***Official Political Discussion Thread***

He is nothing more than a black curtain: the GOP hides behind people like him to make the nonsense they peddle acceptable. I still wonder why he doesn't have an issue with how Michael Steele got booted out of the RNC after Obama's term. In the mist of a pandemic, the only renowned doctor in Trump's cabinet who happens to be black is nowhere to be seen, but we have seen Mnuchin, Devos, and other unqualified folks, but he wants to play the representation game when he talks about the Democratic party.

At least, all the other black tapdancers are savvy enough to get paid for their act. He should try and get put on too instead of wasting our time.

It should be noted that no more than two weeks ago he argued that we didn’t need food stamps because wealthy people would “trickle down” income to poor communities and now today he is arguing that trickle down doesn’t work at a community level.

It sounds like you're trying to say that Trump isn't responsible for policy decisions that negatively impact minority communities because local governments, in theory, can try to fight these decisions. Is that the case?

No, that’s not what im saying.

It should be noted that no more than two weeks ago he argued that we didn’t need food stamps because wealthy people would “trickle down” income to poor communities and now today he is arguing that trickle down doesn’t work at a community level.

I didn’t say this either.

Legit just going to make things up?

How is advocating stricter time limits on certain welfare equal to not needed food stamps?

Smh

When we compare cities and States and when we talk about their relationship with the federal government, we have to appreciate how little discretion they have. States and cities cannot print money like the federal government can, federal funding acts as carrot and stick for State and local policy makers, and the threat of capital flight is much more acute for State and local governments.

Obviously, some States and cities will do better at the margin than others and that can make all the difference in the world for some. California expanded medicaid. California extended eligibility for health insurance subsidies, to 600% of federal poverty line. California makes HIV/AIDs assistance available to people up to 500% of the federal poverty line. Those causes better health outcomes than States that do not do those things but everyone in the US lives under the logic of market based insurance and healthcare.

California has legalized marijuana possession and LA County requires that clean needles be sold over the counter at pharmacies. Again better health outcomes and fewer people incarcerated but we still live in a country whose combination of white supremacy and late capitalism requires mass incarceration. So California will convert some felonies into misdemeanors but we still have the States' criminal legal officials arguing that it needs prisoners to fight fires which means that California uses slave labor to protect luxury homes that are imperiled by wild fires which become ever more intense and frequent due to climate crisis caused by global capitalism.

California has a renters' tax credit which is meant to create some degree of parity with homeowners who can write off their mortgage interest. That is great and it can make all the difference for many working families. At the same time, housing in California is created and allocated along the same market-capitalist lines as they are in Texas or Alabama. Due to so much capital pouring into California's metro areas, from all over the world, housing is unaffordable for many Californians despite that renter's credit.

It also should be noted that even when a State or city imposes austerity, lowers taxes, offers free money for big companies and generally act as perfectly obedient subjects for capital, national and international forces can still take capital out of city or a State. In 1970, Detroit was doing better than New York. Starting in the late 70's and early 80's, US economic policy privileged finance and it forced manufacturing to compete with capital in countries with lower wages. IN the 2010's we see right wing memes about how Detroit is a failed city and it was ruined by "Democrat government," is if Detroit were a an independent city State and not a locus of capital that has less capital in today then it used to have.

I didn’t say this either.

Legit just going to make things up?

How is advocating stricter time limits on certain welfare equal to not needed food stamps?

Smh

435D1858-C930-4219-B05D-9400C3F36A29.jpeg
4FE75843-C21F-4F5F-8F02-FFE3B3203DD0.jpeg

Your argument: we don’t need foodstamps

others: how will the poor get by

you: rich donors and business contributions

That’s trickle down economics you god damn 🤡

435D1858-C930-4219-B05D-9400C3F36A29.jpeg
4FE75843-C21F-4F5F-8F02-FFE3B3203DD0.jpeg

You are such a god damn 🤡

Nothing you posted validates your false claim that I said food stamps aren’t needed.

You completely made it up. And then posted quotes that didn’t stand for your initial proposition.

And then called me a name like that changes the fact that you made up your assertion.

But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that it wasn’t a lie, and instead only a error/false statement.

Nothing you posted validates your false claim that I said food stamps aren’t needed.

You completely made it up. And then posted quotes that didn’t stand for your initial proposition.

And then called me a name like that changes the fact that you made up your assertion.

But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that it wasn’t a lie, and instead only a error/false statement.

sorry I forgot I have to put each word you type in there. You stated we needed time limits on food stamps. Everyone else asked what the **** happens after said time limits expire. You said it would be fixed with trickle down economics from individuals and corporate donors or people would stop being poor.

You are right. The end result is so much different because people will either magically stop being poor or poorness will be fixed by da trickle downs

No, that’s not what im saying.
Ok, got it. When you say the trade-off is mitigated because local governments can do something, isn't it more accurate to say some local governments might be able to mitigate some of the risk, while other local governments either cannot or will not?

On top of that, aren't his policies just stressing local governments? Now they have to divert resources to fighting these policies.

With that being the case, and I think we can hopefully agree, then the trade-off still exists because ultimately people will be negatively impacted by Trump's environmental rollbacks.

First response to this post....every F’n time.

Victim I have in mind wasn't an upstanding member of society. He cheated on his wives. 3 of them. While they were pregnant with his children. He has filed for bankruptcy at least 4 times. He has been involved in 3,500 legal cases. Only a degenerate is involved in the law that often. There is also private tape of him bragging about sexually molesting women.

PLEASE HELP RID US OF THIS THUG, COPS.

Back
Top Bottom