***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Watch Trump try to pass another bill right before the election to win favor with black voters.

I bet if and when he does that move you dwalk31 dwalk31 will commend him instead of noticing how much sudden urgency Trump has.

This is utter nonsense

Dude, you excuse is basically what amount to a month to 6 weeks of legislative time, maybe less.

The First Step Act came to together really fast. It would literally take at most a week to negotiate and then schedule a vote for the next week.

All those things that you have listed has not stopped the GOP from confirming judges at a staggering pace.

Trump finally got serious about Covid on March 9th, on the 27th the Cares Act was passed. That was after negotiations breaking down a couple times.

There as been ample time

Don't tell me to come on when you are pulling **** out your ***.

Do better Delk.

So you think the first step act was passed, and there is vocal support for the second step act from the administration, and they are stalling it....?

If they didn't want it passed, and are unwilling to pass a second one, then why pass the first one?

Why pass the Fair Chance Act? It passed a year after the First Step Act passed.

You act as if the First Step Act was the only criminal justice reform legislation.

I can't see any reason why another piece of legislation wouldn't pass December 2020 considering prison reform legislation was passed December 2018 and December 2019 under this administration.

And when it does pass, and I post in here, you'll have some reason it doesn't count.

Watch Trump try to pass another bill right before the election to win favor with black voters.

I bet if and when he does that move you dwalk31 dwalk31 will commend him instead of noticing how much sudden urgency Trump has.

And when it passes it will be a positive. Period.

Better than it not passing under a different administration, to me.

To be fair though one of Trump's big campaign promises was that we would have amazing healthcare. I've only really seen Trump and the GOP try to dismantle what we already have and I haven't seen an actual plan from them.

Replace Obamacare with what? Weren't they saying we need to replace Obamacare back in 2016 as well?

Replace Obamacare with what? Weren't they saying we need to replace Obamacare back in 2016 as well?

According to the link, a replacement that will force insurance companies to compete for their customers with lower costs and higher-quality service.

All signs point to a plan that more closely resembles plans for car insurance.

So you think the first step act was passed, and there is vocal support for the second step act from the administration, and they are stalling it....?

If they didn't want it passed, and are unwilling to pass a second one, then why pass the first one?

Why pass the Fair Chance Act? It passed a year after the First Step Act passed.

You act as if the First Step Act was the only criminal justice reform legislation.

I can't see any reason why another piece of legislation wouldn't pass December 2020 considering prison reform legislation was passed December 2018 and December 2019 under this administration.

And when it does pass, and I post in here, you'll have some reason it doesn't count.
Dude you can't see how you own logic exposes your BS

If the GOP was motivated by politics during the Obama administration, what is to say they are not motivated by it now?

That they only pass stuff to give low information trolls like you ammo. They don't properly fund the plans, Barr cripples it within the DOJ, and Trump says not a peep about it.

According to the link, a replacement that will force insurance companies to compete for their customers with lower costs and higher-quality service.

All signs point to a plan that more closely resembles plans for car insurance.
Are there more details or just this high level overview? If it's just the high level overview that's kinda my point. We've been waiting for four years, and the GOP has had all of Obama's presidency to come up with something better.

On a separate note, what are your thoughts on the GOP's repeated attempts to repeal the ACA without a plan in place, especially considering the ACA helped lower the number of black people that are uninsured?

Dude you can't see how you own logic exposes your BS

If the GOP was motivated by politics during the Obama administration, what is to say they are not motivated by it now?

That they only pass stuff to give low information trolls like you ammo. They don't properly fund the plans, and Barr cripples it within the DOJ. And Trump says not a peep about it.

You don't see how your logic exposes your BS.

Would you rather these measures not be passed at all?

So that you can 1 up me on NT, or have an "I told you so" with folks?

You acknowledged these measures were championed prior to this administration. And there were blocked. Full stop.

Is that your preference over them being passed in the capacity they are now?

If so, we just have to agree to disagree on that.

then set aside a few hundred square miles of federal land in the midwest, with some land grants, subsidies, etc and let those of us that want to bounce - bounce.
The reason I'm not so hot about this particular idea is because of how neglected US territories with majority minority population have been historically treated by the federal government (Natives, Puerto Rico). Then again, I don't get to say much about what you want from this govt because my relationship with it is different from yours.

You don't see how your logic exposes your BS.

Would you rather these measures not be passed at all?

So that you can 1 up me on NT, or have an "I told you so" with folks?

You acknowledged these measures were championed prior to this administration. And there were blocked. Full stop.

Is that your preference over them being passed in the capacity they are now?

If so, we just have to agree to disagree on that.
I want it passed. I am saying you will not acknowledge the political games Trump and the GOP is playing if they pull that move.

I want large scale change, that is why I want a Dem president, Dem House, Dem Senate, drop the fillibuster, and a liberal SCOTUS

That combination will bring about more change than hoping and praying Trump's vile *** is convinced by his son in law that he could do this just for political gain.

So I am working toward a majority that will bring some real structural change.

Famb, you spew nonsense on the daily and whenever the topic turns to the actual inner workings of policy you run, and deflect. I don't need to do anything to appear to one up you. You make yourself look foolish daily.

Are there more details or just this high level overview? If it's just the high level overview that's kinda my point. We've been waiting for four years, and the GOP has had all of Obama's presidency to come up with something better.

On a separate note, what are your thoughts on the GOP's repeated attempts to repeal the ACA without a plan in place, especially considering the ACA helped lower the number of black people that are uninsured?

Just that high level view, for now.

I think we confuse health insurance with access to healthcare. As a threshold issue that is a problematic conflation.

I think that even without a plan in place the access to healthcare will still be there. Being insured vs. being uninsured isn't as great a deal as one might think.

Great you have insurance, can you pay the deductible?

Does your insurance cover what you want, etc.?

People go to emergency rooms and urgent care without insurance all the time.

I understand the goal of the ACA. And I respect President Obama for getting it passed.

I would like a plan in place prior to it being fully repealed, and all signs point to that happening.

What you said ignores that the measures couldn't get passed under the prior administration due to them being blocked to score political points.

Not so under this administration, as evidenced by the passage of those measures.
So you're voting for people who will take the legislative process hostage and slow down the amount of bills that could get passed instead of voting for those who won't play politics with people's lives.

But you also care about those people's lives that the politicians you support want to use as chess pieces.

You're an idiot.

I want it passed. I am saying you will not acknowledge the political games Trump and the GOP is playing if they pull that move.

I want large scale change, that is why I want a Dem president, Dem House, Dem Senate, drop the fillibuster, and a liberal SCOTUS

That combination will bring about more change than hoping and praying Trump's vile *** is convinced by his son in law that he could do this just for political gain.

So I am working toward a majority that will bring some real structural change.

Famb, you spew nonsense on the daily and whenever the topic turns to the actual inner workings of policy you run, and deflect. I don't need to do anything to appear to one up you. You make yourself look foolish daily.

Assuming arguendo that your idea of a Dem House, Senate and presidency will be better:

I don't think it will happen.

The better odds are that republicans will win one of those.

As such, I think the more pragmatic approach is to support an administration that can get the measures passed.

I think we confuse health insurance with access to healthcare. As a threshold issue that is a problematic conflation.

I think that even without a plan in place the access to healthcare will still be there. Being insured vs. being uninsured isn't as great a deal as one might think.

I understand the goal of the ACA. And I respect President Obama for getting it passed.

I would like a plan in place prior to it being fully repealed, and all signs point to that happening.
They tried to pass a plan, the CBO said it would cause more deaths and raise cost for people with pre-existing conditions.

The economics of it said it would make insurance more expensive and cut off care from people.

So please, if you want to discuss the economics of health insurance and healthcare I am game. But we all know you will tap out of the conversation real ****ing quick.

So you're voting for people who will take the legislative process hostage and slow down the amount of bills that could get passed instead of voting for those who won't play politics with people's lives.

But you also care about those people's lives that the politicians you support want to use as chess pieces.

You're an idiot.

I'm voting for the administration that I think can get the measures I find important passed.

And I won't call you a name.

They tried to pass a plan, the CBO said it would cause more deaths and raise cost for people with pre-existing conditions.

The economics of it said it would make insurance more expensive and cut off care from people.

So please, if you want to discuss the economics of health insurance and healthcare I am game. But we all know you will tap out of the conversation real ****ing quick.

I don't know enough about the economics. So I defer to you on that. No issue deferring to you on it.

Assuming arguendo that your idea of a Dem House, Senate and presidency will be better:

I don't think it will happen.

The better odds are that republicans will win one of those.

As such, I think the more pragmatic approach is to support an administration that can get the measures passed.
Dems lead in polls in the presidential race

Dems lead the generic ballot by 8 points

Dems have a shot at CO, MI, AZ, NC. Even if they lose AL, that is enough to take the Senate.

So they have a chance, and support broader programs, so I will support them.

I will never think it is pragmatic to support a bigot like Trump because he might be able to get through a few compromised bills, given all the other things he does, and the other areas where he is regressive on criminal justice. Why would you do that anyway, that would make you a single issue voter

Dems lead in polls in the presidential race

Dems lead the generic ballot by 8 points

Dems have a shot at CO, MI, AZ, NC. Even if they lose AL, that is enough to take the Senate.

So they have a chance, and support broader programs, so I will support them.

I will never think it is pragmatic to support a bigot like Trump because he might be able to get through a few compromised bills, given all the other things he does, and the other areas where he is regressive on criminal justice. Why would you do that anyway, that would make you a single issue voter

Nope, not at all. I also support de-regulation generally and I am pro-life to name a few other issues supported by this administration.

And I respect your choice. When the Dems don't win all three you will be here with egg on your face.

And we will have another situation of great ideas that can't get passed because of congressional grid-lock... woo hoo.

Being insured vs. being uninsured isn't as great a deal as one might think.
Why are you lying so much and so brazenly, dude?

There are statistics and anecdotal stories throughout this thread that prove otherwise. Americans travel to Mexico for dental care and to Canada for insulin. That's quite a big deal.

Then I think it's fair to criticize the GOP regarding what they say they will do and what they actually do. They've had 12 years to come up with a better healthcare solution, and we don't even have concrete ideas from them. I don't think it's unreasonable to be skeptical that they will continue to churn out criminal justice reform.

Speaking from personal experience, I strongly disagree that being insured vs being uninsured isn't as great of a deal. Someone close to me would have had a life threatening illness had they not had basic preventive coverage from their health insurance.

But..but...but... I thought Trump didn't have a plan?

Are you saying he has a plan?
Trump and the GOP tried to push through an ACA repeal in 2017. John McCain stopped it.

You're forgetting that Delk?

Trump doesn't have a plan to make the situation better. He has plan to make it worse, he already tried it and got blocked by a Republican.

Plus he is trying to end the ACA through the courts too.

Try again troll

Back
Top Bottom