***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Isn’t this textbook voter intimidation?

Yes it is. That's illegal, and I'm surprised nobody had the common sense to call the police :smh:. Personally, I wouldn't give a ****, I'd still diddy bop inside to cast my ballot. I don't give who's outside or what they're doing. At this point I think everyone who is physically able to, should vote in person, and do it early. Don't wait until election day, because we don't know what kind of tricks people have planned. The last thing you want is to find out on the day of that polling place is closed, machines aren't working etc. We need to plan this out and have contingency plans just in case.

This doesn't sound like fascism at all.

Trump supporter: But he's not using them

Why would anybody be intimated by these fools? That is sad, :smh: :smh:

when we label someone we disagree with a communist, a fidelista or a reactionary, we only echo the intransigence of the regime we fled

I'm glad that more people in immigrants communities are starting to see the same thing. I hope those voices get louder soon too.

One more edit:

I am a Cuban American and registered Republican. I was aghast in 2016 when the GOP selected as a candidate a selfish pathological liar whose ONLY skill is to con those naive or too lazy to do research. I voted for Hillary and I will be voting for Biden
Trump has achieved nothing (economy was doing fine in 2016 and growing for 26 straight quarters in 2016 while unemeployment was already down below 5%) The only thing Trump achieved was to deepen the division we have in this country and allow the racists to add their poison to the political arena.
Cuban Americans would do well to remember the last "Caudillo" they supported in Cuba, the one that persecuted "gusanos", blamed the "Imperialismo Americano" for all our woes, the one that saw "Freedom of the Press as a threat, the one that enriched his family by diverting the country resources to his family and friends, the same one that divided Cubans families. Trump and Fidel have a lot in common, Left or Right, the path to authoritarian self serving rule is very similar
BTW Venezuelans and Nicaraguans that have as well become blinded by the demagogue. If Trump gets re-elected, what do you think it will happened to those with a TPS. Do you think his opinion of Latins is different for you that it is for Mexicans?

Last edited:
dwalk31 dwalk31 I’m sure you want more of tnis

Withholding federal funds to blue states. Taxpaying citizens should be livid.

The March to authoritarianism moves on. Swiftly. We’re almost there.

It's not surprising to me that the Right thinks that none of it will result in a severe backlash. Then again, they have sanitized their version of American history so much that they truly believe that they, the defenders of the status quo and of a return to the old ways, are the true victims.

Do residents of said jurisdictions not need to pay federal taxes anymore?

imagine Bamasippi without the federal funding delivered by [checks notes] the global center of commerce.

my first inclination is to believe that this is some semi-meaningless public statement thing, similar to back when they threatened to take away funds from ¨sanctuary cities¨ and the Supreme Court was like lol no

then again, I ain´t never heard no **** like that before in my life...¨Anarchist Jurisdiction¨ tho.

Back
Top Bottom