**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

They were both from breeders. The pug was 2 1/2. He died from PDE. Extremely rare but pretty painful to witness. It hit him hard and he was gone within 48 hours.

The boxer was 14. He passed two weeks later. He put up a hard fight with cushings disease.

Damn that sucks man. That's why I didn't want a dog, people dont understand that sharing all that time eventually is like another child.

In regards to the Pug, if you got him from a real breeder, they should give you a replacement pup.

But man, you got 14 amazing years with a boxer? That's great man, the life expectancy for boxers now is between 8 to 11.

Last edited:

Has anyone ever taken in a stray?? We're looking to take in this pup that hangs around our apartment and follows us to school everyday... Just wondering what it was like, if they adjusted to home life well, associate with other dogs, etc.

Such a sweet little guy, malnourished but he's always got a smile on his face and pretty protective of us. Hes some kinda mix of golden retriever and maybe a weiner dog since he has a really elongated body. My fiance calls him the golden weiner :lol:

Damn that sucks man. That's why I didn't want a dog, people dont understand that sharing all that time eventually is like another child.

In regards to the Pug, if you got him from a real breeder, they should give you a replacement pup.

But man, you got 14 amazing years with a boxer? That's great man, the life expectancy for boxers now is between 8 to 11.
frown.gif
 My boxer is 7 years old now. I want him to live forever.

I noticed too that he has more gray hair on his face. But he's still the same goofball when he was a puppy.

Sigh.

Has anyone ever taken in a stray?? We're looking to take in this pup that hangs around our apartment and follows us to school everyday... Just wondering what it was like, if they adjusted to home life well, associate with other dogs, etc.

Such a sweet little guy, malnourished but he's always got a smile on his face and pretty protective of us. Hes some kinda mix of golden retriever and maybe a weiner dog since he has a really elongated body. My fiance calls him the golden weiner :lol:

someone might claim him after all this time, it happens

but in the meantime i say do the right thing and bring him to a vet & go from there

Does any of your dogs look around like there's a ghost around, this guy randomly starts looking around me and behind me with his ears flickering and stuff. Confuses the hell out of me.
My boxer tends to do this from time to time. His bed is located in my parents loft, which looks down to the front door. There have been late nights where he would wake up and start growling at the door or stand at the top of the stairs growling. Most of the time, I could tell him to go back to bed and he'd listen, but there are a few instances where he's really upset over something.

There was one experience where i was going to downstairs to get water at around 3AM and the closet door at the bottom of the stairs closed the moment I stepped on the floor. My dog flipped and kept growling at the door. I ended up going back upstairs and drinking water from the faucet lol.

someone might claim him after all this time, it happens

but in the meantime i say do the right thing and bring him to a vet & go from there
Yup we're scheduled to go to the vet tomorrow after class. We're gonna bring him into our yard tonight and see how that goes.

Since everyone is posting pics of there boxer I figured I would add mine.

Her and my daughter are best friends. If you look at the last pic the baby pushed her table next to the couch and climes on it ro get up on the couch and the dog is looking at her like aww shoot your gonna be in trouble

Last edited:
My wife and I lost our Fawn Pug and Boxer within a two week period last year (can't even explain how hard it was). We gave it about 8 months before we started working with a local Pug rescue to find a black Pug. We've had him about 6 months and couldn't be happier. We were told he was about a year and a half at the time of adoption but we think he might have been younger.

This is Darrell
http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/C13FE874-C1D4-43A6-9E82-FD01FADF74EE.png.html

sorry for your loss. the new pug is awesome. I've always wanted a black pug but i couldn't find any when i was looking for a pup.

This is my little buddy
smokin.gif
. He's a morkie (maltese/yorkie) and he's two years old now i believe. :smile:

He's like an infant, cries when he wants to be held, his toy, or a treat. lol. He's very fun and active likes to run around the house. Couldn't be happier with this little guy.
smile.gif

Last edited:

I have a Miniature Bull Terrier, 4 years old. He's a boy and quite hilarious they decided to name him Boy. So his name is Boy. Really active and likes to jump a lot. Friendly too but people always have that misconception that he jumps on you cus he's gonna bite you :smh:. Once he uses up all his energy though, he's a chill dog :nthat:

sorry for your loss. the new pug is awesome. I've always wanted a black pug but i couldn't find any when i was looking for a pup.

Thanks a lot.

After having both, there is definitely a personality difference with fawn and black Pugs. I found out later that it's a known difference. Black Pugs have a reputation as being the more mischievous of the two. That said, our new guy is definitely hilarious, just a little more stubborn.

The other main difference is the shedding. Black Pugs only have one coat as opposed to the two coats on the fawns/silver. We barely notice any shedding these days.

Thanks a lot.

After having both, there is definitely a personality difference with fawn and black Pugs. I found out later that it's a known difference. Black Pugs have a reputation as being the more mischievous of the two. That said, our new guy is definitely hilarious, just a little more stubborn.

The other main difference is the shedding. Black Pugs only have one coat as opposed to the two coats on the fawns/silver. We barely notice any shedding these days.

:x :x :x thanks for the info! my fawn pug is not social and sheds so damn much. If i come across a black pug, i'll definitely rescue it. :smokin

this video is dope.

Last edited:
They need to do this outchea in the U.S.

Shelter dogs always hits the feels

Edit: In case you don't understand Brazilian it's a video about how they replaced store pets with shelter pets and people couldn't tell the differance

Last edited:
My baby had her ears crop today. I would post pictures but don't want to start a PETA type of conversation.

What is the best way to find a breeder?

I want to look into buying a Frenchie...But why are they SOOO expensive?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom