***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I appreciate him confronting Trump and calling him out. I feel like we rarely see people do that and I don’t understand why.
When we talk about money in politics, there is very little mention of money in the press. The most watched news in the US are for profit, and most of those channels run on a model that is not designed to inform but to keep people engaged (unfortunately through outrage) and sell those eyeballs to advertisers.

If Trump got fact checked hard every time he went on a non-rightwing TV set, he would stop going, people would stop watching, and executives would make heads roll. You should see what happened when some of the fools in the administration wanted to run the same misinformation schemes on British TV. They got run out of town by serious journalists.

l34wu9073fn51.jpg

I've always said that the only thing that can shut Trump down in his tracks, is an outspoken Black woman.

You guys should watch the “social dilemma”

does a pretty good job of explaining how the brainwashing has been so strong lately and the evolution of fake news.
Amazing doc. They need to regulate all of this **** or it’s over. Also funny how none of the WHITE guys can explain where it went wrong. Like, capitalistic greed is the problem here, guys.

I don’t even watch the news. I read stuff on here and get lols from Trevor Noah and listen to NPR when I’m at work big rigging.

**** is too toxic and I don’t need that.

I feel like ABC News is somewhat decent (from what I remember), but I often just get my news from Twitter/outlets like the Washington Post instead of cable news. Punditry is nauseating, and treats life or death situations as entertainment. It's not good for the purpose of informing viewers, and it just exacerbates the "team sport" viewpoint of politics that a lot of Americans subscribe to, unfortunately.

If Americans just watched PBS Newshour for their news, the country would be way better off.

I remember reading an paper a while back and their guessed that Fox News's popularity probably has the country 8 points more conservative that it would otherwise be, this was on the 2008 election. I can only imagine what effect Facebook and Youtube has had on folk.

If every American watched PBS for their news, just that little change, the country would be way better off.

So as peeped the sole I knew something was off.

The fact that Hahahaha Hahahaha let this slide shows his commitment to let **** slide in order to focus on the real enemy, Trump.

But if Kamala is sworn in, in January, she gonna have to get to a DTLR and get herself right.

Not saying anything negative about a mixed woman or someone going against Trump.

I know someone who's a MAGA supporter and told me a vaccine will be here by end of year. I was like bruh stop :lol: These clowns believe anything.
My girl had a big Zoom call with her family to know everyone doing. They have this call weekly.

Politics talk popped off.

One of her uncles said the Dems are sabotaging the vaccine to hurt Trump's reelection chances.

Some instantly said "Aren't you anti-vaccine". Dude gave a roundabout answer that was pretty much admitting he is in fact anti-vaccine

So everyone starting asking, if he thought vaccine are good now, or are they still bad.

Mans just disconnected from the call :lol: :rofl:

These Trump supporters are a ****ing trip

My girl had a big Zoom call with her family to know everyone doing. They have this call weekly.

One of her uncles said the Dems are sabotaging the vaccine to hurt Trump's reelection chances.

Some instantly said "Aren't you anti-vaccine". Dude gave a roundabout answer that was pretty much admitting he is in fact anti-vaccine

So everyone starting asking, if he thought vaccine are good now, or are they still bad.

Yup that's how it usually goes. Same dude said the economy and society will return to normal soon when the vaccine drops. I was like aren't most MAGAs anti-vax? How is a vaccine nobody gonna take supposed to help? He stuttered a few times and gave a dumb answer that I dismissed.

Dude should of just named himself "reconnecting " on the zoom call and not said anything

Back
Top Bottom