Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

In Jason Jones' Geoff Petrie Q&A published this week (and discussed briefly before the spectacle that was Monday's announcement), the Kings' lead personnel man opened up a bit about what Sacramento needs going forward.

I think we need another creator, ballhandler. We need some more leadership on the court, either by the form of maturity or addition to the roster. Certainly we need to try to improve our three-point shooting, which fell off from a year ago. ... We'll have to look to fill out our roster with another frontcourt player of some kind.

In order of mention:

1. Another creator/ball-handler.

2. More leadership.

3. Three-point shooting.

4. "Fill out for roster with another frontcourt player."

In Jason Jones' Geoff Petrie Q&A published this week (and discussed briefly before the spectacle that was Monday's announcement), the Kings' lead personnel man opened up a bit about what Sacramento needs going forward.

I think we need another creator, ballhandler. We need some more leadership on the court, either by the form of maturity or addition to the roster. Certainly we need to try to improve our three-point shooting, which fell off from a year ago. ... We'll have to look to fill out our roster with another frontcourt player of some kind.

In order of mention:

1. Another creator/ball-handler.

2. More leadership.

3. Three-point shooting.

4. "Fill out for roster with another frontcourt player."

Originally Posted by Mister916

I won't be able to make it.

frown.gif

ESPN's Chad Ford has released his first official 2011 NBA Mock Draft of the season. He places a player already mentioned by at least one Sacramento King (Tyreke Evans), star guard Kemba Walker.
The Kings have finally come to two realizations in the past year. One, Tyreke Evans isn't a point guard. Two, character and leadership matter. Enter Walker. Not only does he play the right position, but no one in college basketball showed more heart, leadership or a desire to win than Kemba this past season. He has his weaknesses, but he should give the Kings something they really haven't had in a while -- a winner.

None of Ford's testimony is necessarily true; the Kings certainly haven't announced that Evans will not play point guard going forward, given that 'Reke played with Marcus Thornton (a true shooting guard) a lot in the final weeks of the season, with Beno Udrih on the bench. I'll also note that it's unclear Walker will be any more of a point guard than Evans is.

But that said, while I'm not completely sold Walker can translate to the NBA in terms of a high-usage guard, it's a solid pick that would seem to have a serious chance of coming true. The Kings have said they need another guard, and Walker's the No. 2 guard on the board behind Kyrie Irving.

ESPN's Chad Ford has released his first official 2011 NBA Mock Draft of the season. He places a player already mentioned by at least one Sacramento King (Tyreke Evans), star guard Kemba Walker.
The Kings have finally come to two realizations in the past year. One, Tyreke Evans isn't a point guard. Two, character and leadership matter. Enter Walker. Not only does he play the right position, but no one in college basketball showed more heart, leadership or a desire to win than Kemba this past season. He has his weaknesses, but he should give the Kings something they really haven't had in a while -- a winner.

None of Ford's testimony is necessarily true; the Kings certainly haven't announced that Evans will not play point guard going forward, given that 'Reke played with Marcus Thornton (a true shooting guard) a lot in the final weeks of the season, with Beno Udrih on the bench. I'll also note that it's unclear Walker will be any more of a point guard than Evans is.

But that said, while I'm not completely sold Walker can translate to the NBA in terms of a high-usage guard, it's a solid pick that would seem to have a serious chance of coming true. The Kings have said they need another guard, and Walker's the No. 2 guard on the board behind Kyrie Irving.

We need a small forward more than a PG. Harrison Barnes woulda been nice, but any PG talk for us should be saved for Josiah Turner ::shrugs::

If the lottery can be rigged for hometown prep stars to play at home, the Kings should be given Turner...

Just saying
nerd.gif

We need a small forward more than a PG. Harrison Barnes woulda been nice, but any PG talk for us should be saved for Josiah Turner ::shrugs::

If the lottery can be rigged for hometown prep stars to play at home, the Kings should be given Turner...

Just saying
nerd.gif

I personally think finding a good PG for the team is more important right now. Beno, Tyreke, or Marcus running the show is not going to work. Honestly, the Kings need a SF that plays defense and shoots open 3s consistently. Donte, Omri, and Cisco just aren't consistent enough, but they got the tools. Finding a good PG will also address three of Petrie's needs for the team.

Need that #1 pick.

I personally think finding a good PG for the team is more important right now. Beno, Tyreke, or Marcus running the show is not going to work. Honestly, the Kings need a SF that plays defense and shoots open 3s consistently. Donte, Omri, and Cisco just aren't consistent enough, but they got the tools. Finding a good PG will also address three of Petrie's needs for the team.

Need that #1 pick.

I will be ticked if Iggy and his God forsaken contract comes to Sacto
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I will be ticked if Iggy and his God forsaken contract comes to Sacto
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

wow didnt know that contract was that bad. you have a problem when brand and iggy is about 30 mil on the books

wow didnt know that contract was that bad. you have a problem when brand and iggy is about 30 mil on the books

The lotto is May 17th to be exact....... I am nervous. I wonder if the Maloofs will represent themselves??? Maybe they send KJ??????????
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom