Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

kings stay getting low draft picks
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

It's ok guys, we have money to spend.
I don't really see any potential FA's worth spending on though........................
Sidenote, how is free agency gonna work with the CBA expiring
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I see us draft one of the Euro's or Bismack if we give up on Dalembert's resigning
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

It's ok guys, we have money to spend.
I don't really see any potential FA's worth spending on though........................
Sidenote, how is free agency gonna work with the CBA expiring
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I see us draft one of the Euro's or Bismack if we give up on Dalembert's resigning
eyes.gif

The Kings shouldn't spend money just to spend money. The Pistons messed up doing that couple years back with Gordon and the Villanueva. Same with the Bucks last year in trading for Maggette and signing Salmons. However, re-signing Thornton and Dalembert at fair prices should be done. I only hope there aren't any teams driving up their prices for fun.  

Some mock drafts got the Kings taking Bismack. If he is a Ibaka-type, he will need some time before he starts. Hopefully Dalembert is around as a mentor. Gotta remember we still got Whiteside on the team too.   

The Kings shouldn't spend money just to spend money. The Pistons messed up doing that couple years back with Gordon and the Villanueva. Same with the Bucks last year in trading for Maggette and signing Salmons. However, re-signing Thornton and Dalembert at fair prices should be done. I only hope there aren't any teams driving up their prices for fun.  

Some mock drafts got the Kings taking Bismack. If he is a Ibaka-type, he will need some time before he starts. Hopefully Dalembert is around as a mentor. Gotta remember we still got Whiteside on the team too.   

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Don't forget that Thompson played a lot better ball once Landry was dealt.

Is Tristan Thompson entering the draft? And how does everybody feel about Khawi Leonard?

Don't forget that Thompson played a lot better ball once Landry was dealt.

Is Tristan Thompson entering the draft? And how does everybody feel about Khawi Leonard?

If the Kings let Dalembert walk, then I say draft Bismack or a Euro big. Otherwise I really dunno where they should go with the #7 pick.

I'm not holding my breathe with Whiteside.

If the Kings let Dalembert walk, then I say draft Bismack or a Euro big. Otherwise I really dunno where they should go with the #7 pick.

I'm not holding my breathe with Whiteside.

i think we should trade this years pick for a potential high pick next year.. package it with a donte green or casspi? All I know is next years draft will > this years

i think we should trade this years pick for a potential high pick next year.. package it with a donte green or casspi? All I know is next years draft will > this years

Pretty sure the Kings will have to draft someone regardless if they think Dalembert stays or leaves. It would be great if he stayed for the right price tho.

Already forgot that the Kings actually have great depth in the front court with Cousins, Thompson, Whiteside, and Dalembert. And with Landry there before the trade, Thompson and Whiteside hardly got PT. Assuming Dalembert leaves, the Kings will need someone with experience to teach the young big men. I do not want Bismack learning bad habits from Cousins.
laugh.gif

Also, not really sure on Whiteside. Last year, the Bee had some articles that questioned his passion for the game and getting better. His stint in the NBDL was forgettable. Might be a maturity thing.

Pretty sure the Kings will have to draft someone regardless if they think Dalembert stays or leaves. It would be great if he stayed for the right price tho.

Already forgot that the Kings actually have great depth in the front court with Cousins, Thompson, Whiteside, and Dalembert. And with Landry there before the trade, Thompson and Whiteside hardly got PT. Assuming Dalembert leaves, the Kings will need someone with experience to teach the young big men. I do not want Bismack learning bad habits from Cousins.
laugh.gif

Also, not really sure on Whiteside. Last year, the Bee had some articles that questioned his passion for the game and getting better. His stint in the NBDL was forgettable. Might be a maturity thing.

laugh.gif

the more I think about it, the more I am starting to hope Kemba lands to us at 7, or maybe even reach with Jimmer
ohwell.gif

I still think that whether or not Dalembert leaves will determine who we take. No point in taking a big if he is gonna be around. 

laugh.gif

the more I think about it, the more I am starting to hope Kemba lands to us at 7, or maybe even reach with Jimmer
ohwell.gif

I still think that whether or not Dalembert leaves will determine who we take. No point in taking a big if he is gonna be around. 

Well, the point is, the Kings don't know if Dalembert will leave or not and the draft will be before free agency starts right? Who knows at this point to be honest.

Can someone explain to me why Kemba Walker tho? I know leadership is a good quality, but he is smaller than Quincy Douby  and not a pure PG. He reminds me of Flynn and Ty Lawson at this point. Even Aaron Brooks. I really just want a PG that will make life a lot easier for Tyreke and Cousins by setting them up for easy shots. Trade for Rubio? 
laugh.gif

Well, the point is, the Kings don't know if Dalembert will leave or not and the draft will be before free agency starts right? Who knows at this point to be honest.

Can someone explain to me why Kemba Walker tho? I know leadership is a good quality, but he is smaller than Quincy Douby  and not a pure PG. He reminds me of Flynn and Ty Lawson at this point. Even Aaron Brooks. I really just want a PG that will make life a lot easier for Tyreke and Cousins by setting them up for easy shots. Trade for Rubio? 
laugh.gif

To be honest I just want a capable PG
laugh.gif
and I think Flynn/Lawson/Brooks are all capable, and thus Kemba wouldn't be too bad at #7. But I digress, all we have to do is offer Tyreke for Rubio
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To be honest I just want a capable PG
laugh.gif
and I think Flynn/Lawson/Brooks are all capable, and thus Kemba wouldn't be too bad at #7. But I digress, all we have to do is offer Tyreke for Rubio
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Beno is a capable PG too. Just won't win much games tho if he starts due to his poor defense.

Always been a fan of Hinrich (not a pure PG), but at least he is willing to play defense and can run the offense part-time like he did for the Hawks before he got injured. Last year of his contract next season. Hawks might trade him to re-sign Crawford and they know Teague is the future now for the most part. Not ideal for the Kings, but an upgrade.

Ramon Sessions will no longer be needed with Davis and Gibson healthy on the Cavs. Adding Irving = 0 PT for sure. Not ideal or a pure PG, but slight upgrade.

Raymond Felton would probably like to start somewhere else than come off the bench. Ideal trade besides Chris Paul.
laugh.gif

Beno is a capable PG too. Just won't win much games tho if he starts due to his poor defense.

Always been a fan of Hinrich (not a pure PG), but at least he is willing to play defense and can run the offense part-time like he did for the Hawks before he got injured. Last year of his contract next season. Hawks might trade him to re-sign Crawford and they know Teague is the future now for the most part. Not ideal for the Kings, but an upgrade.

Ramon Sessions will no longer be needed with Davis and Gibson healthy on the Cavs. Adding Irving = 0 PT for sure. Not ideal or a pure PG, but slight upgrade.

Raymond Felton would probably like to start somewhere else than come off the bench. Ideal trade besides Chris Paul.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom