***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Woah there

9AD8A74C-F5CF-4A7F-9F32-C54E508CA21D.gif

Bruh, I was flipping through the fm radio stations in my truck at work, I haven’t listened to radio in 6 months because I’m not a broke boi and have satellite radio.

anyways this right wing radio station came up and the host was like “call in with any questions you’d have for president biden, NO conspiracy theories!”

dude was PISSED. Like he was trying to have a real radio show and he forgot who his audience is. All it was was questions on, the vaccine being changed to include micro chips and not the og trump formula, hunter Biden’s laptop and some secret cia bs.

dude was hanging up on every caller. Like bro you’re the one who associates with the q party now you’re mad?

While some individuals and most institutions, who use woke language, are attempting to mystify and distract from unequal power structures, that benefit said individuals and institutions; everyone, who explicitly rejects woke language and concepts, has bad politics and supports unequal power relationships.

The most charitable interpretation of the latter is that they see regressive language as the key to winning over “the working” class but that only reigned the narrow and racialized view of the working class. The truth is that the working class is gay, trans, black, latinx, immigrant (documented or not), disabled, etc. so being hostile to their interests, makes mass politics and labor militancy.

A more common reason why someone would call themselves antiwoke but say they are left or progressive is because the GOP brand is very unappealing for younger people so tweeting or podcasting as a doctrinaire conservative is eschewed. Meanwhile, fairly or not, many younger people see the Democratic Party as working hard in glove with rich and powerful institutions (which increasingly use woke language in their public presentation) so tweeting or podcasting as a doctrinaire liberal and/or Democratic Party booster is also eschewed. So the niche that remains is the anti woke/post left.

Another reason why self described leftists and even progressives might present themselves as anti woke is that they are CIA. There’s a long history of this in our history. I don’t think it’s widespread but I have no doubt that some of these anti woke accounts on Twitter are run out of Langley, VA.

I mean he's got a point there. I drive to AC every other week to play NLH. Definitely would be hella convenient.

Then again imagine the ******* it'll bring lol.

Back
Top Bottom