***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I unblocked Delk just to see what was up. Holy smokes. You guys entertain that guy so much he probably feels like a local celebrity. This thread is trash with him unblocked. It’s like spending your day arguing with a wall.
It's like spending your day arguing with a lib.

Whatever it takes, man. That's what makes him a winner. PPP your stockx side hustle if you have to. Murder your troops if Putin puts a bounty on them.

So much for “cough in my face bro”

I’m still voting trump, future said it best. “Mask off” no truer words have ever been spoken. I will not be oppressed by a mask while I’m shopping for mulch for my yard. No way.

I didn’t wear a mask in the coal mines and I’m not about to start now. The masks are all about government control! If you can smell a fart through your pants you can catch the wuhan hoax through your lib face mask!

TRUMP POWRRRR!

I understand your gripe. It is just better aimed at congress/the SBA. And just as a point of information it says "[t]his advance is designed to provide economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue."

Republicans: Regulation is bad! You can't legislate morality!

Also Republicans: If you didn't want us to behave unethically, you should've made it illegal.

raw

So much for “cough in my face bro”

I’m still voting trump, future said it best. “Mask off” no truer words have ever been spoken. I will not be oppressed by a mask while I’m shopping for mulch for my yard. No way.

I didn’t wear a mask in the coal mines and I’m not about to start now. The masks are all about government control! If you can smell a fart through your pants you can catch the wuhan hoax through your lib face mask!

TRUMP POWRRRR!
DON'T YOU WORRY, COMRADE. That was just some Sarcasm to Trigger the libs.

Let me break it down: MASK = Mobile Armored Strike Kommand. Sounds LAME and BAD.

The enemy of the mask is VENOM, aka Vicious Evil Network of Mayhem. Sounds like something awesome that President Putin would come up with. That's where my loyalties lay. Down with MASK!

Now, come over here and COMB

Cough on me, Bro!

It’s perfectly legal for a millionaire to scrape every last coin out of a “leave a penny, take a penny” tray at a convenience store, then swing by the local soup kitchen for a free meal.

Most people, however, possess a sense of ethics that exist independently of what the law allows.
if its legal
then whats the issue
:nerd:

I for one give no dambs what anyone does to the "system", whether it's falsifying info to get more money or finding loopholes to qualify for things they shouldn't be qualified for. Would I do it? No, because I'm not built like that.

However, I feel most peoples anger when hearing things like this stem from the perception between "white collar" system milking and the "blue collar" correspondent.

If someone lies on their welfare form to get an extra $200 a week, or if someone falsified something on a food stamp document to get a little extra, people bash them for taking advantage. They should work harder, they should stop stealing taxpayer money, etc.

Yet, if there's the white collar version of this, such as people with millions applying for PPP because they don't wanna dive into their savings, or if someone pretends to be injured to collect disability and chill with their kids, or someone taking a $1000 grant because "why not?" It's not perceived with the same disgust or judgment.

Even if it's not legal, but you think it should be legal
then what's the issue?

amirite alan?

IMO there are some good arguments for the Federal age of consent to be 16. There’s the fact that’s already the age of consent in many States and other OECD countries have that as the age of consent as well. There are arguments that can be based on the burdens that 16 and 17 year olds bear including adult criminal liability and taxation. You could point out that current age of consent laws do not apply to married people and the legal age for marriage is way below 16 let alone 18. As a result, age of consent laws are more about empowering parents to control the sexuality of their children (Including forced marriage of pubescent children) rather than shielding them from sex entirely.

Those are valid arguments but Dersh, being dersh opted for the “slutty Lolitas can get abortions so I should get to f them.” It’s like, they got something so they must give me something.

Also, from what we know Dersh has ambitions of sex with people who are way younger than 16.

However, I feel most peoples anger when hearing things like this stem from the perception between "white collar" system milking and the "blue collar" correspondent.
It has more to do with the hypocrisy of Republicans and fiscal conservatives when it comes to government spending. Their partaking in the "fraud" reveals that greed, not thrift, is the underlying reason why they support austerity measures. At least, libertarians are honest about why they support smaller government.

I for one give no dambs what anyone does to the "system", whether it's falsifying info to get more money or finding loopholes to qualify for things they shouldn't be qualified for. Would I do it? No, because I'm not built like that.

If someone lies on their welfare form to get an extra $200 a week, or if someone falsified something on a food stamp document to get a little extra, people bash them for taking advantage. They should work harder, they should stop stealing taxpayer money, etc.

Yet, if there's the white collar version of this, such as people with millions applying for PPP because they don't wanna dive into their savings, or if someone pretends to be injured to collect disability and chill with their kids, or someone taking a $1000 grant because "why not?" It's not perceived with the same disgust or judgment.

It has more to do with the hypocrisy of Republicans and fiscal conservatives when it comes to government spending. Their partaking in the "fraud" reveals that greed, not thrift, is the underlying reason why they support austerity measures. At least, libertarians are honest about why they support smaller government.

It seems that the issue is that you are conflating fraud (lying, falsifying records, etc.) with simply being eligible for a program.

If someone is eligible for a program and they receive the benefit there is no issue with them taking the benefit. If you disagree with the eligibility then the gripe is better placed with congress or, in the case of the PPP and EIDL advance/loan, with the SBA.

For example: If a wireless carrier offers $500 for me to switch to them, and I take it, but I don't need the money... is it fraud? Of course not.

Car insurance companies reduced insurance premiums due to COVID. I received a reduction, is that fraud? No.

My Amex platinum, is now giving out $40/month in credits for wireless service and streaming services, $200 in credits in August for travel. Is taking advantage of the additional credits unethical because I don't need $40/month? Of course not.

Do I need these discounts to survive? No. Is taking advantage of them unethical? No.

Is lying about your income to get a credit card unethical/illegal? yes.

That's the difference.

If you disagree with the eligibility requirements, fine. But your disgust is misplaced.

My Amex platinum, is now giving out $40/month in credits for wireless service and streaming services, $200 in credits in August for travel. Is taking advantage of the additional credits unethical because I don't need $40/month? Of course not
Jesus :lol:. You pay AMEX for a yearly membership. This is an additional perk. This is an absolutely nonsensical parallel.

Sidenote, I had a friend who received a stimulus check earlier in the year because she hadn’t filed their taxes yet, so the IRS was basing her income off of her stub year after graduating from law school. She turned around and donated her stimulus check to a family in need during this time, as she realized that the intent of the stimulus was not for people like her. Of course, this isn’t required, but when people like DWalk flaunt getting a $1000 check for selling while tons of Black small businesses who haven’t received them are floundering, it definitely stands out.

Jesus :lol:. You pay AMEX for a yearly membership. This is an additional perk. This is an absolutely nonsensical parallel.

I also pay taxes, yearly. Substantially more than I pay for my amexes.

Sidenote, I had a friend who received a stimulus check earlier in the year because she hadn’t filed their taxes yet, so the IRS was basing her income off of her stub year after graduating from law school. She turned around and donated her stimulus check to a family in need during this time, as she realized that the intent of the stimulus was not for people like her. Of course, this isn’t required, but when people like DWalk flaunt getting a $1000 check for selling while tons of Black small businesses who haven’t received them are floundering, it definitely stands out.

I also donate. . . but that is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

And no one was flaunting $1000 :lol:

The post was in response to a comment that Kanye received a PPP loan as if not personally needing an SBA loan/grant means that your business is somehow ineligible for it.

Did your friend's law firm get a PPP loan? I'll wait. . .

Was it substantially more than the stimulus check she qualified for based on her law school income? Does she refuse the salary she is able to maintain because of said PPP loan?

The hypocrisy in here is unreal

Obviously congress/the sba believe that small businesses create value to the economy that is worth the grant/loan. The gripe is misplaced.

Do I need these discounts to survive? No. Is taking advantage of them unethical? No.
By chance, are the sign-up bonuses offered by your wireless carrier and credit card provider funded by taxpayers as part of a limited emergency disaster relief program that has received far more applications than available resources? If not, this isn't the best comparison.

Nearly 20 million Americans are facing eviction due to COVID-19 - a crisis that Black renters are twice as likely to experience as White renters. You admittedly face no meaningful financial hardship due to the pandemic. No employee paychecks are at stake. You're not in danger of missing a mortgage payment.

The EIDL program offers EMERGENCY loans intended for business purposes. It's not just "free money" doled out to anyone with an eBay account.

iu

3.3. RESTRICTIONS ON APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY You should determine the eligibility of the owner prior to addressing the credit worthiness of the applicants and the repayment of the loan.

A. Businesses Considered as Hobbies: Some endeavors constitute hobbies of the owner even though they are organized as a business. As hobbies, they are not eligible for physical loss or EIDL assistance. If you have reason to believe that an endeavor is in fact a hobby, determine if IRS has reviewed the business status. In the absence of an IRS review, consider whether the business is properly licensed by appropriate authorities, and whether reasonable efforts have been made to operate as a business rather than a hobby.

You're bragging about accepting an improper loan advance for $1,000 like it's a come up.

This ain't it.

Back
Top Bottom