Official Post Your Debt thread vol. uno?

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

Crimson I'm probably gonna have to take out student loans for the next 7 years .. How bad is this gonna suck?

^ make sure its worth it. Fortunately, for me, I chose a career where the cost of the education is easily justified by the salary. So even though that 50 grand up there is a lot of money, it doesn't really bother me, because it was definitely worth every penny. In some respects I feel as if I got off light, because many of my classmates clocked in around 80-100k worth of school debt. And I'm never struggling to make the payments, not even close, so it hardly has any effect on my life.

But most careers aren't as cut-and-dry as graduate-->get this many dollars. So just make sure you know where you are headed, what you plan to do, and whether it will all be worth it in the long run.

Don't mistake me...happiness is most important, but throwing away a ton of money while idling in undergrad and calling it "finding yourself" or "deciding what you want to do", well, I imagine you'd find that regrettable once you started working and those student loan bills start to show up.

But since you said 7 years, it seems you already have a defined career path in mind. So, will it cost you more than its worth. And if so...is the amount small enough that your happiness would outweigh the debt accrued in your mind.

Well, hopefully it becomes very worth it. I'm a 1st year undergrad right now and would REALLY like to get into a T1 law school. Itransferred schools back to my hometown so I can afford it but I'm going to need to take out loans for a house. I'm not a fan of the idea of juggling30+ hours of work and 15 hours of school a semeste either, and I'll still need a job just to let myself live.

I'm sort of in a situation where my tags are expired on my car yet no matter what I fix emissions always fails. I drive a '96 Lumina and sort of needa new ride, is it a bad investment to go for something like a 2004 Acura TL and just lease it? A car is needed in my opinion.

"Condo paid for, no car payment..."

It feels nice to have never owed anyone anything that I didn't have. Living outside your means FTL!

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

nah Freddy.........................i think we got a lot of NTrs who are in there 20s actually.
really? thats kinda funny lol cuz most NTrs act like 14 year olds
tired.gif
Visiting ISS too much recently?

I owe $700 on the CC account that I keep open (Limit is $3,500), for credit purposes. I try not to have an account balance over $1K. I pay it down and thenmake a purchase to have a balance,
eyes.gif
. I hate our credit system.

I owe $3,000 on the car I bought for my mom this past spring.

That's it. No student loans or car payments for me,
happy.gif

Originally Posted by The Rat Pack Is Back

Crimson, what kind of watch did you get?

I owe about $500 on my CC and owe way too much on my student loans...
Breitling Navitimer. there are pics of it in the watch thread.

+Massive student loans
+couple grand in cc's
...thinking about financing a car but not sure yet, its a tough decision cause I need 1...

I am about to finish pharmacy school and undergrad + pharm school has put me at 200k in debt. I'm not too worried though, I know I have the ambition in meto make some serious cash and worst comes to worst I fall back and be a community pharmacist and live off 95k a year. I'm actually suprised there was only1 reply saying they were over 100k in debt... Gotta spend money to make money

Damn
eek.gif

I owe 1,200 on a CC and about 1,700 left to pay off my student loans.

Can't wait til they're both out of the way. I want to get a bowl, fill it with water and drop my CC in it- freeze it... So I only use it when I reallyneed it

1500 on a loan
1k in credit cards
600 in child support
about to be 35k once i start school in march

Back
Top Bottom