Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
I think Armadillo in RDR was behind other parts of the country like Blackwater. Maybe in RDR2, we will see Blackwater before the changes

I don't think Revolver has any story connection to Redemption.

So something I'm confused about...the trailer says it's 1899 and the wild west is all but dead and gone...yet..I'm playing RDR now, Midway thru, and the map says 1910 and we still flourishing as cowboys..haven't made it to where they introduce cars yet..

Rockstar goofed?

America, early 1900's. The era of the cowboy is coming to an end. When federal agents threaten his family, former outlaw John Marston is sent across the American frontier to help bring the rule of law. Experience intense gun battles, dramatic train robberies, bounty hunting and duels during a time of violent change. Red Dead Redemption is an epic battle for survival in a beautiful open world as John Marston struggles to bury his blood-stained past, one man at a time.

Game description for RDR.

no PC

giphy.gif

RDR is a top 3 game for me all time, which makes me a little nervous for the sequel. I got faith Rockstar will deliver though

I don't think Revolver has any story connection to Redemption.

Game description for RDR.

no PC

giphy.gif

By RDR, I meant Red Dead Redemption. The map is of 1910.

Its just wild how the wild west can be all but done in 1899...but then we still cooking 11 yrs later in Redemption..

RDR is a top 3 game for me all time, which makes me a little nervous for the sequel. I got faith Rockstar will deliver though

i think story wise/single player it'll be fine. we didn't get any bogt/thad esque DLC with RDR either. even though the undead one is cool.

i dont have much interest in the online stuff, i played gta v online for like 2 hours.

cougars better be ready to catch these hands

Is this a prequel or what? John is dead but now he’s back?

They should also make a sequel where you play his son and go fight in World War One. :lol:

They should also make a sequel where you play his son and go fight in World War One. :lol:

It's a prequel. Set in 1899, 12 years before Redemption.

Yes RDR2 is a prequel. The main protagnist is a guy named Arthur Morgan not John Marston. Marston is in the game in Dutch's gang and is younger.

More info in previews are coming tomorrow from the usual gaming sites like IGN, gamespot, polygon, gameinformer.

IGN says their game preview starts at 7AM PST tomorrow.

Man who can forget this from RDR1:

17kvrPQ.gif

:lol: :wow:

I was like holy crap when I first saw and did this in the game 8 years ago and was shocked as hell :lol:

Guess PS4 won't be releasing a remaster of part 1. Never played it before :frown:

You have to sign up and pay for Sony horrible PS Now streaming service to play RDR1.

My advice is to get a Xbox One S for cheap and play RDR1 on there. You can usually get a copy RDR1 for around $10 and it upscales and plays good on on a Xbox One S. But if you got the money for a Xbox One X it upscales and plays in 4K HDR.

Last edited:
You have to sign up and pay for Sony horrible PS Now streaming service to play RDR1.

My advice is to get a Xbox One S for cheap and play RDR1 on there. You can usually get a copy RDR1 for around $10 and it upscales and plays good on on a Xbox One S. But if you got the money for a Xbox One X it upscales and plays in 4K HDR.
Meh...I've been playing RDR on PSN. It's been fine. Having a great time. And it has all the codes in it already lolll. I played it clean back in the day, now it's all fun. Invincibility and Max money and unlimited bullets and horse stamina. John Marston like a god right now. I'm gonna break the game when he invincibile in the final scene lolll

Back
Top Bottom