***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You are right Delk, I have zero experience in this area. As for your question about whether it’s a hobby or qualifying business, I’ve included the test from the IRS for you.

54DC1A7D-7A46-4B0B-B2E4-49D5DB6D97EC.jpeg

I’m guessing you do very few of these things, but again, I know very little about how this **** works and have never run into this in practice.

Given that I know you are a lawyer, I know you don’t depend on the income. Given that you don’t know the difference between profit and loss, I can tell you probably are not keeping financial statements. Knowing you are white I know that you don’t have sufficient knowledge of the business.

If this makes you feel better about stealing money from real businesses who have real employees who depend on the business to provide them a paycheck then whatever, you do you.

I'm not going to go through the IRS factor test with you to demonstrate that my business is a business lol.

I don't need your approval for a $1000 advance on a business loan, that I don't need to repay, that the sba already approved me for.

Sadly, you made a bunch of assumptions about my buying and selling. Because you know that I am black, I hope these weren't racist assumptions.

In your world, uber drivers that have regular jobs or shipt shoppers aren't independent contractors that the sba loan/advance was intended for.

I respect your opinion, but it is factually inaccurate.

The fact that you do taxes for a living makes this even more ridiculous. Do you make sweeping assumptions with your clients before finding the facts? Do you base this on the way they look?

I'm not going to go through the IRS factor test with you to demonstrate that my business is a business lol.

I don't need your approval for a $1000 advance on a business loan, that I don't need to repay, that the sba already approved me for.

Sadly, you made a bunch of assumptions about my buying and selling. Because you know that I am black, I hope these weren't racist assumptions.

In your world, uber drivers that have regular jobs or shipt shoppers aren't independent contractors that the sba loan/advance was intended for.

The fact that you do taxes for a living makes this even more ridiculous. Do you make sweeping assumptions with your clients before finding the facts? Do you base this on the way they look?

FOH :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope you sleep well tonight knowing someone isn’t getting a paycheck because you took some money not intended for you

If only they’d made it clearer.

F070B696-F3AE-4909-AD05-87601C9AD0A9.jpeg

Reminder:

This isn't even the same loan/advance I don't think. The EIDL Advance is not the PPP

Did you fraudulently obtain PPP funds? I think your local bar would like to know. Please let us know which jurisdiction you're licensed in so we can report you. I know of companies and individuals that are getting investigated for scamming the system. Hopefully Meth saves your posts just like he did datznasty datznasty just in case.

Did you fraudulently obtain PPP funds? I think your local bar would like to know. Please let us know which jurisdiction you're licensed in so we can report you. I know of companies and individuals that are getting investigated for scamming the system. Hopefully Meth saves your posts just like he did datznasty datznasty just in case.

I didn't get a PPP loan. And I am licensed in two states. Fraud is a significant accusation based on nothing.

But go wild.

I didn't get a PPP loan. And I am licensed in two states. Fraud is a significant accusation based on nothing.

But go wild.

I'm sure your local bar will be interested. Pedo Apologist and Fraud Artist. Your lack of character knows no bounds.

I'm sure your local bar will be interested. Pedo Apologist and Fraud Artist. Your lack of character knows no bounds.

Welp, this is going to be about as ridiculous as the Roy Moore nonsense :lol:, but no big deal.

Feel free to report me to the bar for the 1k sba advance lol

I wonder where is got that idea from since you posted this

B3B86F08-300F-4E79-8503-77B172150C30.jpeg

In response to a bunch of tweets about
this

F7737053-A2F6-4DFC-AE38-B60EEE60CE01.jpeg

But you as a lawyer taking funds from businesses that actually need it is still laughable considering your stance on welfare

I take it that you haven't looked at the Niketalk thread I was referencing

You thinking I was talking about the PPP loan makes your wild assumptions more understandable considering that I don't have employees.

My stance on welfare, again, is not to get rid of it but to institute stricter time limits as I think it would better empower people that look like me.

The narrative that I have pushed that we need to get rid of welfare altogether is simply inaccurate

I take it that you haven't looked at the Niketalk thread I was referencing

You thinking I was talking about the PPP loan makes your wild assumptions more understandable considering that I don't have employees.

My stance on welfare, again, is not to get rid of it but to institute stricter time limits as I think it would better empower people that look like me.

The narrative that I have pushed that we need to get rid of welfare altogether is simply inaccurate

No offense to niketalk, but I’m generally not getting my business, legal, or tax advice from a shoe website.

That being said, you as a lawyer who has a part time hobby selling dunks is taking money from organizations such as this:

BA9B4BE5-8A9A-46CE-BC5C-E3AC2A70017E.png

No offense to niketalk, but I’m generally not getting my business, legal, or tax advice from a shoe website.

That being said, you as a lawyer who has a part time hobby selling dunks is taking money from organizations such as this:

I don't generally get that type of advice from here. But you posting that advice is. . . ironic :lol:

That said, I think it is safe to say you made a bunch of assumptions based on a faulty premise that got us to this point.

I understand if you think it is "wrong" for me to receive the funding.

You would probably think the type of law I practice representing businesses is "wrong" too.

This isn't even the same loan/advance I don't think. The EIDL Advance is not the PPP
Allow me to update my prior post then.

3DB0330A-E942-4748-B1BF-4021D8174C18.jpeg

This advance is designed to provide economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue.

Ah, so your unincorporated sneaker reselling business suffered temporarily reduced sales due to massive joblessness and a mounting homelessness crisis? How tragic.

We could only describe your situation as an “economic injury disaster loan emergency.”

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this, your hour of need.

Allow me to update my prior post then.

3DB0330A-E942-4748-B1BF-4021D8174C18.jpeg

Ah, so your unincorporated sneaker reselling business suffered temporarily reduced sales due to massive joblessness and a mounting homelessness crisis? How tragic.

We could only describe your situation as an “economic injury disaster loan emergency.”

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this, your hour of need.

Perhaps gripes are better placed with Congress and/or the SBA.

Faulting businesses that qualify for the funding, for applying (being approved) and receiving the funding--seems odd.

I don't generally get that type of advice from here. But you posting that advice is. . . ironic :lol:

That said, I think it is safe to say you made a bunch of assumptions based on a faulty premise that got us to this point.

I understand if you think it is "wrong" for me to receive the funding.

You would probably think the type of law I practice representing businesses is "wrong" too.

The only assumption I made about you was you took money from other small businesses who needed it when you, yourself did not need it. I made this assumption based on numerous comments you have made about income classes in America and how you felt certain class incomes were too low or that you were clearly not in said class (at one point I posted an article showing the average tax cut was 1,050 for those making between 40 and 90k, and you responded definitively that you were not in that income class and you have taken many offense at me calling people making $250k rich). Based on these posts, I’ve assumed you make over six figures and were largely unaffected by this downturn like many businesses who are barely struggling to survive. Based on these posts, I’ve come to the conclusion that you are a scumbag and someone isn’t eating tonight because of you.

If I am wrong in these assumptions based on your previous posts and you are truly relying on that money to pay your mortgage/food, I do apologize.

I don’t not take issue with you being a defense lawyer. I think it’s a very much needed field of practice.

I take issue with well off people complaining about poor people receiving assistance while being the first to take assistance they certainly do not need. I take issue with this type of hypocrisy in its finest form.

The only assumption I made about you was you took money from other small businesses who needed it when you, yourself did not need it. I made this assumption based on numerous comments you have made about income classes in America and how you felt certain class incomes were too low or that you were clearly not in said class (at one point I posted an article showing the average tax cut was 1,050 for those making between 40 and 90k, and you responded definitively that you were not in that income class and you have taken many offense at me calling people making $250k rich). Based on these posts, I’ve assumed you make over six figures and were largely unaffected by this downturn like many businesses who are barely struggling to survive. Based on these posts, I’ve come to the conclusion that you are a scumbag and someone isn’t eating tonight because of you.

If I am wrong in these assumptions based on your previous posts and you are truly relying on that money to pay your mortgage/food, I do apologize.

I don’t not take issue with you being a defense lawyer. I think it’s a very much needed field of practice.

I take issue with well off people complaining about poor people receiving assistance while being the first to take assistance they certainly do not need. I take issue with this type of hypocrisy in its finest form.

You made assumptions about my sneaker/streetwear sales, whether I pay taxes on them, the time I spend doing it, my intent on making a profit from it, etc.

Yes, I am fortunate to have an income above the level I stated based on my career. I also am fortunate to still be able to work from home and did not need to rely on this advance for household expenses. Not denying any of that.

But needing to rely on it for household expenses wasn't a part of the eligibility requirements.

Back
Top Bottom