***Official Political Discussion Thread***

my mom is a german citizen, i still need to work on getting that for myself.
Pretty sure that makes you a German citizen (or eligible to become one) as well.

Check with a local embassy, but I have heard Germany is easy to get a passport once you got the proper documentation. Don't how true that is though. Can't be any worst than the ****ing US slow *** system

If I had gotten my **** together at a younger age, I would have moved my *** to Germany.

I actually had a good opportunity to go at one point.

I mean it is far from a perfect place but they got their **** together on economics and worker rights way better than the US.
Can't get past the language. I just don't like it, and I don't like the thought of speaking it.

Pretty sure that makes you a German citizen (or eligible to become one) as well.

Check with a local embassy, but I have heard Germany is easy to get a passport once you got the proper documentation. Don't how true that is though. Can't be any worst than the ****ing US slow *** system
last time i researched it, it said it made me eligible but not a citizen automatically. my wife will never leave the town we live in, let alone the goddamn country though :lol: so not sure if its even worth the hassle :lol:

I did, but moreso the blatant racist over the moderate, ie "letting Rome burn". You've seen the potential after true chaos. I don't wholly agree, but I understand it.

The world is a BIG place.

Black people DEFINITELY need a passport.

It aint like this everywhere.

The fact of the matter is that the Confederates actually won the civil war because of politics.

Lincoln / Republicans dropped an abolitionist Vice President in favor of a racist Vice President in order to appeal to border states.

A year later the war is over, Lincoln is assassinated, and the new President starts Jim Crow.

That didnt happen in Germany.

I did, but moreso the blatant racist over the moderate, ie "letting Rome burn". You've seen the potential after true chaos. I don't wholly agree, but I understand it.
It took a national reckoning for the potential to be realized. That should have happened here with Reconstruction, but the Union forces only had a problem with slavery, not the underlying ideology that justified it. There never was a complete repudiation of the myth of race hierarchy in the US.

It took a national reckoning for the potential to be realized. That should have happened here with Reconstruction, but the Union forces only had a problem with slavery, not the underlying ideology that justified it. There never was a complete repudiation of the myth of race hierarchy in the US.
This

The failure of Reconstruction still haunts the country to this day.

Is now the time to be selfish?

Is now the time to be selfish????

giphy.gif

"I have the option to take my entire black family out of the US and sit the next four years of a Trump presidency out if things get really bad. Ice Cube and all those rich black people who are telling folks to not vote can flee to the Caribbean at a moment's notice in November. Can you?"

Strawman.

Have no idea what youre talking about - and neither does history.

We aint going NOWHERE fam! This is our country.

"Is now the time to be selfish? You can blame Obama all you want for sidestepping the racial controversies in public, but he put in place measures to reduce the negative effects of the justice system on black folks; his administration started working on the HBCU funding Trump is taking credit for. The way I look at it, somebody had to demonstrate that this country wouldn't tolerate the cleanest president (0 indictments) if he were black, and Obama did just that. In the process, he made it possible for the next Black president to be more intransigent and combative."

And how did that work out?

It's time for an agenda and policies to directly address institutionalized racism NOW!

Black people need to pull together...no more of this foolishness from Biden / DNC.

If addressing racism directly aint at the top of the list then screw em.

Better the KKK than the White Moderate.
Only someone who doesn’t understand how politics, policies, and repercussions work would say that last sentence.

A 7-2 young far right conservative Supreme Court majority, which is what would happen if trump gets 4 more years, will make it impossible for the next several future presidents (or local governments) to institute those progressive policies and agendas you’re talking about. Someone would just challenge them all the way to the court and they’d tow the party line.

“Don’t vote! That’ll show them!”in a country where numbers literally = Power is the stupidest political take you could have.

I have been drinking with German dudes when I was at Maryland, and that **** was kinda scary.

First dem fools outhchea drink beer like it is water, and they just ran a 5K. Second they started to speak German so every sentenced sounded mad aggressive, I thought **** was finna pop off

Dudes asking me if I want another drink, and I'm squaring up because it sounding like they getting spicy with me.

Come get deez hands Jan....oh, what's that.....Yeah, yeah, I'll take another Heineken. Thanks.

Last edited:
Remember that time trump posted a video that said “the only good democrat is a dead democrat”?

Why do I keep worrying myself about my Twitter likes showing thots and Chappelle show Rasheed Wallace jokes when the POTUS is posting **** like this?

If I had gotten my **** together at a younger age, I would have moved my *** to Germany.

I actually had a good opportunity to go at one point.

I mean it is far from a perfect place but they got their **** together on economics and worker rights way better than the US.

Would that mean Ninja would've had to pay international flight prices to have someone touch you up?

Only someone who doesn’t understand how politics, policies, and repercussions work would say that last sentence.

A 7-2 young far right conservative Supreme Court majority, which is what would happen if trump gets 4 more years, will make it impossible for the next several future presidents (or local governments) to institute those progressive policies and agendas you’re talking about. Someone would just challenge them all the way to the court and they’d tow the party line.

“Don’t vote! That’ll show them!”in a country where numbers literally = Power is the stupidest political take you could have.

Playing politics is what got me living off a street named after a Confederate President.

So yes - I don't understand politics or policies.

You know what I do understand?

That street sign and what it means.

Repercussions for me but not for thee.

FOH.

Aside from your insertion about Republicans, solely, preferring us being subservient or dead I am with you. I think there is leadership on both sides of the aisle that want that. As we see from the white lady in Central Park who is a liberal. Yet many black people still vote for the Democrats.

I don't mind black folks choosing to vote Democrat if they think it is a means to an end.

I don't particularly think it will matter much to black America if either candidate wins. But I do know that this administration passed the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs. And I do know that Biden authored the Crime Bill.

I have already discussed what I think is important for strengthening the black community.

But vote for whoever you like.
:lol:

I have been drinking with German dudes when I was at Maryland, and that **** was kinda scary.

First dem fools outhchea drink beer like it is water, and they just ran a 5K. Second they started to speak German so every sentenced sounded so aggressive, I thought **** was finna pop off

Dudes asking me if I want another drink, and I'm squaring up because it sounding like they getting spicy with me.

Come get deez hands Jan....oh, what's that.....Yeah, yeah, I'll take another Heineken. Thanks.

Cant drink American Beer to this day...

IMG_20200528_140609.jpg

Aside from your insertion about Republicans, solely, preferring us being subservient or dead I am with you. I think there is leadership on both sides of the aisle that want that. As we see from the white lady in Central Park who is a liberal. Yet many black people still vote for the Democrats.

I don't mind black folks choosing to vote Democrat if they think it is a means to an end.

I don't particularly think it will matter much to black America if either candidate wins. But I do know that this administration passed the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs. And I do know that Biden authored the Crime Bill.

I have already discussed what I think is important for strengthening the black community.

But vote for whoever you like.
All of those things you're crediting Trump with passing were directives and policies began under the Obama administration and STILL being opposed by the majority of republican politicians.

And to insist that Black Americans would be exactly the same, despite the clear biases and intentions of the current ruling party and plutocrat in office, is just being willfully obtuse.

Last edited:
Playing politics is what got me living off a street named after a Confederate President.

So yes - I don't understand politics or policies.

You know what I do understand?

That street sign and what it means.

Repercussions for me but not for thee.

FOH.
Ok...

So you understand that refusing to vote won't help Black people and won't result in a keepiong of status quo, **** will literally get worse very quickly?

We need to stop this myth of "Trump's tenure has been just like Obama's and will be equal to any other democrat's (or even republican's)." It's been decidedly worse and can get worse.

This is exactly what I'm getting at.

I grew up overseas, in a less favorable part of the world, under a "stable" dictatorship. In fact, it was more of a managed democracy, where elections happen but the party in power, like the president, didn't change. The guy has actually been in power longer than I've been alive. Folks stopped caring about politics, they stopped participating, they stopped everything, hoping that his death would solve things. Fast forward to today, and we've got a rebellion going on in the 2 English-speaking provinces of the country because of the ongoing discrimination against folks who originate from there. In February, there were reports of army sponsored mass killings; kids haven't been in school in 3 years. Non combatants have been forced to take refuge in the other provinces of the country, and some ended up across the border in Nigeria. All of this to say that if this is the road cats want to take (violent reprisals and armed insurrection), they need to realize that what I described above will be the likely outcome for themselves and their families.

They also need to realize that the geopolitical consequences of the break up of the US will be so great and so negative for the ability of the US government to project power globally that they can expect the kind of retaliation we have seen in Odessa, Georgia, Ukraine, or Chechnya.

To me, changing things through politics is the only way we make things better permanently (at least as long as were alive) for ourselves and our people, and unfortunately that will require some hard and uncomfortable choices.
I don't like what Joe says, but I like the prospect of 4 more years of Trump/McConnell/Barr a lot less.

Grew up over there.

No lies told.

Didn't know what came with being Black until we moved back here.

Whole different culture entirely.

Amazing what total devastation does for a nation.

Not one Nazi flag or street named after a Nazi to be found.

Meanwhile I live off a highway named after an American politician who served as the president of the Confederate States.

Think it’s also the origin of the country. This place was founded, built, and expanded on white supremacy so these people are still celebrated vs how it went down in Germany.

I live off one of those highways too. Only refer to it as Route 1. Wild thing, my country *** black father is named after a confederate general.

Back
Top Bottom