***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm glad Chotiner DESTROYED this pro-looting lib. Caught her in a bunch of lies, got her saying small business owners are equivalent to slaveowners, couldn't get her to say that rich white people looting black-owned stores is bad, and then ended with this lady selling an anti-capitalist pro-looting book. What a joke you libbies are:

Got to be serious, for a minute.

- Chattel Slavery is not the same as wage labor, wage labor is a much better position to be in than that of a slave. There is a commonality though and it applies to all the slaves, serfs and wage laborer through out history. Your labor produces value, you get back a share of that value. The slave owner, the feudal lord or the boss gets value that they did not work for. Labor produces all the value and labor never gets all of that value. The degrees of human and civil rights afforded to laborers through out history has varied widely but that dynamic is there under slavery, feudalism or capitalism. Under capitalism it doesn't matter if you're Jeff Bezos or you own a small shop, the dynamic is the same.

As a matter of praxis, the left should focus on the "commanding heights" of the economy. So we should focus on finance, transportation and logistics, education, media, healthcare and manufacturing and that means seizing the means of production from big business. But ultimately, we'd want to end the employer-employee relationship.

- The interviewer reminds me of someone who is like "ok, so if racism is power plus prejudice, what if a white person gets jumped by ten black Israelites, wouldn't that be an example of black racism?" The interviewer is desperate to see a situation where someone of the hegemonic class (a very small holding capitalist in this instance) being victimized by someone of the subordinate class (a well paid worker, in this instance). All the legalized violence and exploitation by the capitalist class is fine as long a theoretical bond trader gets off work in the financial district, changes into his his Antifa "uniform" and breaks the windows of a black owned store.

As a practical matter, that situation isn't going to happen. The main body of protesters are from the community in which they are protesting. Some white people have joined, including some white people with good jobs. However, they have been taking the lead of the mostly black and brown and local leadership so if a business gets selected to be looted, it had a history of wronging the local community. This is not done randomly.

- As to the last point, while some leftists don't hurt for money due to a trust fund/Soros bucks, some leftists got to pay the bills though, so sell that book, queen.

I'm glad Chotiner DESTROYED this pro-looting lib. Caught her in a bunch of lies, got her saying small business owners are equivalent to slaveowners, couldn't get her to say that rich white people looting black-owned stores is bad, and then ended with this lady selling an anti-capitalist pro-looting book. What a joke you libbies are:

I am not even gonna check, I am just gonna assume Vicky is white.

Edit: I checked, yep, just like I thought.

However, they have been taking the lead of the mostly black and brown and local leadership so if a business gets selected to be looted, it had a history of wronging the local community. This is not done randomly.
Yes and no. Where I live, both big chain stores but also local small businesses were looted too. I'm sure there are cases where looters targeted particular stores based on socioeconomic inequalities. But I saw a minority-owned local shop with a BLM sign looted too, alongside everything else, for example.

The lesson I came away with from the interview is that a lot of paradoxes arise if you take the extreme position. That's where a lot of the lol/smh moments from Isaac's interview came from. And while I can envision a future where there is no longer an employer-employee dynamic, it also requires radical changes across all aspects of society. You have to break an egg to make an omelette, sure, but if you don't have a frypan ready, you're just wasting eggs.

- As to the last point, while some leftists don't hurt for money due to a trust fund/Soros bucks, some leftists got to pay the bills though, so sell that book, queen.
It just seems hypocritical for her to participate in the system she's also saying is so bad that it justifies any action to destroy it. She didn't seem too happy with Isaac's suggestion that people loot her books rather than pay for it.

Another way to say all this, which you get at when you say "the left should focus on the "commanding heights" of the economy", is that focusing the debate on whether all looting is justified is counterproductive when there are plenty of other targets that a) have the support of the majority and b) will make a bigger impact without inadvertently harming those you're trying to build a coalition with.

D26CDF77-D707-4BA8-B143-59C9E216F253.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes and no. Where I live, both big chain stores but also local small businesses were looted too. I'm sure there are cases where looters targeted particular stores based on socioeconomic inequalities. But I saw a minority-owned local shop with a BLM sign looted too, alongside everything else, for example.

The lesson I came away with from the interview is that a lot of paradoxes arise if you take the extreme position. That's where a lot of the lol/smh moments from Isaac's interview came from. And while I can envision a future where there is no longer an employer-employee dynamic, it also requires radical changes across all aspects of society. You have to break an egg to make an omelette, sure, but if you don't have a frypan ready, you're just wasting eggs.

It just seems hypocritical for her to participate in the system she's also saying is so bad that it justifies any action to destroy it. She didn't seem too happy with Isaac's suggestion that people loot her books rather than pay for it.

Another way to say all this, which you get at when you say "the left should focus on the "commanding heights" of the economy", is that focusing the debate on whether all looting is justified is counterproductive when there are plenty of other targets that a) have the support of the majority and b) will make a bigger impact without inadvertently harming those you're trying to build a coalition with.

On the first point, I can see the case for or against testing a theory of social justice in unusual and/or extreme cases. On the one hand if you have a theory of how society ought to be arranged, it's worth asking a battery of questions to "stress test" that theory. At the same time though, those tough questions can also just be concern trolling. There's a whole brigade of conservatives who try to dismiss pariarchy by focusing on a bad family court resolution. They try to dismiss white supremacy by focusing on BLM members yelling at white people at a cafe. It's an effort to make undecided people fail to see the forest for the trees.

To your second point (and it ties in with your first point), capitalism commodifies everything including basic tools of survival like shelter and healthcare and food and clean drinking water. It's pay to play in order to live. As a result, you're making yourself safer by having money. She is getting money by becoming a very small capitalist in the way that small shop owners do. So I agree that if we're going to convert the small shops into coops, that should be the absolute last thing that happens after we convert the big industries into cops and we decommodify all the necessary items, required for living, then we can have a world where the liquor store is a coop and the person who writes books about political theory is not doing so to make a profit.

Didn’t know aepps20 aepps20 pulled up in MA! :pimp:

635552C9-7341-4943-891F-4AD73653D870.jpeg

COAL GANG aside, bruh this **** scared the **** outta me. MA isn’t an open carry state but these COD clowns really showed up like this
the thing is, either they're cosplaying and carrying a cardboard gun, or they're for real and they are a bad day away from a mass shooting.

either way, people roaming around like this are a threat to the public safety.

This is why I asked about the threads thoughts on gun ownership. Personally I encourage all left-leaning folks and libs to not let the right, alt-right and dangerously fascist groups monopolize the ownership in this country.

This is why I asked about the threads thoughts on gun ownership. Personally I encourage all left-leaning folks and libs to not let the right, alt-right and dangerously fascist groups monopolize the ownership in this country.
I’m a lib and I have guns. I do think it is far too easy to get them in my home state (I’m not super familiar with other states laws), and a lot of the **** I can get is super OD.

Back
Top Bottom