Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i seen the RSVP for these on Tuesday and was like WOW these are great.. I'm very happy i got the RSVP today i cant wait to see them

Code:
Anyone have an idea how these will fit? In the 7s and 8s I wore a 10.5, but in the 9s I wore 11...

Last edited:
The original $315 price tag, was ONLY created to generate hype and get attention. Good or bad press the shoe recieved lots of attention due to them claiming the price would be that high, even people who could care less about basketball or what shoes players are wearing for that matter, chimed in on what they thought. So now many people are aware of the shoe.

Inspiration, diamonds, equals pyramids, which equals, welcome and thank you Lebron for being one of the newest and one of the most popular members in the illuimanati cult. Naw let me quit before some of get in their feelings. Real talk, as fly as a lot of stuff is now adays there are symbols all over on just about everything. Anyhow the kicks are coo, but at this point, I am gonna have to say the Lebron 9's are better. I ended up with 10 pair (11 once I get my hands on those red elites), but for this pair unless I was playing ball everyday or for an organized league I don't see myself getting them (even on discount). Only the regular olympics and Jades, but that is a BIG "IF". Again nice shoe, but just not convinced and to be honest it is not even the price that has me on the fence. One thing I know if one really wants something they will get it regardless, hence people dropping damn near $1000 if not more for sneakers.

Same here, I wonder if the hype for these will be big due to the price.
Whats the over/under on how fast these will sell out online :nerd:

Instant. People are starting to see the custom packaging now and the extras they threw into this energy release. Extremely limited style to boot.

THE SHOE LOOKS WAY BETTER IN THE OFFICIAL PHOTOS BUT DOESN'T LOOK ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD WHEN SEEN IN NATURAL LIGHTING AND SETTINS AS IN THE PIC ABOVE :smh:
Therein lies the problem my good man - we don't know what influenced the DESIGN of the shoe, but we damn sure as hell are being told what is influencing the colourways. This shoe is a retooled/reimagined/rehashed 'Bron VIII V2/PS but they won't explicitly say that so the marketing and story-telling department has free reign to create a backstory for these joints.
Dc30 brought up a good point about the Jordan V DESIGN being influenced by the WWII 'Spitfire' fighter plane, but what really is the inspiration for these?

My gripe with their marketing isn't that they are/aren't sharing info on the design or color inspirations, it's that they're forcing it so much, like it HAS to matter. Usually when they give backstories it's in some interview... this time it's like BAM, we're gonna reveal this random story like it's a major feature of the shoe you're buying.

I get it's just talk, I don't have to read the articles, etc etc. But it's starting to irk me that they put out a normal Hyperdunk looking shoe and expect people to view it as "special" after hearing the stories. The design is what should make people view it as "special."

Don't get me wrong I like the Lebron X overall, but I am turned off by the marketing tactics now

SAID BEST. REPPED.

Don't tell me the only difference is the jeweled swoosh. Like to see the midsole i described at least..
Actually.................Yes. 
tired.gif

Well there's the lion lace lock, red swoosh on the inner toe box... midsole is the same as the kids version with a icey translucent sole. 

Hope that helps. 

Im glad the info for these was held for the last minute, it should make it a little easier to purchase online,

especially since its thursday and RD is only a couple days away. 270 is a nice piece of change to ask people to commit to a sneaker on such short notice.

I wish they could drop a more conservative maroon cw, and a shoe doesn't always need a story for them to be special.

Im glad the info for these was held for the last minute, it should make it a little easier to purchase online,
especially since its thursday and RD is only a couple days away. 270 is a nice piece of change to ask people to commit to a sneaker on such short notice.
U ain't never lying...Ppl anticipating the 29th and they throw another shoe out a week ahead of time

:lol:
Word.
Here's where Nike and/or retailers messed up on the release. There's no real photos or info on those Crown Jewel shoes aside from what we posted on CounterKicks late last night:
http://counterkicks.com/2012/09/exclusive-the-royal-story-behind-the-nike-lebron-x-crown-jewel/
Only a couple photos made it out in the last few weeks, it's the expensive $270 pack, the colorway isn't as hype at the jump like a SB would be. Crown Jewel is very limited produced product though, so maybe there wasn't even as much chance for these to leak out in full as other styles have. The shoe comes in special custom packaging you'll only find on this edition. Will prob be more valuable later too. This is an example where you can see all the unplanned leaks and early spy looks actually help Nike market and advertise their product for free. They probably hate not having the control over what and when info goes out, but everyone gets hyped up for weeks or months and sells right into the shoe. I don't think the vocal posts in here will reflect sales on this style though. Can't imagine they sit long, or at all, with how many pairs made.

please don't take this the wrong way Brilliant because I enjoy your posts from time to time...this is off topic but must you plug counterkicks website at every chance you get... it is weird enough a rep from that website is an admin here and is always posting links to counterkicks ... if u posted the link once why keep posting the same link over and over when someone ask a question... just post the pic/info on NikeTalk instead of having us go to another website... I do enjoy counterkicks website but damn all the plugs r not necessary... just my 2 cents..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom