***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Holy Coal!!! This song is sicccccc, boyyyyyy!!!! Somebody get Patriot J some extra butter for his biscuit!!!!

412397-200px.jpeg

"just dropped this sic beat he wrote" :emoji_frowning2:

It's actually very simple. The GOP didn't attack Tulsi on the racial angle, and since her animosity has mostly been directed at Muslims, they have no need to highlight that. Believe or not, their messaging reaches the ears of the leftist base better than the Democratic messaging apparatus, so we get cats on our side who believe what GOP says; that's how you see them rambling about Black on Black crime, Joe Biden's alleged incoherence, and the failure of Democratic cities.

In war, if you make your enemy believe what you say, you control the message; through messaging (propaganda), you can direct their attention where you want in order to hide what you're doing against them; you can even get their own people to fight FOR you. That's why the first target of insurgents is always TV and radio stations. This is how you get cats who swear they are on the left of Biden/Harris to support Gabbard, who's actually closer to the GOP than anyone else in the primaries.

I may be reading this incorrectly but are you saying that the left largely supports Tulsi Gabbard? Sure, we liked it when she helps the left such as when she endorsed Bernie in 2016, pointed out Harris’ horrendous approach to criminal justice and when she points out that there ought to be more to the US foreign policy toolkit than bombings, sanctions and regime change.

But ultimately she is not part of the left and her implicit racism, homophobia and the fact that she’s still very hawkish and pro capitalist made her a non starter. If she were of the left and popular on the left, she’d have gotten more votes. As it stood, Bernie got almost every left vote because he was the only left candidate.

I may be reading this incorrectly but are you saying that the left largely supports Tulsi Gabbard?
Not what I'm saying.
I'm saying that because GOP arguments against Democrats come so easily out the mouths of leftists, people like Tulsi are able to fool some on the left of Democrats into supporting her, when she exhibits a behavior that places her firmly on the conservative side.

My more general point is that using the GOP talking points to attack centrist/moderate Democrats validates the GOP position on policies and does nothing to highlight leftist solutions. Yes, the attacks may hurt Democrats, but they do so for the benefit of the Right wing as the left of the Democratic party gets **** on by the voting public when it finds out about their proposals.

Not a single forward criminal justice reform goal, as any reasonable person would expect

-Fully fund and hire more law enforcement officers
-Increase criminal penalties for assaults on law enforcement officers
-Prosecute drive-by shootings as domestic terrorism
-Bring violent extremist groups like Antifa to justice
-End cashless bail and keep ‘dangerous criminals’ locked up until trial

Not what I'm saying.
I'm saying that because GOP arguments against Democrats come so easily out the mouths of leftists, people like Tulsi are able to fool some on the left of Democrats into supporting her, when she exhibits a behavior that places her firmly on the conservative side.

My more general point is that using the GOP talking points to attack centrist/moderate Democrats validates the GOP position on policies and does nothing to highlight leftist solutions. Yes, the attacks may hurt Democrats, but they do so for the benefit of the Right wing as the left of the Democratic party gets **** on by the voting public when it finds out about their proposals.
A scammer like Tulsi can easily do that because a lot leftist media signal boost right wing talking points against the Dems. They create a ton of marks.

From Jimmy Dore, The Young turks, Secular Talk, Chapo, Krystal Ball, The Breuings, Michael Brooks (rip), Nathan Robinson, Krystal Balls' sucka *** and many others. Some are way worse than others, but when their arguments needs extra legs, they just sprinkle on some right wing talking points.

Red Rose Twitter is full of dudes that don't want to accept that a ton of Tulsi's criticism of the Democratic Party are in bad faith, because it opens the door to the possibility her endorsement of Bernie was not done on principle, it was just part of the scam, and they fell for it.

Last edited:
Trump has posted his second term "agenda"

This is especially interesting...

DEFEND OUR POLICE

• Fully Fund and Hire More Police and Law Enforcement Officers
  • Increase Criminal Penalties for Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
  • Prosecute Drive-By Shootings as Acts of Domestic Terrorism
  • Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
  • End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial
This is the part about criminal justice. dwalk31 dwalk31 something must be wrong, there is no mention of the famed "Second Step Act"

Also on the final point, Trump is against ending cash bail. Cash Bail in practice in one of the most racist components of the criminal justice system. In discussions with Methodical Management Methodical Management , guess who was trumpeting his support for the end of cash bail.....

It is definitely possible that I would have. I agree with her positions on criminal justice reform. Especially her stance on the elimination of cash bail.

But the man who claims to be all about criminal justice reform, is still gonna vote for Trump even after he reaffirms his intention to pursue regressive tough-on-crime policies. Ain't that right Delk.

Last edited:
Claudia Conway getting her mom to split from the White House for the sake of her family is proof that younger generations need to speak up more. There's too many Thanksgiving dinners where people hear Uncle Vinny saying how much he hates certain races while everyone ignores him to avoid conflict. Call these racist MFers out. Put pressure on them that you have no issue distancing from them if they continue their racist political views.

Not saying disown your mom if she voted for Trump but if you have family who's political agendas have racial undertones, don't hesitate to let them know you're ready to avoid them for life if they don't stop this bigotry. People are more likely to see the err in their ways when you prove it's garbage.

Not what I'm saying.

As far as Tulsi goes, she could very well a plant and she could contribute to demobilization among the Democratic coalition.

More broadly though, leftists have critiques that can sound like GOP talking points on the surface but are quite distinct. The right thinks that Democratic politicians and Hollywood big shots, who donate to Democrats, are all sexual predators. The left points out that the richer and more well connected you are, vice laws don’t apply to you so there are some powerful Democratic Politicians and Donors who are pedophiles or ephebophiles and they can satisfy their desires and neither they nor the pimps, of whom they availed themselves, face any significant threat of punishment. In capitalism, the rich are above the law. So the left might say “check the flight logs” and the right might “say check the flight logs” but we mean two different things.

Also, whatever demobilization of the left Tulsi might do, will be minuscule compared to the demobilization that will result from mainstream Democrats pushing actual rightwing talking points including the notion that the architects of the Iraq War were good trust worthy citizens and those who opposed the war were cranks and useful idiots.

GOP doing all this and yet ....

You got folks a few pages back talking about "both sides are bad/the same" and how the the Dems aren't taking action, like with qualified immunity, when clearly there is plenty of information out there which Methodical Management Methodical Management easily put forth.

But then it all makes sense after reading what gry60 gry60 wrote. Clearly we have folks that are misinformed, miseducated, obtuse, etc.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford you're doing a great job fighting the good fight and maybe some will realize the error of their ways and actually vote in their best interests...

But as we all know cognitive dissonance is at an all time high and there is a large segment of folks who can never admit when they are wrong / can't adjust their stance when new information is observed/provided.

Trump has posted his second term "agenda"

This is especially interesting...

DEFEND OUR POLICE

• Fully Fund and Hire More Police and Law Enforcement Officers
  • Increase Criminal Penalties for Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
  • Prosecute Drive-By Shootings as Acts of Domestic Terrorism
  • Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
  • End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial
This is the part about criminal justice. dwalk31 dwalk31 something must be wrong, there is no mention of the famed "Second Step Act"

Also on the final point, Trump is against ending cash bail. Cash Bail in practice in one of the most racist components of the criminal justice system. In discussions with Methodical Management Methodical Management , guess who was trumpeting his support for the end of cash bail.....

But the man who claims to be all about criminal justice reform, is still gonna vote for Trump even after he reaffirms his intention to pursue regressive tough-on-crime policies. Ain't that right Delk.

Do i really live in a bubble. I dont even consume the major media outlets sans bbc world and rt, and the occassional libnews cesspool that is washpost.
But in seriousness, how can anyone say we are better off now than even the last 6 months?

man i need to engage with more racist to understand and see what they see.

Does Shorty live with her parents? ...Like she down the hall from em slandering her ppls on twitter consistently, then they meet up for dinner ? :lol:
To me the more wild aspect is that the husband also is against trump and formed a watch dog group. Wtf, the wife lowkey throwing shots at her husband on behalf of trump

That’s not even fit to be in a script

To me the more wild aspect is that the husband also is against trump and formed a watch dog group. Wtf, the wife lowkey throwing shots at her husband on behalf of trump

That’s not even fit to be in a script
:lol: That household is a damn mess, surprised it took this long for them to try to “work” on their family ...The timing checks out tho, Trump might be outta here in a few months anyway so they making moves

tulsi and her dad (state senator mike gabbard) are only democrats because that’s what you need to be in hawaii to win most of the time. tulsi only won because her opponent, mayor hanneman, became hated for pushing a high speed rail on the state.

both of them have ties to the hare krishnas that they keep on the low - the dad is in it more than his daughter i think.

Do i really live in a bubble. I dont even consume the major media outlets sans bbc world and rt, and the occassional libnews cesspool that is washpost.
But in seriousness, how can anyone say we are better off now than even the last 6 months?

man i need to engage with more racist to understand and see what they see.

they’re just looking at the stock market, and thinking that makes everything better.

Back
Top Bottom