Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

Well, that means we aren't drafting Knight. Two years ago, the early favorite was Flynn. Then it was Monroe last year. I do like Knight's size tho. And some other team would have taken him already like the article suggests. 

I need to hear what Jerry Reynolds has to say in the coming weeks. He always accidently says too much.   

Reynolds was just on the radio....... Didn't really drop any bombs, as he was talking about Jimmer I thought he would profess his man-crush for him... but instead he kinda talked him down a little bit
ohwell.gif
he did mention that his stock is definitely rising among the NBA folks.

Seemed like he was choosing very safe words in this interview.

Reynolds was just on the radio....... Didn't really drop any bombs, as he was talking about Jimmer I thought he would profess his man-crush for him... but instead he kinda talked him down a little bit
ohwell.gif
he did mention that his stock is definitely rising among the NBA folks.

Seemed like he was choosing very safe words in this interview.

He did however put an emphases on "IF the Kings keep the 7th pick"

but thats about as juicy as he got

He did however put an emphases on "IF the Kings keep the 7th pick"

but thats about as juicy as he got

I hope the Kings have a backup plan in case all the players they want get drafted before the pick.

Go after Batum since the Blazers are wasting his development with Wallace there. Might have to take Fernandez too tho.  

I hope the Kings have a backup plan in case all the players they want get drafted before the pick.

Go after Batum since the Blazers are wasting his development with Wallace there. Might have to take Fernandez too tho.  

Congrats to Peja. 
laugh.gif

As a Kings fan, it is tough to see the Mavs win it all. The Kings never had any rivalry with the Heat so it was whatever with them anyways. Bibby tho. 
tired.gif

Congrats to Peja. 
laugh.gif

As a Kings fan, it is tough to see the Mavs win it all. The Kings never had any rivalry with the Heat so it was whatever with them anyways. Bibby tho. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Congrats to Peja. 
laugh.gif

tired.gif

This. That shouldve been us 9 years ago
tired.gif

Congrats to Peja. 
laugh.gif

tired.gif

This. That shouldve been us 9 years ago
tired.gif

As Kings fan, it is tough to see the Mavs win it all

100% how I felt. And I was always more of a Bibby fan than a Peja fan.

As Kings fan, it is tough to see the Mavs win it all

100% how I felt. And I was always more of a Bibby fan than a Peja fan.

I wanted to see Bibby get a ring more than Peja. Bibby was nothing but clutch and Peja...Well Peja choked..

But my hatred for Lebron and the Heat is bigger than the admiration I got for Bibby..

BTW, I wouldn't mind Jimmer.
ohwell.gif

I wanted to see Bibby get a ring more than Peja. Bibby was nothing but clutch and Peja...Well Peja choked..

But my hatred for Lebron and the Heat is bigger than the admiration I got for Bibby..

BTW, I wouldn't mind Jimmer.
ohwell.gif

I mos def understand the hate on LeBron. Everyone I know hates the dude. I don't. LeBron hasn't done anything against the Kings so his actions means nothing to me at this point. If the Heat kept beating the Kings in the Finals, then yeah, I'll be a hater. 
laugh.gif

I would love to hear some opinions on why folks want Jimmer tho. At this point, I am leaning towards either a prospect big man (Sammy will probably leave) or a legit SF that will start over Donte and Casspi by mid-season. These scoring PGs are great, but they sound like they will clash with Tyreke who needs the ball. Now if we lost Thornton, dayum, we need one of those Kembas and Jimmers with the quickness off the bench.    

I mos def understand the hate on LeBron. Everyone I know hates the dude. I don't. LeBron hasn't done anything against the Kings so his actions means nothing to me at this point. If the Heat kept beating the Kings in the Finals, then yeah, I'll be a hater. 
laugh.gif

I would love to hear some opinions on why folks want Jimmer tho. At this point, I am leaning towards either a prospect big man (Sammy will probably leave) or a legit SF that will start over Donte and Casspi by mid-season. These scoring PGs are great, but they sound like they will clash with Tyreke who needs the ball. Now if we lost Thornton, dayum, we need one of those Kembas and Jimmers with the quickness off the bench.    

I like Jimmer, dude was basically the only offensive weapon at BYU and he still lit every team up, none more than Arizona. While I don't think he'll ever be a superstar I think he's gonna be very serviceable. I don't see the Redick comparisons other than the shooting, Redick never was and never will be a ball handler. Jimmer can be, similar to Steph Curry is how I see it. All that said, I think Utah probably takes him.

So what do we do with the #7? I say we trade it to a team around 17-20 and their 2nd rounder so we can draft Jordan Hamilton. Then since we have so much cap space make a trade to Cleveland for Baron Davis and give the Cavs a trade exception.

So hopefully our midseason lineup looks like this

PG - Baron Davis

SG - Tyreke Evans

SF - Jordan Hamilton

PF - Jason Thompson

C - DeMarcus Cousins

6th man - Marcus Thornton

7th - Donte Greene

8th - Omri Casspi

(I don't think we retain Sammy, although I really like his defense and effort).

I like Jimmer, dude was basically the only offensive weapon at BYU and he still lit every team up, none more than Arizona. While I don't think he'll ever be a superstar I think he's gonna be very serviceable. I don't see the Redick comparisons other than the shooting, Redick never was and never will be a ball handler. Jimmer can be, similar to Steph Curry is how I see it. All that said, I think Utah probably takes him.

So what do we do with the #7? I say we trade it to a team around 17-20 and their 2nd rounder so we can draft Jordan Hamilton. Then since we have so much cap space make a trade to Cleveland for Baron Davis and give the Cavs a trade exception.

So hopefully our midseason lineup looks like this

PG - Baron Davis

SG - Tyreke Evans

SF - Jordan Hamilton

PF - Jason Thompson

C - DeMarcus Cousins

6th man - Marcus Thornton

7th - Donte Greene

8th - Omri Casspi

(I don't think we retain Sammy, although I really like his defense and effort).

With the way our offense is set up, we don't exactly need a playmaking guard when we have Evans and Thornton playing off the ball. That is why Beno has worked out for these past couple of years. And that is why I want Jimmer. He is pretty much an upgraded version of Beno with some intangibles.

And hell no to trading for Baron Davis
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that would be exactly how I wouldn't want the Kings to spend their cap space.

With the way our offense is set up, we don't exactly need a playmaking guard when we have Evans and Thornton playing off the ball. That is why Beno has worked out for these past couple of years. And that is why I want Jimmer. He is pretty much an upgraded version of Beno with some intangibles.

And hell no to trading for Baron Davis
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that would be exactly how I wouldn't want the Kings to spend their cap space.

Back
Top Bottom