths to which journalists have gone to avoid mentioning Sanders by name and his growing popularity. And now this nugget from Hilary. Their main man (Biden) is weak. The boy wonder (Pete) can't make any ground--does not want to make any ground--with a huge voting bloc of the Democratic Party.

Perhaps satire and comedy are useful in these dark times. But to my fellow Sanders supporters: don't get distracted. The petulant remarks, the false equivalences, the caricatures are no match for the bold political economic vision at the center of this movement.

republicans made her and her family’s name one of their easy targets, one of their ‘go to’ plays and it stuck

while she wasn’t a charismatic politician like her husband or Obama or many others.. she still got almost 66 million votes

don’t let republicans throwing her name around just like they do with George soros or Obama dictate how she really should be viewed and how she got royally screwed on some BS

To be fair Dems treat our losers like trash. Gore literally got robbed and was exiled since.

I’m voting for Bernie in the primary. Bernie or bust for me. Can’t wait to watch the Dems catch the L when Biden gets clobbered by Trump.

:lol: :lol: Ok dude

Yes, yes, yes this was an amazing endorsement. Probably lock up the nomination.
It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I mean, who gives a damn what Hillary Clinton has to say in 2020? I can't imagine she's moving the needle for anyone at this point aside from some high-end donors who wouldn't donate to Bernie and whose money he wouldn't accept anyway.

But if you can't see how bad the optics of Hillary Clinton—again, one of the least liked political figures in the country—saying that "nobody likes" Bernie, I don't know what to tell you. Even if it really is just a comment on other people in Congress (it's not being reported that way but I could see it given some of the context), that just adds fuel to the fire that she's an out-of-touch "elite," given how that dynamic (assuming its accuracy) juxtaposes with actual popular sentiment. She looks like a clown either way.

The hit jobs against Sanders have been ongoing, but will ratchet up big time. Last week it was the so-called "feud" between Sanders and Warren. Today, it's an excerpt from a "career politician" with absolutely ZERO self-awareness.

All of this is a sign that the Sanders movement--"Not me, Us"--is winning. The blatant class reflex from Bloomberg and Steyer. The lengths to which journalists have gone to avoid mentioning Sanders by name and his growing popularity. And now this nugget from Hilary. Their main man (Biden) is weak. The boy wonder (Pete) can't make any ground--does not want to make any ground--with a huge voting bloc of the Democratic Party.

Perhaps satire and comedy are useful in these dark times. But to my fellow Sanders supporters: don't get distracted. The petulant remarks, the false equivalences, the caricatures are no match for the bold political economic vision at the center of this movement.

I see it different for the last two weeks Bernie has made enemies and had his old enemies take stabs at him. It’s that simple. Warren was bad cause just like she needs his votes, he needs her. He had to apologize to Biden cause his staff acted a fool, and now Hilary (whose supporters he still needs to win to) just came out and said she hates him. It’s been a bad week for Bernie.

Barney Frank said similar comments, the former governor of Vermont (the dude that passed single payer in the state) shaded Bernie too.

People calling him a sucka is nothing new. Clinton probably should not have done it. But this is not part of some conspiracy.

If Sanders gets the nomination, loses the general election, and that loss is attributed to a low turnout among traditional Democratic voters, the arrogant sense of martyrdom among the Bernie Bros really will be insufferable :lol:

I mean yeah, but her words are much more measured any other time. She has been a lot more open since 2016, but this strikes me as clearly having a motive.
I dunno why she would clap at him now. Even during the primary election she chose to not go in.

Maybe she mad Future and Drake won't confirm a new tape coming, so she said **** it, imma set the streets on fire then.

dems play into republicans hands

just look at Biden going on with BS about working with the turtle like he wasn’t VP during dude pulling all that BS the last couple years
That BS has him in the lead because the non politic addicts (aka none of us) seem to not care how things work as long as they are working. He’s running on getting rid of gridlock and going back to Obama’s policies that were in the middle.

I keep saying this but if he would pander and say he would forgive some college debt/ and make state school free I think he would win easy. Hell if it comes down to Trump and Biden and Trump says that First I think Trump could win. It’s maddening how little risks Biden has taken to get the front runner status.... but like I said before people are still living in 2016

Last edited:
Trump’s base will be energized come Nov. he’s gonna get a second term. Dem candidates too weak. Dems should start preparing for 2024.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I mean, who gives a damn what Hillary Clinton has to say in 2020? I can't imagine she's moving the needle for anyone at this point aside from some high-end donors who wouldn't donate to Bernie and whose money he wouldn't accept anyway.

But if you can't see how bad the optics of Hillary Clinton—again, one of the least liked political figures in the country—saying that "nobody likes" Bernie, I don't know what to tell you. Even if it really is just a comment on other people in Congress (it's not being reported that way but I could see it given some of the context), that just adds fuel to the fire that she's an out-of-touch "elite," given how that dynamic (assuming its accuracy) juxtaposes with actual popular sentiment. She looks like a clown either way.
:lol: :lol:

Dude

Ok

Conor MsGregor and the UFC gonna have all the young white MAGA dudes who watch UFC at the polls come Nov. Meanwhile a good portion of Dem voters sitting at home because the dem candidates are trash.

Trump’s base will be energized come Nov. he’s gonna get a second term. Dem candidates too weak. Dems should start preparing for 2024.

Still to early to call it. VP choice, for Dems is important.

Bernie could win it too if you know he ran a better campaign.

He should do a townhall with Warren.

Fire Sirota for the **** up, and idk maybe acknowledge the experience of race on people’s lives to court black voters.

You know more politics less revolutions

Hillary using the gender card to make Bernie look anti-woman. Not a coincidence she said this right after Bernie’s scandal with Liz.

republicans made her and her family’s name one of their easy targets, one of their ‘go to’ plays and it stuck

while she wasn’t a charismatic politician like her husband or Obama or many others.. she still got almost 66 million votes

don’t let republicans throwing her name around just like they do with George soros or Obama dictate how she really should be viewed and how she got royally screwed on some BS
Unfair or not—and it's both—those are the dynamics.

Sure, she got screwed over in a lot of ways beginning in the 1990s and including 2016, and the GOP keeps her name in their mouths as a reflexive diversionary tactic.

But her arrogance and self-delusion are real. Her self-sabotage of failing to campaign and have an adequate voter mobilization apparatus in states she wrongly thought she had sewn up cost her the election more than anything this side of the Electoral College.

If Sanders gets the nomination, loses the general election, and that loss is attributed to a low turnout among traditional Democratic voters, the arrogant sense of martyrdom among the Bernie Bros really will be insufferable :lol:
That will be the least of our concerns should things play out in that fashion :lol:

But it will be extremely interesting to see how all of this "unity" talk and castigation of the left wing of the party will play out should Sanders get the nomination.

No way Bernie loses famb.

Haven't you heard, he gonna flip the good whites people in the deep South that vote GOP because the Dems ignore them.

I see it different for the last two weeks Bernie has made enemies and had his old enemies take stabs at him. It’s that simple. Warren was bad cause just like she needs his votes, he needs her. He had to apologize to Biden cause his staff acted a fool, and now Hilary (whose supporters he still needs to win to) just came out and said she hates him. It’s been a bad week for Bernie.

I agree with your general point about making enemies. This is politics, and everyone has them. But Bernie has a particularly formidable alliance working against him. Those sharpening the knives include portions of: the military industrial complex, global financiers, the 1%, big corporations (insurers, climate polluters), a media cadre who believes in severe limits around democracy, among others. These are serious, serious actors who see their right to rule at stake.

So it's less about his feud with Warren or Clinton reveling in her dislike of Sanders. It's more about how the people who believe, at most in emaciated democracy and the right of the elite to rule and dominate, make use of these petty squabbles. It's about the weaponization of conflicts and squabbles that are central to divide and conquer.

People say things everyday. So for me the issue is why these stories, interviews, tweets, and commentaries from people like Hilary rise to the top. It is only then, armed with a power analysis of who rules, who constrains the choices of others, etc can we even begin to interpret what makes this week a "bad" one for Bernie.

Unfair or not—and it's both—those are the dynamics.

Sure, she got screwed over in a lot of ways beginning in the 1990s and including 2016, and the GOP keeps her name in their mouths as a reflexive diversionary tactic.

But her arrogance and self-delusion are real. Her self-sabotage of failing to campaign and have an adequate voter mobilization apparatus in states she wrongly thought she had sewn up cost her the election more than anything this side of the Electoral College.

youre skipping out a hell of a lot that went into her losing in 2016

youre skipping out a hell of a lot that went into her losing in 2016
I'm not skipping anything; I'm well aware of all of the dynamics to which you're alluding.

I'm stating that her own campaign's failures in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania had more of an impact on her losing in 2016 than any of those other dynamics. The only thing that had a bigger role in her loss was the existence of the Electoral College.

Back
Top Bottom