Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

I just really like Kemba's game. He can shoot, drive & dribble. I know he isn't that great of a passer but I think he's capable of being a solid pg. Unless we can deal this pick I don't think we have anything to lose by drafting him.

Also, Bismack looks really impressive. He looks like he doesn't have a jumper and his offense isn't polished but his defense and vertical looks really nice.

I just really like Kemba's game. He can shoot, drive & dribble. I know he isn't that great of a passer but I think he's capable of being a solid pg. Unless we can deal this pick I don't think we have anything to lose by drafting him.

Also, Bismack looks really impressive. He looks like he doesn't have a jumper and his offense isn't polished but his defense and vertical looks really nice.

I feel you. Some mock drafts got Kemba being picked at #3 now tho. Trade for Devin Harris? 
laugh.gif

What's the word on Hassan Whiteside? I know he had a knee injury but it seems like dude just disappeared.

What's the word on Hassan Whiteside? I know he had a knee injury but it seems like dude just disappeared.

Pretty much. Disappointing rookie season. Still has the largest wing span of any player in the league tho. Well, until Bismack gets drafted and then they'll be tied.

Tristan Thompson does nothing for me too. You are probably right about being another JT. Oversized SF-types that were forced to play PF due to their size.

Kawhi Leonard. Next Shawn Marion/Gerald Wallace? Wish those types knew how to shoot tho.

Pretty much. Disappointing rookie season. Still has the largest wing span of any player in the league tho. Well, until Bismack gets drafted and then they'll be tied.

Tristan Thompson does nothing for me too. You are probably right about being another JT. Oversized SF-types that were forced to play PF due to their size.

Kawhi Leonard. Next Shawn Marion/Gerald Wallace? Wish those types knew how to shoot tho.

He still has a ways to go with his knee rehab..... So he will continue to be MIA for quite awhile, if not all of this upcoming season.

He still has a ways to go with his knee rehab..... So he will continue to be MIA for quite awhile, if not all of this upcoming season.

^Yes sir

RESTRICTED
Darnell Jackson
Pooh Jeter (T)
Marcus Thornton

UNRESTRICTED
Samuel Dalembert
Marquis Daniels

^Yes sir

RESTRICTED
Darnell Jackson
Pooh Jeter (T)
Marcus Thornton

UNRESTRICTED
Samuel Dalembert
Marquis Daniels

[h1]NBA Draft Combine: Sacramento Kings Interview Kawhi Leonard, At Least Four Others[/h1]
by Evan Dunlap • May 19, 2011 11:44 AM PDT

Thanks to Tuesday's NBA Draft Lottery, we know the Sacramento Kings will pick seventh overall when the draft begins on June 23rd at 4 p.m. Pacific. And thanks to Kings beat writer Jason Jones, we know the players whom the Kings have interviewed at the Draft Combine, which in turn offers some clues as to which position the Kings may address with their first-round selection; they also own the 35th and 60th overall picks.

Jones says Sacramento has interviewed Kawhi Leonard, as well as Alec Burks, Nolan Smith, Brandon Knight, and Norris Cole. Let's make some sense of this.

http://
star-divide.v777cf8a.jpg

Sacramento has yet to interview a big man, as one might expect, given that it already has youngsters Jason Thompson and DeMarcus Cousins manning the front line.

Leonard (6-foot-7, 225 pounds) and Burks (6-foot-6, 200 pounds), from San Diego State and Colorado, respectively, are wingmen, but play vastly different styles. Leonard plays more of a power game, as evidenced by his stellar rebound numbers (10.6 per game as a sophomore). Burks, meanwhile, does an outstanding job at creating his own shot; he shot 50.8 percent on two-point baskets this season on his way to averaging 20.5 points. His ability to work himself to the foul line--he averaged 7.9 free-throw attempts per contest--also boosts his efficiency.

Knight is another notable name. The 6-foot-3 point guard averaged 17.3 points and shot a solid 37.7 percent from three-point range--on a whopping 6.1 attempts per game--for Kentucky this season and figures to be a high lottery selection. His talent is obvious; what's less clear is how he might fit in a Kings backcourt which already boasts 2009 Rookie of the Year Tyreke Evans.

Smith and Cole are second-round prospects in this draft. Smith, from Duke, averaged 20.6 points and 5.1 assists this season, but his age (22, more than a year older than Evans) relative to his peers at point guard serves as a drawback. Cole, for his part, put up impressive numbers at Cleveland State (21.7 points, 5.8 boards, 5.3 assists) but, like Smith, is already 22.

So far, we know the Kings have looked at two swingmen types and three point guards, which gives us a pretty good idea of just how up-in-the-air this draft is.

[h1]NBA Draft Combine: Sacramento Kings Interview Kawhi Leonard, At Least Four Others[/h1]
by Evan Dunlap • May 19, 2011 11:44 AM PDT

Thanks to Tuesday's NBA Draft Lottery, we know the Sacramento Kings will pick seventh overall when the draft begins on June 23rd at 4 p.m. Pacific. And thanks to Kings beat writer Jason Jones, we know the players whom the Kings have interviewed at the Draft Combine, which in turn offers some clues as to which position the Kings may address with their first-round selection; they also own the 35th and 60th overall picks.

Jones says Sacramento has interviewed Kawhi Leonard, as well as Alec Burks, Nolan Smith, Brandon Knight, and Norris Cole. Let's make some sense of this.

http://
star-divide.v777cf8a.jpg

Sacramento has yet to interview a big man, as one might expect, given that it already has youngsters Jason Thompson and DeMarcus Cousins manning the front line.

Leonard (6-foot-7, 225 pounds) and Burks (6-foot-6, 200 pounds), from San Diego State and Colorado, respectively, are wingmen, but play vastly different styles. Leonard plays more of a power game, as evidenced by his stellar rebound numbers (10.6 per game as a sophomore). Burks, meanwhile, does an outstanding job at creating his own shot; he shot 50.8 percent on two-point baskets this season on his way to averaging 20.5 points. His ability to work himself to the foul line--he averaged 7.9 free-throw attempts per contest--also boosts his efficiency.

Knight is another notable name. The 6-foot-3 point guard averaged 17.3 points and shot a solid 37.7 percent from three-point range--on a whopping 6.1 attempts per game--for Kentucky this season and figures to be a high lottery selection. His talent is obvious; what's less clear is how he might fit in a Kings backcourt which already boasts 2009 Rookie of the Year Tyreke Evans.

Smith and Cole are second-round prospects in this draft. Smith, from Duke, averaged 20.6 points and 5.1 assists this season, but his age (22, more than a year older than Evans) relative to his peers at point guard serves as a drawback. Cole, for his part, put up impressive numbers at Cleveland State (21.7 points, 5.8 boards, 5.3 assists) but, like Smith, is already 22.

So far, we know the Kings have looked at two swingmen types and three point guards, which gives us a pretty good idea of just how up-in-the-air this draft is.

Anyone else think they should change the style of the uniforms WHEN (knocks on wood) they decide to stay in sac next year?

Anyone else think they should change the style of the uniforms WHEN (knocks on wood) they decide to stay in sac next year?

Back
Top Bottom