***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm starting to wonder if Republicans needed Ginsburg alive more than Democrats did. It's a lot of *** showing out there right now. Graham, Grassley, and all these other GOP folks who pledged not to do what they're about to do are getting hammered on all sides. Gotta love Pyrrhic victories sometimes...

dudes couldnt just keep their mouths quiet do nothing

either they win or lose big.. they can still do what they want to do after the election

but now you force people who are in a tight situation to have to attempt to save themselves, somehow

like look at Susan Collins, she’s already down 12 points.. either way she loses.. they go through with it AND she votes for it, she further loses support.. They go through with it AND she votes against it, she loses support.. She’s forced to speak out against it and her party and hope it doesn’t come to it AND hoping trump doesn’t attack her for speaking out against it

or look at Lindsey Graham with all those vids all over the place

The decision not to bring Garland's nomination to the Senate floor had nothing to do with it being an election year. They just simply did not want to go on record voting against Garland. The Turtle could've put it to a vote and all the Republican Senators could've voted no. But they knew that would look bad.

Most justices are voted in with large bipartisan majorities (Souter: 90-9, RBG: 96-3, Breyer: 87-9, Roberts: 78-22). Who hasn't passed the 60-vote threshold? Clarence Thomas (52-48 ), Alito (58-42), Gorsuch (54-45), and Kavanaugh (50-48 ). All Republican nominations.

Now Ted Cruz is saying that the key thing is, in an election year, if the Senate and president are not of the same party, then you shouldn't bring a Supreme Court justice nomination to the Senate floor. Which begs the question -- if it's not an election but the Senate and president are of different parties, should they not bring a nominee to the Senate floor? Like why does it matter that it's an election year? 50% of the time is an election year already these days...

Just like the electoral college and president, and just like the senate, the supreme court now disproportionately represents a minority of the country.

I thought you would be turned away if you wore anything political to a voting booth? The last few elections I participated in, they wouldn't even let people near the locations if they showed a political preference, let alone *that* scene above. Rules don't apply when you wear the red cap, I guess? The amount of babying that state and local officials do to satiate the lowest common denominator on every level in America is wild.

kxiakz8k0eo51.jpg

I'm surprised the tweet hasn't blown up mainstream yet. Only article I could find on it was on a Virginia democrat page. They need to be called out/shamed/canceled.

think it’s the scale. they didn’t really impede anything from what I’ve seen so I don’t think it’s being taken seriously at this point. like you literally could just walk around them.

think it’s the scale. they didn’t really impede anything from what I’ve seen so I don’t think it’s being taken seriously at this point. like you literally could just walk around them.
It has nothing to do with scale and everything to do with who is doing it. Remember the wall to wall coverage we received with the New Black Panther Party episode a few years back?

It has nothing to do with scale and everything to do with who is doing it. Remember the wall to wall coverage we received with the New Black Panther Party episode a few years back?

I agree kinda but even then our local news has covered damn near every little thing Trump and Blue LM supporters have done in this state, big and small. I don’t even remember what you’re talking about wholetime, so not sure wall to wall coverage is the proper phrase.

I think once it’s less isolated it’ll def get major coverage. But for now it’s literally a case of “just walk around them”. Horrible precedent obviously but again they’re doing this where they think they can get away with it.

What happened to that gentleman on here, a Sanders supporter, who thought that we should talk to racists, therefore being able to change their minds through education?

I agree kinda but even then our local news has covered damn near every little thing Trump and Blue LM supporters have done in this state, big and small. I don’t even remember what you’re talking about wholetime, so not sure wall to wall coverage is the proper phrase.

I think once it’s less isolated it’ll def get major coverage. But for now it’s literally a case of “just walk around them”. Horrible precedent obviously but again they’re doing this where they think they can get away with it.

legit never heard of this. the article seems to say media coverage was overblown by conservative outlets and under covered by left leaning ones.

so looks like more of the same to me. situation either overblown or under reported depending on where you look.

I do expect more of this though and likely some form of escalation depending on where you live.

Back
Top Bottom