***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I missed the part where you did that.

I saw some ad hominems and strawmans but nothing along the lines of an actual policy directed at ending systemic / institutionalized racism.
I linked Biden's whole policy agenda. You handwaved it and gave a different reason you didn't want to vote for him. I said cool.

I said disagreed with Obama's rhetoric on B/More protesters, but out actual policy moves he man in regards to making the DOJ investigate police forces and get consent decrees.

Dude you refuse to sincerely engage with people, and then complain they are not fairly engaging with you.

We can end this here, but spare me this nonsense about me making ad hominem attacks and strawmanning you

I linked Biden's whole policy agenda. You handwaved it

I I said disagreed with Obama's rhetoric on B/More protesters, but out actual policy moves he man in regards to making the DOJ investigate police forces and get consent decrees

Dude you refuse to sincerely engage with people, and then complain they are not fairly engaging with you.

We can end this here, but spare me this nonsense about me making ad hominem attacks and strawmanning you

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Damn youre good!!!!

Strawman Strawmaning!!!

LOL LOL!!!!

I aint NEVER seen a tongue wrestler get in the squared circle AND call the match at the same damn time LOL!!!!

Real tears!

Rusty you my man 50 grand for that one!

Whew I needed that!

Thanks Bro!

:lol::lol::lol:

Mans said I sent you a link!

Mans said Policys.

Please enlighten us as to what happened in the case of Freddy Gray and how those Obama "policies" made things better....because Im pretty sure Minnesota would LOVE to hear it.

You spelled Martin Luther King Jr. wrong.
I don't remember MLK ever advocating for white terrorism. He said moderates were more of a barrier for equality. There are more of them thus they hold more power in a democracy. We need their help to achieve equality but their fear of change and head in the sand response to black plight prevents them from joining us in the fight. Convincing them is more of a struggle than the KKK as an organization. That was the point. He didn't say the KKK were preferential.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Damn youre good!!!!

Strawman Strawmaning!!!

LOL LOL!!!!

I aint NEVER seen a tongue wrestler get in the squared circle AND call the match at the same damn time LOL!!!!

Real tears!

Rusty you my man 50 grand for that one!

Whew I needed that!

Thanks Bro!

:lol::lol::lol:

tenor.gif

Da **** :lol:

Every time, same ole ****

So let me get this straight, internet black Dwart who insists that he is real black, is actually aware than any white person of any political affiliation can be racist, aware that black folks know that Dems aren't going to save us but are a means to an end, and also that Republicans won't save us either, but would rather us subservient or dead. But the kicker is he STILL VOTES REPUBLICAN? Sheesh.

Aside from your insertion about Republicans, solely, preferring us being subservient or dead I am with you. I think there is leadership on both sides of the aisle that want that. As we see from the white lady in Central Park who is a liberal. Yet many black people still vote for the Democrats.

I don't mind black folks choosing to vote Democrat if they think it is a means to an end.

I don't particularly think it will matter much to black America if either candidate wins. But I do know that this administration passed the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs. And I do know that Biden authored the Crime Bill.

I have already discussed what I think is important for strengthening the black community.

But vote for whoever you like.

I don't remember MLK ever advocating for white terrorism. He said moderates were more of a barrier for equality. There are more of them thus they hold more power in a democracy. We need their help to achieve equality but their fear of change and head in the sand response to black plight prevents them from joining us in the fight. Convincing them is more of a struggle than the KKK as an organization. That was the point. He didn't say the KKK were preferential.

You don't have to remember.

Here it is:

"I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

At no point in that quote does he say it is better to be raped and lynched than to have Sally Brubaker vote republican.

At no point in that quote does he say it is better to be raped and lynched than to have Sally Brubaker vote republican.

You're right.

He doesn't.

YOU said that.

straw man
/ˌstrô ˈman/

noun
noun: strawman
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

If we want to stop attracting some of the best software engineers in the world to the United States this is a great path to take!
If I had gotten my **** together at a younger age, I would have moved my *** to Germany.

I actually had a good opportunity to go at one point.

I mean it is far from a perfect place but they got their **** together on economics and worker rights way better than the US.

If I had gotten my **** together at a younger age, I would have moved my *** to Germany.

I mean it is far from a perfect place but they got their **** together on economics and worker rights way better than the US.
What was the reason(s) you weren't able to take that opportunity?

Yeah, Germany has its issues but it seems like a good place to live. It's on my list of places I'm considering.

What was the reason(s) you weren't able to take that opportunity?

Yeah, Germany has its issues but it seems like a good place to live. It's on my list of places I'm considering.

Family stuff

Grandmother was sick, she needed someone in the house with here. Famb couldn't afford to hire outside help. She raised me before I came to the States, so there was no way I could leave and not feel like complete trash. If she passed while I was overseas it probably would have caused a mental break for me because I was still getting over my dad passing and me not going to see him before he passed.

Now I could but at 34, with so many ties to the States, the thought of starting over in another country is less appealing.

I would encourage others to make the jump though.

Grew up over there.

No lies told.

Didn't know what came with being Black until we moved back here.

Whole different culture entirely.

Amazing what total devastation does for a nation.

Not one Nazi flag or street named after a Nazi to be found.

Meanwhile I live off a highway named after an American politician who served as the president of the Confederate States.

Grew up over there.

No lies told.

Didn't know what came with being Black until we moved back here.

Whole different culture entirely.

Amazing what total devastation does for a nation.

Not one Nazi flag or street named after a Nazi to be found.

Meanwhile I live off a highway named after an American politician who served as the president of the Confederate States.
I see where your pov comes from now.

Family stuff

Grandmother was sick, she needed someone in the house with here. Famb couldn't afford to hire outside help. She raised me before I came to the States, so there was no way I could leave and not feel like complete trash. If she passed while I was overseas it probably would have caused a mental break for me because I was still getting over my dad passing and me not going to see him before he passed.

Now I could but at 34, with so many ties to the States, the thought of starting over in another country is less appealing.

I would encourage others to make the jump though.
I'm sure it meant the world to her for you to take care of her. That's definitely something that weighs on me, like if my parents were to get really sick or pass while I'm out of the country.

Back
Top Bottom