***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I have heard rational republicans

"Rational Republicans", you say?

tenor.gif

I’d argue the fact that trump trying to take away health insurance and rights for those with pre-existing conditions during the middle of a pandemic has a much, much larger negative effect than the crime bill. But hey, 20% of the prison population was convicted on federal crimes and the first step act reduced the sentence of .002% of all prisoners last year because the vast majority of all those incarcerated are at a state and county level so problem solved right?

Mass incarceration exists no more because of the trump administration and the 5,000 people who have had their federal sentences reduced!!!!!!!!

2D63EA27-BA98-4E3F-898B-16E30F90C7F3.jpeg

I’d argue the fact that trump trying to take away health insurance and rights for those with pre-existing conditions during the middle of a pandemic has a much, much larger negative effect than the crime bill. But hey, 20% of the prison population was convicted on federal crimes and the first step act reduced the sentence of .002% of all prisoners last year because the vast majority of all those incarcerated are at a state and county level so problem solved right?

Mass incarceration exists no more because of the trump administration and the 5,000 people who have had their federal sentences reduced!!!!!!!!

2D63EA27-BA98-4E3F-898B-16E30F90C7F3.jpeg
Damn right

|l

Damn right

|l

It’s also helpful when you ignore that state and county prisoners make up the vast majority of the prison population and the states with the most prisoners per 100,000 are the following:

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
Missouri
Nevada
New mexico
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Wyoming
South Dakota

it’s weird, it’s like mostly all of these states with high incarceration rates have something vastly unique in common

In terms of these reasonable Republicans, how are these not red flags to them:
- Nearly half a billion dollar debt
- Not guaranteeing a peaceful transition of power
- The facts of the Mueller Report that conclude the 2016 election was interfered with by Russian agents that favored a Trump victory
- His associations with members of the Kremlin
- His egregious mishandling of Covid-19
- His failure to disclose his knowledge of the dangers of Covid-19
- His violation of the Emoluments Clause
- His violation of the Hatch Act
- His nepotism to appoint family members to positions in his administration including making giving his son in law access to classified information despite not having any sort of security clearance to such information
- His funneling of taxpayer dollars into his failing properties
- His deeper commitment to watching TV than actually performing presidential duties
- His crashing of the farming economy
- His vow to dismantle the ACA despite millions of them needing it
- His constant spread of conspiracy theories without any shred of evidence to them being true
- Countless other glaring issues...
I would like to meet one of these "reasonable" Republicans that still plan to support this ****. Trump empowers white supremacists and helps the rich get richer.

We've been WAY past this point for a long time.
My most common themes I have heard:

Immigration
Tough on China
Taxes

It's nonsensical honestly. This is mostly from children of immigrants too lol. And when I mention that Trump reached a deal with China (aka he was a soft lil *****) I get the response: "Oh he did that to please the midwestern farmers and will be tough again as soon as he is elected"

Taxes I get, but at some point when does a person look at a broader view past themselves and their own interests?

It's a losing battle. I miss the old days of dog whistles and smaller government. Simpler times from that side of the isle.

Last edited:
My most common themes I have heard:

Immigration
Tough on China
Taxes

It's nonsensical honestly. This is mostly from children of immigrants too lol. And when I mention that Trump reached a deal with China (aka he was a soft lil *****) I get the response: "Oh he did that to please the midwestern farmers and will be tough again as soon as he is elected.

Taxes I get, but at some point when does a person look at a broader view past themselves and their own interests.

It's a losing battle. I miss the old days of dog whistles and smaller government. Simpler times from that side of the isle.
I've definitely come across some immigrants that are pissed because they did things the "right way".

The tough on China **** is laughable.

I've definitely come across some immigrants that are pissed because they did things the "right way".

The tough on China **** is laughable.
My Trump supporting cousin overstayed a holiday visa when he came to the country to attend HS. The his pops hired an expensive *** immigration lawyer to get him a student visa on a technicality to attend college, and then he got a green card because his girl married him.

Yet he still talks about how he did it the right way :smh: :lol:

My Trump supporting cousin overstayed a holiday visa when he came to the country to attend HS. The his pops hired an expensive *** immigration lawyer to get him a student visa on a technicality to attend college, and then he got a green card because his girl married him.

Yet he still talks about how he did it the right way :smh: :lol:

You have no idea how many Polish immigrants are the same. When I hear them talk it baffles me. I tell some of them, you obviously have a short term memory of your situation just 10-15 years ago.BUT then when ICE finally made its way into NYC and some of their friends got deported they woke up.

it comes down to one thing with many immigrants and it’s the same for all immigrants of all backgrounds, if they are of a different ethnicity and skin color well **** them is their mentality. Until it hits close to home. We see the same **** with COVID.

If you’re a reasonable conservative in 2020, you’re a centrist Democrat.

I know those people, I once was one of those people. If you think that poor people, black people, women got a bad deal from History but you earnestly believe that structural change would be counter productive and make our society unfair, you’re a reasonable conservative. If you want to deal with social justice issues by having private business use HR to teach people better manners, that’s the reasonable conservative position. If you like US Empire but want to see its leadership be a bit more diverse, that’s the reasonable Conservative stance. That way of thinking is very acceptable in the Democratic Party in the age of Trump.

You can get your defense of financial capitalism, the CIA, Jeff Bezos, Austerity, Anti Unionism through the Democratic Party so if you’re a Republican, you are a Republican because we’re in a moment where the most “liberal” Republican is more reactionary, on issues of race and gender, than the most conservative Democrat.

If you’re GOP, you’re kinda sus ngl.

Back
Top Bottom