***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Delk :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1B188763-79C9-4E3F-9452-6454A7A56E29.png

Then why did the overwhelming majority of them not push for it when Obama was President. Why did they block his efforts. Why do most state and local Republicans take tough on crime stances instead supporting Obama's efforts?
Because they needed a real president like trump to show them the error of their ways, make the best deals with them, and guide them down the correct pro black path.

If republicans aren't introducing the bills, and do not intend to because they never have, how will they pass?

Um...

How do I start. Congress is bicam... nvm.

*sigh*

The First Step Act and the Fair Chance Act have been passed. And they were not introduced, initially, by Republicans.

Then why did the overwhelming majority of them not push for it when Obama was President. Why did they block his efforts. Why do most state and local Republicans take tough on crime stances instead supporting Obama's efforts?

My guess: politics.

The 180 should show that it isn't a real marriage to a particular ideology.

I think this is a perfect time to capitalize on the fact that this administration can get the measures passed.

Trump getting any blame for this George Floyd situation?

After all, he encouraged roughing up detainees.

Did you see that Trump requested that the DOJ investigate/expedite its investigation of the George Floyd situation?

It's a lot easier to vote for Joe Biden when you know that electoral politics is not the only game in town. It's a lot easier to handle Bernie losing when you know that politics is much more than bourgeoisie elections.

The path to getting what we want is direct action and organizing. Obviously easier said than done but it's the way to do it. When labor is organized, it is a more powerful force than organized capital. When people are organized and stand in solidarity for racial justice, that is a more powerful force than police unions.

Most politicians are reptilian beings who respond to threats and incentives. But with that said, Democrats, even the neoliberal ones, will respond moreso to the pressure of mass politics than will Republicans, so vote for Dems as a part of your praxis.

Um...

How do I start. Congress is bicam... nvm.

*sigh*

The First Step Act and the Fair Chance Act have been passed. And they were not introduced, initially, by Republicans.
Yes, lol. I get that.

So the plan is for democrats to introduce and champion all of the pro black legislation that only the republican president can get passed by the obstructive republican senate?

Wouldn't it be more efficient for Black people to vote as many democrats into office as possible and cut out the meddling middle man? Particularly since it was the democratic president and congress and not the republican one who introduced all of these policies in the first place?

Yes, lol. I get that.

So the plan is for democrats to introduce and champion all of the pro black legislation that only the republican president can get passed by the obstructive republican senate?

Wouldn't it be more efficient for Black people to vote as many democrats into office as possible and cut out the meddling middle man? Particularly since it was the democratic president and congress and not the republican one who introduced all of these policies in the first place?

What you said ignores that the measures couldn't get passed under the prior administration due to them being blocked to score political points.

Not so under this administration, as evidenced by the passage of those measures.

What you said ignores that the measures couldn't get passed under the prior administration due to them being blocked to score political points.

Not so under this administration, as evidenced by the passage of those measures.
Blocked by whom?

Republicans who, under Trump, do not block the measures because they fear his base.

As such, he has the ability to get the stuff passed.
Fear his base? :lol:

Dude they passed this in the lame duck session after the midterm election, where the Dems took the House. There was no way for Trump's base to hold their feet to the fire.

If this was such a priority for Trump, why did it take so long. And nothing more has been done since.

Fear his base? :lol:

Dude they passed this in the lame duck session after the midterm election, where the Dems took the House. There was no way for Trump's base to hold their feet to the fire.

If this was such a priority for Trump, why did it take so long. And nothing more has been done since.

There is no reason to believe a second step act won't be passed, considering the passage of the first.

But we will see.

Why hasn't it been passed yet, since you claim the votes are clearly there?

CARES Act, impeachment proceedings...

So your argument is not that he can't get criminal justice reform passed... but that after passing something in December 2018, he should have the second step passed by May 2020?

Come on.

So your argument is not that he can't get criminal justice reform passed... but that after passing something in December 2018, he should have the second step passed by May 2020?

Come on.
This is utter nonsense

Dude, you excuse is basically what amount to a month to 6 weeks of legislative time, maybe less.

The First Step Act came to together really fast. It would literally take at most a week to negotiate and then schedule a vote for the next week.

All those things that you have listed has not stopped the GOP from confirming judges at a staggering pace.

Trump finally got serious about Covid on March 9th, on the 27th the Cares Act was passed. That was after negotiations breaking down a couple times.

There as been ample time

Don't tell me to come on when you are pulling **** out your ***.

Do better Delk.

Come on.
To be fair though one of Trump's big campaign promises was that we would have amazing healthcare. I've only really seen Trump and the GOP try to dismantle what we already have and I haven't seen an actual plan from them.

Back
Top Bottom