Official Post Your Debt thread vol. uno?

I figured if we can make threads about our stacks...its only right to show the other side of the game, right? Keep everything in perspective.
I'm sure most of us aren't debt-free ball-a-holics.

I mean, its a recession....so lets get some recession-appropriate threads.
roll.gif

Anyway, post whatever....pics, or just list em. Here I go...

ok, yea...so I half-cashed, half-financed my new watch...so what about it

jr2n1y.jpg

G35...financed that too (man, I gotta pay this off before full term)

2ppx952.jpg

And the one that hurts the most to look at, but was easily the most worthy of all the debt it accrued...the dreaded student loan.

xkt7r6.jpg

I'm not even gonna tally that all, cuz it hurts my feelings. I just console myself with the fact that at least I don't carry revolving credit carddebt...ever.
wink.gif

i have no debt.

I need help deversifyin my portfolio (through my IRA account) i need to invest in Bonds and a few stocks, but using what fidelity has recommended, they allhave lost 25-40% in the last year. any help or advice? basically my IRA is a non interest earnin savins account.

you in the navy?

seems like dudes i know in the military think they ballin for some reason. no disrespect to you if you are or not. i just saw that navy federal account. dudesput a lot of money into cars..........copp dirt bikes an all this other stuff. o yea they be happy to go to iraq too cuz they get more i guess.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

you in the navy?

seems like dudes i know in the military think they ballin for some reason. no disrespect to you if you are or not. i just saw that navy federal account. dudes put a lot of money into cars..........copp dirt bikes an all this other stuff. o yea they be happy to go to iraq too cuz they get more i guess.
no, I'm a pharmacist. My father is ex-Marine, so I'm navy federal credit union eligible.

Glad too, they take of their people and offer pretty competitive rates.

o yea thats whats up then. maybe thats why dudes ball out. well youre a pharmacist so.......eh you doin alright. secure job

i owe damn near 2000 in traffic tickets
i owe 3500 in student loans
i owe home depot 1200
i owe tmobile 177
i owe my neighbor 50
i owe my mom 80

A lot of people that will post here are going to say no debt because I'd imagine that most of NT is in high school anyway.

Originally Posted by lil rell

i owe damn near 2000 in traffic tickets
i owe 3500 in student loans
i owe home depot 1200
i owe tmobile 177
i owe my neighbor 50
i owe my mom 80

what state are you in? how many tickets is that? that much seems like your lisence would get suspended?

o yea......but yea i have no debt right now.

A lot of people that will post here are going to say no debt because I'd imagine that most of NT is in high school anyway.

I kinda thought that too...but I know we have a lot of college students in here too, so they can relate. As well as the few other oldheads.

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Basically, I'm about 5 thousand in debt with various credit cards

nah Freddy.........................i think we got a lot of NTrs who are in there 20s actually.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

nah Freddy.........................i think we got a lot of NTrs who are in there 20s actually.
really? thats kinda funny lol cuz most NTrs act like 14 year olds
tired.gif

Crimson I'm probably gonna have to take out student loans for the next 7 years .. How bad is this gonna suck?

To be honest, i don't even know, and am actually scared to find out. I kno it's not astronomical, but it's more than I have.
smh.gif

At this point in my life, I'm just happy to be alive and well, thank God.

Crimson I'm probably gonna have to take out student loans for the next 7 years .. How bad is this gonna suck?

^ make sure its worth it. Fortunately, for me, I chose a career where the cost of the education is easily justified by the salary. So even though that 50grand up there is a lot of money, it doesn't really bother me, because it was definitely worth every penny. In some respects I feel as if I got off light,because many of my classmates clocked in around 80-100k worth of school debt. And I'm never struggling to make the payments, not even close, so it hardlyhas any effect on my life.

But most careers aren't as cut-and-dry as graduate-->get this many dollars. So just make sure you know where you are headed, what you plan to do, andwhether it will all be worth it in the long run.

Don't mistake me...happiness is most important, but throwing away a ton of money while idling in undergrad and calling it "finding yourself" or"deciding what you want to do", well, I imagine you'd find that regrettable once you started working and those student loan bills start to showup.

But since you said 7 years, it seems you already have a defined career path in mind. So, will it cost you more than its worth. And if so...is the amountsmall enough that your happiness would outweigh the debt accrued in your mind.

As of 12/14/08, $0. I have my car paid for, all major purchases I have paid for (bikes, cookware, enough clothes, electronics), stuff I need for an apartment(furniture mostly, and cookware) already, and the first 2 years of college in a savings account.

lets see:
c.cards:$6,500
a loan for my sister(which she never paid yet):$6,630
my bank:$450
my car:$10,000

Alot of it was miss handled money(my fam ran my credit card through the roof). I got a car for my sister and she promised to pay the note every month, butwound up getting it repoed my credit is not a good look right now. I'm slowly but steadily making payments to restore what credit i have but it seams likei'll be paying forever. Note the wise:Take care of your credit. It can jam you up on a lot of things. If you don't have the resources to havecredit, don't even think about it. Your credit is so important these days. Just a piece of advice for the younger kids on here.

damn yall make me feel blessed by only being about 1000 in debt which will be paid off before the year is over

15k on a student loan
7k on a card
(.25 overdue library fine...)
i owe chuck 5 bucks for betting against that team during the halftime show...

Back
Top Bottom