Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

sick.gif

Honestly, Nike has enough "limited" releases already and it's definitely increasing every year (at least the way they market it and public perception). Could they really fit in retro LeBron's? Wouldn't the sales for the retro cannibalize the sales of the current sig? Or would it cause people to spend more money?

Nice collection nystatenisland :nthat:

I would like to see an HWC alternate colorway (from the VII) on the 9.

Nystaten's collection....GLAWD

Them WTTs....GLAWD

So you didn't get the Away Elites because you already have the WTTs? They always reminded me of them somewhat...

Last edited:
Jordans originally retrod in the early 90s, around the retro IX, i believe. its entirely possible that those Elites drop as a Retro+ colorway within the next few years.

A retro doesnt necessarily mean a player retired. Griffeys retrod while he was still in the league.
Wasnt Jordan retired? And anything is possible, and that whole Griffey deal was Nike pumpin out 90s shoes seeing as the whole "retro" deal is no longer a trend/fad but an actual fashion category now

To break the retired tie breaker - Penny I's retrod as well as the jason kidds with the alien eye while they were both playing. Retirement isn't a prerequisite for having a retro.
Pretty sure that's the same as what I said about the griffeys

Thanks everyone...

@peruwhite... The laces were always like that. Thought that's how they were suppose to be.

@muzikfrk75... I really don't care for them all too much but I think I will pick them up when my local store has this 50% off sale. They still have a fsr and they're marked done to $200 right now so for $100 definitely not going to pass.

I have been scouring everywhere I can think of to get that MVP pack in a size 11.5 or 12. Does anyone know where I can find that size? I have been going crazy looking for those the past few months.

Just got the cool grey from footlocker. They are on sale for $70, used the bday coupon for $60+tax

Where can we find that Entertainment book coupon?
Buy the entertainment book.  Its filled with mad coupons and its like $20 back when i used to sell them in HS.  That was 2006 so the price might have changes, but its worth it, youll save way more money then you paid for it

Jordans originally retrod in the early 90s, around the retro IX, i believe. its entirely possible that those Elites drop as a Retro+ colorway within the next few years.

A retro doesnt necessarily mean a player retired. Griffeys retrod while he was still in the league.
Wasnt Jordan retired? And anything is possible, and that whole Griffey deal was Nike pumpin out 90s shoes seeing as the whole "retro" deal is no longer a trend/fad but an actual fashion category now

To break the retired tie breaker - Penny I's retrod as well as the jason kidds with the alien eye while they were both playing. Retirement isn't a prerequisite for having a retro.
Pretty sure that's the same as what I said about the griffeys

if you knew your history then you would know the penny 1s and kidds retrod BEFORE the retro hype is what it is today. Regardless, my statement is: Retirement is not a prerequisite for a retro and I have given 3 examples. Your counter argument is weak. "Well, they dont count because of retro hype." Really tho?

Do you have a couple grand to drop on them?
I hate to support resellers but I need these in my life! I will pay whatever I have to for these. After months of searching I have found size 8.5/9/9.5/10/10.5/11 and I could secure either one of them today. But I wear 11.5 normally (12 in Lebron) so I hate to drop so much for an 11 when it just won't fit. Help me out on this people.

if you knew your history then you would know the penny 1s and kidds retrod BEFORE the retro hype is what it is today. Regardless, my statement is: Retirement is not a prerequisite for a retro and I have given 3 examples. Your counter argument is weak. "Well, they dont count because of retro hype." Really tho?
i think its a given 2011/2012 are extreme points of hype, so any year outside of that is a no duh, penny 1s and kidds SAT FOREVER, they werent doing Jordan numbers, they werent even doing hyperize numbers, so i will agree with your point, but i really wasnt focusing on that, i feel lebrons will not have a strong retro market, but i wont use penny/griffey/kidd retro pre-retirement numbers as a comparison

Last edited by a moderator:
i think its a given 2011/2012 are extreme points of hype, so any year outside of that is a no duh, penny 1s and kidds SAT FOREVER, they werent doing Jordan numbers, they werent even doing hyperize numbers, so i will agree with your point, but i really wasnt focusing on that, i feel lebrons will not have a strong retro market, but i wont use penny/griffey/kidd retro pre-retirement numbers as a comparison

then your taking my statement out of context and drawing your own conclusions.
i said you dont have to be retired to have a retro. you went into sales numbers??? then you said they werent doing jordan retro numbers??? jordan retros werent doing jordan retros numbers. everything seemed to be around back then.

then your taking my statement out of context and drawing your own conclusions.
i said you dont have to be retired to have a retro. you went into sales numbers??? then you said they werent doing jordan retro numbers??? jordan retros werent doing jordan retros numbers. everything seemed to be around back then.
you picked one small point out of my greater statement tho, IDC if being retired isnt a prerequisite, it was backup support for a bigger statement, i already said you are right, its whatever

my first statement was there wont be a srs retro market for lebrons, im comin back to my main point

jordans not doin numbers? the only time i can recall stuff sittin since ive been a teenager was the packs

jordans not doin numbers? the only time i can recall stuff sittin since ive been a teenager was the packs

:smh:

jordans didnt always sell out dude. they sat for a while. im sure anyone thats been around the shoe game for a while can tell you that.

Last edited:

:smh:

jordans didnt always sell out dude. they sat for a while. im sure anyone thats been around the shoe game for a while can tell you that.
im sure they were, some dude told me he bought multiples white cement IIIs back when for $30, i wasnt born yet doe

Back
Top Bottom